Place looks like a grave yard.

kvnchrist

Actually, the Debates section on Nexus is a graveyard ...

In most topics that have a high posting you will discover that it's the same handful of people debating amongst themselves.

The crowds of debaters have long left.

Also due to site restrictions you cannot really get to the heart of some of the more pressing issues.

So let me start a list ...

Lone wolf terrorist in both the US and Canada ... no talkey, talk..

Hong Kong ... no one cares ... it's too far away from everybody.

Ebola ... no one cares ... it's not exciting enough ... maybe if people began turning into zombies then ok yeah.

Syria ... no one cares ... who do you blame, Iraq, lambast Obama, the Turks ? ... it's simply not exciting anymore.

American mid-term politics ... boring ... most Americans are simply tired of all the BS, unless you're Fox News.

Sports ... Oscar has gone to prison and we don't care ... sports stars beating their spouses *yawn*

Australian surfer kicking shark ... kick him again mate ... ok it's getting hotter.

Indian sex workers have a workshop ... what are they building ? ... nope, getting cold again.

Mexican teens missing ... ok it's getting warmer ... but no one cares.

Israel shootings ... just please stop already.

Kim Jong Un ... with a walking stick ... I like it ... stick's in the wrong place ... ok, ok it's getting warmer.

Germany debating whether or not to legalise sibling incest ... are you serioussssssss ??????????

Female fighters are Isis deadly enemies ... you know where to aim girl ... warmer now.

Ukraine ... lik-lak-lik-lak-lik-lak ... war marching over ... boring now.

The Pope on creation ... no talkey, talk.

Hilary Clinton ... c'mon honey say something stupider please.

Isis leaders sending messages on social media trying to get activists in Australia to retaliate ... my "heatomoter" is hotting up.

Alabama prisoners die of gangrene and constipation ... whattttt ???????

The world is boring right now but let's look on the bright side of things ...

I get to fire an employee ... yayyyyyy :dance:

I get to fire my boyfriend ... again, burn his clothes, dent his car and kick his ass :woot:

A ginormous massive contract is coming ... CHA-CHING :thumbsup:

I start learning another language ... :smile:

I get gold ratings on all challenges on Saints row 4 ... that's what I'm talking about !!!!

I discover I have friends in very high places setting me on the road to greater success ... :tongue:

I lose another kg ... getting hot now mama :sweat:

Hmmm time for tea ...

Just an observation.

The internet being what it is now, there is no way to have a logical discussion with reasonable people without certain elements sabotaging the topic being discussed. Look at gamergate and all of the ridiculous back and forth. It is nothing but neurotic fringe dwellers hurling insults at one another.

-We in the US are less than a week away from mid terms with serious consequences yet no one has said a thing.

No one wants to talk about that. It's too embarassing. Yes, I voted for Obama and now I am in full-fledged revolt against him and the rest of the Democrats who turned their backs on the people that got them into office. I feel betrayed. I'm working two jobs (both part time), I live in a crappy apartment, my car is a hunk of junk, I eat beans and rice and ramen noodles and take generic vitamins just to keep going. I'm buried under a mountain of debt from my student loan that I can barely make payments for and now on top of all of that I'm burdened with ACA payments for coverage I do not need. I'm living like my parents did back in the 70's when they first got married. What's sad is by the time I'm their age I'll have nothing if the economy doesn't turn around. I'm getting upset so I'm just going to stop now. But I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels like a dirty diaper.

My only consolation is I was able to reregister as a Republican for this election cycle. I didn't vote FOR Republicans, I voted against Democrats. The way I look at it, more of the same is not a solution.

And I really don't want to argue with anyone about this. Aurielius pointed something out that is tangible and I was just guessing why no one wants to talk about it.

Edited by JRRaff

Yeah, I was truly disappointed in the dems performance the last several years..... even though I normally vote dem. Not this time. Straight republican ticket. Do I think its going to do any "Good"? Nope, not really. But, I do hope it does less HARM. I really didn't care for the direction the dems were going. Of course, there are a fair few things I dislike about the repubbies as well..... just the lesser of two evils. What a drag.

