The Global Climate debate.....Posioned by Politics?

edgeburner

There it is again, hypocrisy. You are all for alternative fuel you would be pro clean, but you insist its the only viable means which i have been stating all along is not the case..

that video states that it all came down to fear, fear of change. Its the one thing that is hindering innovation.

Edited by Thor.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brr lol i heard this year is going to be a nasty cold Winter, last year was pretty bad. We had ice on the greet lakes sense June.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bad winter...It seems to be trending that way in the US and Canada.....at least in the eastern sectors.

Climate changes....and it always will, in spite of what the self-righteous planet savers doom predicts. Mother nature won't abide by their faulty climate models, she'll do as she pleases.... and we will adapt.

I lift a brew to my friends in Canada....we will survive regardless....as will our friends in Europe:)

You haven't heard about the terrorists now using CO2 bombs? Yep. They release tons of it into the atmosphere, attacking us indirectly by making our climate warmer..... or something..... :D

I bet they are sneaking re-fried beans into the cattle feed too, that way, they produce more methane. (a greenhouse gas 10X worse than CO2.)

We just witnessed it in NYC last weekend!! All of those climate hippies who drive their SUV's to work and, to the big climate protest, and, pound those cell phones to the tune of Leanardo Decrapioe and Al prostitute....Both of whom burn more carbon in one day than your entire family (if average) will burn in a month.....hell... maybe a year!

Not to mention all of that garbage those " clean the planet of all human excess" freaks left.

Gawd!! Not a one of them actually walks their lofty talk...Never...ever ever.

I don't see any reason to denigrate peoples names in any case. I'm sure these people are very popular in their own circles and that, most likely is the reason they support something that is popular there. It's really hard to tell who believes what today and who is just going through the motions to stay relivant. As for celebrities, they are who they are and part of their carreer is to keep people interested in them. These people squawk about the media intruding in their lives, but I think they would die a very slow death if the media really took them up on what they claim to want the most.

There it is again, hypocrisy. You are all for alternative fuel you would be pro clean, but you insist its the only viable means which i have been stating all along is not the case..

that video states that it all came down to fear, fear of change. Its the one thing that is hindering innovation.

Fear has nothing to do with it. It's all about money. The oil companies don't want alternate energy to succeed, because that will cut into their profits.

It's not hypocrisy at all.....I am looking down the road and at the economic aspect.

Pro clean is fine as long as the source is ready for prime time and not bound-up in power agenda's . Till then....

I don't see any reason to denigrate peoples names in any case.

If they didn't denigrate us, and, they actually walked their lofty talk, I would agree with you. Till then, i must respectfully disagree. If you can't lead by example, you simply cannot garner the respect needed to lead in the first place. Let's face it, the only reason that those folks (Gore and Decaprio) are out there is because of self-righteousness and the fact that they consider their opinion somehow more important than those of us 'regular' folks. An agenda driven ex-politician and a hollywood celebutard rant on an absolutely uneducated spiel about climate and I'm supposed to take their word for it??

Why?

Because of their "status"?

The fact that they actually believe that disgusts me....Just my opinion.

If they didn't denigrate us, and, they actually walked their lofty talk, I would agree with you. Till then, i must respectfully disagree. If you can't lead by example, you simply cannot garner the respect needed to lead in the first place. Let's face it, the only reason that those folks (Gore and Decaprio) are out there is because of self-righteousness and the fact that they consider their opinion somehow more important than those of us 'regular' folks. An agenda driven ex-politician and a hollywood celebutard rant on an absolutely uneducated spiel about climate and I'm supposed to take their word for it??

Why?

What makes you think they believe it? (especially in Leo's case....) There is a lot of money to be made from using your 'celebrity' to support one side, or the other. If someone were in a position to do so, I am quite sure that good ol' Leo could be bought, and from then on, be on the other side of the argument.

The oil companies don't want alternate energy to succeed, because that will cut into their profits.

Actually, that is not true. Most of the "oil companies' are invested in alternative energy, difference is that they know to look before they leap. These people did not arrive at where they are by rash decision making and lack of foresight.

look at the profit MARGIN of the major oil companies and tell me they are worse than any other ''big corporation". You'll find that they are in the 10% range. less than many corps like Microsoft and coca cola.

They have been investigated by fed over 30 times since 1970(?) and not once have they been found of any wrong doing. Remember Pelosi ranting on the oil company corruption back in 2008? What ever came of that??

Nothing. Period.

The oil companies aren't choir boys, but the also aren't the 'real' bad guys either. All of you who believe that they are the bad guys need to refocus your scope.

Why? Nothing there. Like the other 29 times.

What makes you think they believe it? (

Not a matter of believe, necessarily....it's a matter of ego......They think that somehow their opinion counts for more than yours or mine. Why else would they be so 'loud' and up-front and in turn exhibit such hypocrisy in their real life?

How can anybody respect that?

Why?

I don't think I've ever heard either of these two denigrate anyone, simply because they are public figures and need to appeal to the largest audiance. I think to brunt of those who look down on those who think differently are those who have the least to loose by doing so. Those nameless and faceless people who clamer into youtube and social media trying to capture their 15 seconds of fame from those eaqually irrelevant, who are ready, willing and able to suport this adolscent behavior.

As far as celebrities, we know absolutly nothing about their real feelings on any event, except what they've spoken about and even then we don't know truely how sincere they are. The idea that they think their opinion carrys more weight than ours is, I think is more a testimony of what an observer thinks of them more than what we actually know of any of them.

If they are hyprocrites then they are not alone in this world. I know that I've fallen into that trap atleast once in my life. To say that we don't do this or that is to not understand truly how shortsighted we are as human beings. Life is not over until it is done and to say anyone is above hypocracy is to say that we remember everything we've done from the day we were born and know everything we will do before we leave this world.

I am a hypocrite, a liar, a theif, an abuser, a drunk, a drug addict and a hopeless dreamer that somewhere in my head has created the desire that one day we will all be as kind to everyone as we think we deserve. Until that time I will struggle through my faults and misgivings trying to make amends for the wrong I've done to others and hope that others will follow. Right now I'm struggling with not taking the actions of others personally. I think I've I can master that I can stop reacting in kind and learn to actual love those who hate me, for not being more like them.