Left 4 Dead 2 Co-op

ub3rman123

I've been starved for a good co-op game since Borderlands, and I've heard this game is capable of it, so I'm considering getting it. My question is, does the game require two copies of the game to play with someone in the same room as you? I know Valve's usual tactics with wringing out pennies, so I suspect the answer is yes. I can't afford two copies, unfortunately, so I will either get it if it's just one or skip it if not.

oh by the love of all thats holy, dont!. I havent tried split co-op but lf4d 1 had it, but the game would only be worse with it, its not worth playing, co-op or not.

left 4 dead 2 is in rank 4 of my ten worst games ever, it has miserable gunplay, terrible graphics, terrible acting, no storyline, and the characters are total nonpersonas, this game has none of the things that made lfd1 bearable, and all of its flaws, magnified. 10 fold. basicaly you go along, zombies pop up, you shoot them, more pop up, you shoot them, run out of ammo, and zap! misteriously you find an ammo depot whenever that happens: lf4d is either waaay to easy or way to hard, it has mo middleground, easily one of the worst fps Ive ever seen, the dynamic dificulty Im yet to even see implemented, usualy teams either go through and headshot everything, at which point they just keep running headlong at us. or some retard thinks its funny to set off car alarms and everyone gets one shotted. this is by no means a fun game, the global version is a pathetic excuse for a shooter, and the australian version is even worse because it has all weapon hit FX, blood fx, fire fx and most combat sound fx, deleted, making it a silent film, lastly, the only thing horrifying here is the build quality: it isnt scary for a moment, being downright cliched in setting and without ever really giving a sense o0f danger, due to its abysmal or even missing music tracks, emotionless voicing, stupid, weak enemies and the fact that you dont give a flying flap about the people you are meant to save, and will probably end up shooting them yourself anyway just to stop the whining. 3/10

You need to learn to use paragraphs, Vinde! I gave up trying to read that block of text after the third line :(

I've just bought Left 4 Dead 2 after it's come down to the price of what an expansion pack would cost. I boycotted the game while it was £25 - £35 as Valve really screwed over the L4D community releases 2 so soon after 1.

You will not be able to play with a friend unless he has a copy too. That's standard for any game on Steam, and pretty much any PC game. We don't talk about cracks or piracy here, remember!

Bleh, I can't pay $80 for one game to play with my brother, and I get the feeling it won't be any fun alone. Time to do another playthrough of Borderlands! Is Borderlands the only game you don't have to buy two copies of to play multiplayer? I was praying it to be the rule rather than the exception.

I got Left 4 Dead 1 from day one when it frist come out and i must say it is great playing 4 player online with mates, hardly nobody i know got the second one becuase it was all most the same game, L4D 2 its not as good as the frist one it just feels swallow a cheap clone of the frist, i would have been better if they just updated L4D1 people would have been happy.

as for being the worst games ever .....i don't think so valve just let everyone down with L4D2 it only took them 12 months to make it WHAT!

( Release Date L4D1: Nov 21, 2008 )

( Release Date L4D2: Nov 20, 2009 )

most people just feel O_o ripped off nice one valve nice one......... but then again this is nothing new valve will keep doing this because people keep buying there stuff like slave to the man

Reviews of L4D 2 as you can see it got good Reviews but if you have the frist one i would only pick it up if you can find it cheap

Left 4 Dead 2 Reviews

reviews of Left 4 Dead 2

Gamespot 9.0 / 10

IGN 9 / 10

TeamXbox 9.2 / 10

Extreme Gamer 8.8 / 10

Worth Playing 9.3 / 10

Gamervision 9.25 / 10

GameZone 9.1 / 10

Gaming Age B+

VideoGamer 9 / 10

1UP A

Eurogamer 9 / 10

Fragland 87 / 100

AceGamez 95 / 100

Gaming Nexus A

DarkZero 9 / 10

GamingTrend 96 / 100

Gamecell 9 / 10

The Gamers Temple 84 / 100

411mania 9 / 10

Mygamer 8.4 / 10

Talk Xbox 93 / 100

Hooked Gamers 8 / 10

XboxAddict 8.7 / 10

Game Over Online 93 / 100

Console Obsession 9 / 10

Xbox Evolved 7.8 / 10

MS Xbox World 9 / 10

Planet Xbox 360 9.4 / 10

ZTGameDomain 8.5 / 10

TotallyGN 9 / 10

D+PAD Magazine 4 / 5

GamingExcellence 8.4 / 10

GamerNode 9.5 / 10

AtomicGamer 85 / 100

Console Monster 89 / 100

Gaming Target 9.5 / 10

Game Revolution B

GamePlasma 8.8 / 10

Gamer Limit 8.5 / 10

GameFocus 9.4 / 10

NZGamer 8.5 / 10

Kikizo 9 / 10

Games Xtreme 9.8 / 10

RealGamer 9 / 10

Digital Chumps 8.2 / 10

WonderwallWeb 9 / 10

GameSpy 4.5 / 5

Cheat Code Central 4.6 / 5

Gametrailers 8.7 / 10

Giant Bomb 4 / 5

Lawrence 8.75 / 10

VGChartz 9 / 10

NTSC uk 8 / 10

Official Xbox Mag 9.5 / 10

Game Informer 9.5 / 10

GamePro 4.5 / 5

Xbox World 360 Mag 92 / 100

Games Master UK 95 / 100

gamesTM 8 / 10

X360 Magazine UK 9 / 10

Hardcore Gamer Mag 4.5 / 5

Edge Magazine UK 9 / 10

Still not sure I'd want to get it. I don't like playing against people I don't know online, for the same reason Omegle scares the crap out of me, and I'd hate to fork over the cash for two copies from Valve. Bloody highway robbery on their part, if you ask me.

(No, before anyone asks, I don't want to pirate anything, as stealing from the developers would be immoral and wrong, regardless of the crap their marketing division pulls.)

We got a great deal on Left4Dead 2, and got it mostly because were were bored with the maps of the first one, and it had a chainsaw. Only really played with my two brothers, the younger being an amazing tank, the older the strategist and their pal Riggs as the sniper.

I covered the rear, the snipers and tank's asses from specials, and spotted goodies. It wasn't the same with anyone else so I suppose it was a sibling bonding thing. If you have one or two buddies to team up with its great, and all mistakes can be blamed on the bot. I'm not really social enough to go play on a public server, but for a rpg player to look forward to the next lan says something, right? Playing alone just does not work.

Great family fun ... for some! :teehee: