Moon base mod

Metrokiller555

I was giving transportation some thought as well and I was thinking a network of high speed subway tunnels with check points at each territorial border after all spies and saboteurs could sneak in and out through the public transit network so each check point would have allot of guards. Also the subway could act like fast travel since I think fast travel by foot should be turned off for surface travel unless as you say a moon vehicle system could be worked out. It only seems reasonable that nobody in a space suit with limited air time could walk from place to place. I was also thinking about currency and I was thinking Ice or Water are going to be a valuable resource on the moon and an I.O.U. <-( Ice Oxygen Units ) type currency would probably work the best, players trade Ice for various faction credits to buy whatever they need.

There could be land rovers on the surface that act as fast travel links, can't actually be driven but when used they ask you where you need to go and it teleports you there. And on the thing of money...wouldn't it be hard to rework and entire currency system into? Tho there is a mod that has these borderlands-esc vending machines that take old world cash in the form of the weapon crafting system...the old world money is shown as what usually would be ingredients for a crafting item, but instead it says how much old world money you need to buy this certain weapon. I thought it was really clever.

Well, if you like it try to get a hold of the mod author, he may just let us use the script for the machines. Even if it is not used (assuming this mod gets started at all) it would still be nice to have the option on the table.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a pretty wild idea! Definitely one to join in on. Anyone got a planning document with all these different ideas put in it?

Shouldn't be too hard to remodel doors into little bays holding rovers. The skybox could be absolutely wonderous, too, but it really would take a dedicated team...

Pretty awesome idea, but it'll be hell to pull off. Still, if the team's there, I could contribute. Learning scripting and companion creation, so if you need NPCs, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Thanks guys! We've all been really brainstorming ideas and If I had the right tech to do it then I would surely try to start, but for now this is all up for grabs to anyone who think they can pull it off. I'd just like to see it made.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this mod idea doesn't fall into obscurity because it's a great idea.

I've been working with the Skyrim Creation Kit making followers, merchants and other NPC's but now I'm going to try and figure out the G.E.C.K. to start making followers, merchant and NPC's for New Vegas.

I was thinking it would be kind of cool if the whole mod would be in black and white like Sky Captain and The World Of Tomorrow and Casablanca with a Sci-Fi feel of Robot and Raygun type stuff.

Friday, March 17th 2276. Journal Entry: Jasper Dixon P.I.

Today began like any other day with the feeling like this damned conflict between the Chinese will be the end of us all, but that's not going to stop me from making some money to pay the rent. We had another moonquake today, probably have another couple before the day is over. I got a holo-call from a woman wanting me to track her husbands movements, so much for trust in this damned atmosphere of suspicion. But a job is a job I suppose, so I set up a meeting with the woman at benny's cabaret my local watering hole. This dame had legs for day and a smile that could melt lead, hard to keep myself professional but I managed. I told her my standard fee plus expenses and she agreed 2500 in advance and the rest when the job is done, I couldn't peel my eyes away from her as she walked out of the cabaret. I ran her husbands name through the Lunarweb network to find out as much as I could about this fella but nothing of interest came up, just some middle management stiff working at the Lunarcorp ore processing plant in the industrial district. I staked out his work place to watch his movements like I'd been paid to do, but that's where everything started to go sideways. The guy punched out of work and got in his hover car and took off with me not far behind. I figured he would be heading home because the guy didn't look like the unfaithful type. He headed to an abandoned plant on the outskirts of the industrial district and parked in the shadows. I got out of my hover car and followed him into the abandoned plant, keeping my distance the whole time. That's when I seen him meeting with three Chinese insurgents, I couldn't hear what they were saying but I had to make a choice record the meeting and show it to the authorities or use the evidence to blackmail him for more money. My conscious won over and I reported the meeting the coppers and the guy got arrested and the insurgents got spaced out the nearest airlock, needless to say my case suddenly went cold. I never got the rest of my money from the dame but with my advance I was able to pay the rent for another month. Just another day, maybe i'll go down to benny's and get drunk it is St. Paddies Day after all.

Jasper Dixon P.I. would be a potential follower and NPC informant. Once I get the hang of making followers he is going to be one of the first I create. Too bad I couldn't give him a strong chin like Charlton Heston and a Humphey Bogart hair do and forehead.

Thursday, March 30th 2276. Journal Entry: Jasper Dixon P.I.

What's that old Earth saying " Another day another dime. " well it doesn't matter, no dimes or dollars up hear just credits and if I wanted to eat this month and pay off my tab at Benny's I was going to need a case. Turns out a friend of mine at the precinct down in the lower levels got a missing persons case that they just filed away because they didn't have the manpower for an investigation, good thing I have some spare time. I took the case because the missing person was a 12 year old girl and the parents were offering a 12,000 credit reward for the safe return of the kid. I questioned the parents about when the child went missing and it was at a dinner around lunch time, the kid went to the bathroom and never came back. I hit the streets with a holo-picture the parents gave me. I bumped into some kids who knew the girl and the only story I got from them was that she was a good kid but had been obsessed with urban legends about the baby snatching bugmen in the lower levels. I went deeper into the lower levels mostly populated by homeless people, hoodlums and drug addicts. Wasn't the first time was down this deep but this place always gave me the creeps. Most of the denizens down this deep never seen the girl and I was beginning to think this case was going to go cold until a shady fella called to me out of a darkened alley way. My skin began to crawl but I kept my cool and walked into the alley, the stranger told me he seen her being carried away by two figures heading into a condemned mining tunnel on the east side of the lower level. As I turned to head in that direction the stranger held out his hand and cleared his voice, I knew he wanted a reward for the info so gave him 100 credits and left. Hoofing it as fast as I could I made it to the tunnels in about 8 minutes. I should have brought my flashlight but forgot it in my other jacket. I entered the dark tunnel gripping my snub nose laser repeater in one hand and my zippo in the other. The tunnel was pitch black but half way in I could hear the sounds of sobbing and my heart started to beat like a swing band on a Friday night and my hair started to stand on end. I was getting closer to the sobbing sound but I could also hear clicking noises from the shadows. As I turned to face the sound of the clicking that's when I saw two 4 foot tall bugmen that jumped out at me, I wheeled around and fired off two shots into the chest of the closest one. The second one ran towards the girl who was encased in some kind of sticky goo, my snub nose missed him but spooked him enough too draw his attention back to me. The bugman was fast cleared the 20 feet between me and the girl faster than I could reload. It knocked the gun out of my hands and swept my leg out knocking me to the ground, where it crawled on top of me and stated to drip a sticky goo towards my face. I wrestled with it long enough to get my feet under it and pushed it off of me, sending it flying against a wall where it was impaled on an exposed pipe with a jagged edge. With both bugmen dead I cut the girl free from the goo and took her to home. Her parents were so happy to see her they offered my the reward but once again my conscious kicked in and I declined the reward. But I sold the bodies of the bugmen to a research firm for a tidy sum of credits that was a little less than the reward from the case but hey all is well for everyone except the bugmen. who knew urban legends could be so profitable.