August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

Got another issue. Manual DL for FNV files all come back corrupt unless I select the CDN server.

This is only when I'm logged in as Premium. If I'm not logged in I can download just fine. No corrupt files.

Edited by d181sp1

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My downloading issues seem to have changed from slow download speeds and incomplete files to a more all or nothing scenario:

Smaller files downlaod very quickly, but ANYTHING large - HD textures, companion mods like Inigo, or even the Unofficial Skyrim Patch simply time out without ever seeming to connect. When downloading manually, it always works, but I often have to wait as long as 15 minutes (!) before the open/save dialogue box appears.

Seemed to randomly work better when I was premium and could bounce between preferred servers, but even then only a small percentage of the time.

Hope this info helps, and echo those who would love some sort of update on where this issue stands. Seems like two months is plenty of time for any CDN system to adjust load balancing . . .

- E

13 kbit/s, is the new standard for non premium users?

Errr... No. Based on repeated tests using speedtest.net, my (puny) DSL connection is provisioned at 2.8Mb/s. (When I harassed my ISP into trying for better and they bumped it to 3.0, it became unstable.)

I'm currently downloading a 1.67GB mod at 2.76Mb/s. In other words at basically the full capacity that my connection can handle. :thumbsup: