Moon base mod

Metrokiller555

Here is how I would imagine things went down. 2077 America and China are both competing for H3 resources on the moon but because the war effort is taking up so much of their resources, time and effort both sides could only send a skeleton crew to start a colony now the colonies would be at least 250miles apart to avoid interaction with each other in the early years of colonization. Now both nations probably sent only 20 people each and enough DNA samples to produce infant clones that would be raised by the original scientists as their own children. A starting population of at least 50-80 people for a stable genome would be the bare minimum for a colony to survive and even thrive over time so that is why the original colonists would need to raise cloned children as their own in order to create a diverse genome. The first 100 years or 5 generations would see significant growth of both colonies and the growth would cause them to eventually compete for resources located in the 250mile gap between the colonies and this would probably reignite old rivalries and jump start the China Vs U.S.A. war all over again only on the moon. Now both colonies will be wary not to lose to many colonists or their colony could fail from lack of genetic material and would result in inbreeding and eventually death of the whole colony. So when the player arrives there will be a struggle for power going on only it'll be a small scale guerilla war with hit and run tactics, lots of mine fields and sniper nests. So the character would have to take sides in the struggle and help one side win the war and take prisoners if possible.

Edited by Morgwynn

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the population would be 32,600 if you started in 2077 to 2277 with a starting population of 3000 at a population growth rate of 0.012. http://www.metamorphosisalpha.com/ias/population.php <--( Population Calculator ) now if the growth rate was reduced to say 0.006 then your population would be 9,924 after 200 years and the disaster on the moon could have claimed 80% of those lives. However I think that it should be a small moon base other wise nobody would want to work on a DLC sized mod.

Remember though... You do not have to see everyone. Maybe only 3 or 4 important story NPCs would have dialogue. All the rest could be generic scenery/targets.... for simplicity....

500 then it grew to over 2500 then the disaster brought the population down to less than 350 (or the same numbers as before but the disaster killed all but about 350.. either way).

So then the it the remaining population fractured and started fighting among themselves. That way we could have similar stories and similar guerilla tactics, but still work in a cool larger battle of some kind (if need be).

Or just use your story with numbers in the low hundreds....

Edited by blaze1514

Here is another idea that has been rolling around in my head, If for example we go with the China Vs U.S.A. colony idea and there is a small war going on there could be an outcast base separate from the other two factions made up of Ghoul scientists, Lunar Gangs <--( Picture a cross between the Tunnel Snakes and Raiders only on the Moon. ), Smugglers and Mercenaries living in a seedy run down ore processing plant converted for make shift living habitats, illegal drug labs, Bars & Brothels, and Black Market weapons and armor dealers. The outcast base would have a dark grungy kind of cyber punk feel about it, nothing like the orderly, sterile, scientific bases of the Chinese or Americans. The outcast base might be a good place to unload contra ban weapons, drugs and armor taken from enemy soldiers and the Black Market in outcast base would probably pay 20% to 30% above what you would get from one of the other 2 factions since outcast base doesn't have weapons manufacturing facilities of it's own. Of course Ghoul Scientists could reverse engineer weapons technology and the player could help them acquire equipment to manufacture there own weapons for their defence forces <--( Mostly Mercenaries. )

Edited by Morgwynn

I was also thinking that the giant dome at the REPCONN Test Site would make a perfect dome for the lunar/moon bases of the American and Chinese colonies if only it were possible to change the texture of the concrete to a glass type texture and the change the transparency so the buildings could be seen through from outside. For the outcast base a standard Vault interior would work but the lower levels where the ore are processed would look like standard sewers but with railway tracks for moving ore from one place to another. There would also be make shift living area's in the sewer like tunnels because they would offer the most protection from the harsh lunar/moon environment and in case of attack from one of the other factions. The upper Vault like area's would be businesses like Bars & Brothels, Drug Dens, Medical Offices, and Other legitimate appearing shops and business but the Black Market would be located in a secure area in the sewer tunnels.

Well for starters...this would HAVE to be a DLC sized quest. I mean its been done before with things like "Mothership Zeta Crew" in Fallout 3, and is being done in Fallout New vegas with "Project Brazil". But it would definitely need a dedicated team to do it if anyone skilled enough sees this and takes the idea.

And Personally I would go with Blazes idea, tho that doesn't mean that Chinese colonies can't be thrown out. It could be very possible that they would still have one up there even with the main storyline of the Splintered factions.

And yes Morg I was thinking the same thing. Some sort of cyberpunk slum like underground city, that would be so cool to explore. So many possibilities for quests and side quests, new weapons, new armor, new enemies. I am so excited with how this discussion is going.

Well I was just bouncing idea's around nothing I suggested is carved into the lunar surface with a high intensity laser <--( written in stone. ). Best of luck with your mod request I hope you can get it made before Fallout 4 is released or you might find allot of modders taking a hiatus from modding to play the new game and figure out the Fallout 4 G.E.C.K. to start making mods for that Game. I'll keep following this mod to see how it turns out. :mellow:

I wanted a splinter faction to have the punk feel that everyone keeps referring to.

As for set up..

I was thinking that the larger (faction made up of many miners and engineers) or more important factions (ie, the scientist "not many of, but most want them to find a solution and consider them allies). would have very clean areas on higher levels.

Here is a outline of how I envisioned the main underground base being when the bombs fell.

LVL S- The surface, used mainly by mission control and maintenance

LVL 0- Storage (this lets the living quarters be an extra level down for more shielding from radiation

LVL 1- Military and Mission Control

LVL 2- Security and Military Tunnels (safely connect separate areas and bases ,example Mission control and military may not live in the exact building that scientist do, or some scientist may be in a separate part of the moon)

LVL 3- Security and High Society

LVL 4- Science and tech

LVL 5- Middle class and maintenance

LVL 6- Maintenance tunnels

LVL 7- Mining quarters other low value jobs

LVL 8 and down- mining tunnels that connect separate areas together (same thing as maintenance tunnels, just more dangerous)

Separate area 1- Historic attraction that is near the moon landing, just a small complex

Separate area 2- Control 2, back up control and command compound. Significantly smaller than the main one

Separate area 3- Water collection facility (tries to collect water out of the thin atmosphere of the moon, or something, ran by maintenance)

Separate area 4- Easter Egg, alien observation platform. If there really was a moon base this big, they would have noticed signs of the mother-ship, and had a "spy station" monitoring it. Probably disguised as a normal telescope.

Other structure 1- Chinese complex (probably living or ghoulified enemies, I would go with surviving Russians, but it already sounds like so much work already)

Other Structure 2- Russian science outpost (smaller than the Chinese complex, probably no one left)

Other structure 3- Alien outpost (self explanatory)

Factions:

-Control: Military and Mission Control (along with many maintenance workers that have similar views) make up the "Control" a faction that is still very in touch with its old world U.S. roots. It is not the largest faction, but as by far the best and most training and firepower.

-MoonGov: A separatist movement made of most security, most maintenance workers, and high class personnel. They are well trained and well equipped, but are not near as effective as the U.S. Remnants (even if they are larger).

-Majority:The most out of all the factions, made up of defecting U.S. and Security members that are aiding the miners and a small portion of maintenance workers. They are trying to stay Neutral in the fight, as they think it has caused enough damage already.

-Outast: made up of many people that were socially outcast for a variety of reasons... These guys are tough, there are at least 2 groups of them (one that is like raiders, another that is like the underground punk society)

Here is what I think the moon would look like when you get there (going my my story of course)

S- Same

0- Storage still, but it may have some sort of critter infestation now (ghouls, radroaches, etc...)

1- Faction "Control" HQ

2- Main battle-zone between "Control" and "MoonGov"

3- Stronghold "MoonGov"

4- Still science, The only thing everyone (except Outcast Raiders) agree on is that they are the most important

5- Faction HQ "Majority"

6- Outcast society/ refugees living in the tunnels (think metro made cyber punk)

7- Mining quarters still, however many have moved to upper levels due to Outcast Raider attacks, also some raider dens.

8- Some mining operations, Many Outcast raider dens (or one big raider den)

Separate area 1- Attraction, Raider invested

Separate area 2- Control 2, MoonGov HQ (moved there to be safer from Control)

Separate area 3- Water collection facility, an area of conflict between the 2 factions

Separate area 4- alien observation platform, probably raider infested or abandon

Other structure 1- Chinese complex, ghouls or survivors

Other Structure 2- Russian science outpost probably abandoned, but good for scavenge and quest ideas

Other structure 3- Alien outpost, so we can fight some aliens on the moon duh.

Edited by blaze1514

Well I was just bouncing idea's around nothing I suggested is carved into the lunar surface with a high intensity laser <--( written in stone. ). Best of luck with your mod request I hope you can get it made before Fallout 4 is released or you might find allot of modders taking a hiatus from modding to play the new game and figure out the Fallout 4 G.E.C.K. to start making mods for that Game. I'll keep following this mod to see how it turns out. :mellow:

Oh no don't go D: You are having great ideas with this. I was just making a speculation of my own. Sorry if it sounded like I didn't want you in here.

That sounds fantastic blaze, man you really put some good work into that. I love the Factions. Tho I will say I don't think there would be rad roaches on the moon unless some asshole decided to fly them there XD

That sounds fantastic blaze, man you really put some good work into that. I love the Factions. Tho I will say I don't think there would be rad roaches on the moon unless some a**hole decided to fly them there XD

I figured the same thing, However there is moon radiation (as we all have been talking about). What if normal cockroaches that snuk up on the original ships have mutated from prolonged exposure to moon rads.