Moon base mod

Metrokiller555

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giant quest mod? On the moon?! Sign me right up!

But seriously, if anyone is gonna start working on this I'd be glad to help.

We're trying to keep the idea going, tossing in new material to see if anyone good with modding can quickly find and pick up on it. Any help is appreciated!

This is an interesting idea.

As some of you guys may know I am the project lead of the Frontier. I have been exploring ideas in incorporating some type of space play. As it will be a totally unique environment which is the goal of Frontier, to move away from the desert and the Capital Wasteland...

There are a few good craters behind the Old Nuclear Test Site just past the buildings with no doors on them, and if you look off into the distance beyond the craters the landscape features in the distance looks very moon-like. I " tfc " my way past the fence and took some screenshots but it seems I've exceeded bandwidth on my photobucket account so I can't show what I'm talking about for another month. The craters are deep and have dark shadows near the bottom and with a little work would probably make a pretty decent lunar crater.

I was thinking Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon could be one of the songs/radio signals picked up while exploring the moon. An entire song track of radio songs would need to be picked out of course and someone would need to be the voice over the radio on the moon. I think some good old fashioned swing beats and maybe some jazz in the song selection would be nice as well. Holy Foley we are going to need all new background music for the moon since you wont be hearing no gun shots on the moon because sound just doesn't travel in a vacuum or near vacuum environment of the moon.

Edited by Morgwynn

This is an interesting idea.

As some of you guys may know I am the project lead of the Frontier. I have been exploring ideas in incorporating some type of space play. As it will be a totally unique environment which is the goal of Frontier, to move away from the desert and the Capital Wasteland...

Oh wow, thats awesome. :D Well I am glad you've taken interest in our idea!

Yeah it would be nice to see this mod get made. I've ran into a snag with figuring out how to make companions in the Creation Kit, for some reason I follow the tutorials to the letter and I can get them to appear in game but their dialogue option to become a companion just doesn't show up. I've went over the tutorial with a fine tooth comb and followed every step to the letter and can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I'll bet it's some kind of novice mistake but it's got me stumped. The only thing I can think of is that I need to uninstall all the mods in my mod list and delete them and just try making mods with the unmodded FNV game. Even then I don't know if that would fix the problems with companions not wanting to become companions. Trying to mod gives me a toothache from grinding my teeth in frustration but I'm determined to figure this out. I would like to figure this out so I can start making NPC's and Companions for this mod.

I personally think a moon base mod is inevitable at one time or another, I know modders are busy with other mods and if I personally know how to make an independent world space I would, this needs to be done in my own personal opinion.