It's no secret that I'm a moderate conservative ( a vanishing breed) and the mid term results were ones that I have waited for six years. However even though there was a wave that the Republicans rode into office on....BUT...a wave is not a mandate. I'm so tired when either side wins and then claims a mandate when in reality it was a case of 'throw the rascals out'. The old axiom 'it's the economy stupid' was in reality IMO the driver of this election. IF and it's a big if, the Republicans actually pass reforming legislation they might stand a prayer in 2016. What does interest me is the change in Senate rules concerning the 'nuclear option'....I was dead set against it and now that particular chicken has come home to roost. Over 200 years of parliamentary procedure overturned for short term goals, Reid and his minions are now going to be on the receiving end. If I had my druthers I would wish that the Reps would restore the founding fathers intent..though I doubt it. At least Obama is now going to be checked and legislation will actually reach the Senate floor for a vote instead of collecting dust in Reid's desk drawer. I'm moderately hopeful of a change in direction but given our permanent running class of politicians I would not bet the farm on it.

Nothing is gonna change in the USA, do you know why Aurielius? Because Republicans/Conservatives have no balls. I've noticed a pattern of them frequently allowing leftists to move them off their positions with nothing but petty slander and labels. Primatology 101: The one who throws the most dung wins. This is why the left has been winning on most fronts. I'm never gonna vote Republican again unless they start showing they got the balls to stand their ground on their positions and refuse to back down.

The Dems painted themselves into a corner by embracing only the letter of civil rights era and forgetting its spirit. Dr. King stated the following so eloquently

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

I remember the sentiment during President Obama's election and how this man was glorified for being the first black president, instead of being the man he was and still is, who happens to be black. When you embrace an icon or he imagery in your own head, you forgo reality and many times that reality is rather solid when you run blindly into it.

President Obama is just a man, amongst other men, who happened to fall into a mold that looked right and felt right to so many. He also had an image that he, like so many who voted for him, twice that he hasn't been willing or able to shack and it has lead him, the Dems and the country to the precipice we now stand upon. He has the same faith in his vision as many of those who have pushed away their dismay, still have faith in him.

What bothers me is the race card has been used so many times by those on far left that they risk being shown up as the race baiters they are, If they acknowledge the reality of what so many foresaw so long ago. This is a heavy pill to swallow and one that the Dems who have lost reelection have had to swallow, today.

We need to stop this scavenger hunt for the right image and concentrate on the individual benigth or we will go down this same path again.

Truth be known, both parties do this. The reason the Republicans ended up with Romney is because they are looking for the next Ronald Reagan instead of the next competant person to lead the country.

Nothing is gonna change in the USA, do you know why Aurielius? Because Republicans/Conservatives have no balls. I've noticed a pattern of them frequently allowing leftists to move them off their positions with nothing but petty slander and labels. Primatology 101: The one who throws the most dung wins. This is why the left has been winning on most fronts. I'm never gonna vote Republican again unless they start showing they got the balls to stand their ground on their positions and refuse to back down.

There is a lesson to be learned from the story of the little boy who cried wolf. Both parties need to understand that the fear and angst they use to obtain power might be too strong to control when they are in power.

I can't stand to look at Obama on TV or hear his voice. I feel the same way about Harry Reid and Eric Holder. My brain screams 'LIAR!!!' and I feel nauseous. I'm ashamed I was so stupid as to let Obama dupe me into believing him. The love affair is over. Funny that I feel this way. It is a replay of how I felt when my exgirl friend cheated on me. I missed the euphoria, but I couldb't stand the sight of her.

I still have high hopes though. I would like to see the Republicans push through with the Keystone Pipeline and do it responsibly. I would like to see some of the burdens of ACA reorganized or if that can't happen, defunded so I can keep some of the money I earn. I know I'm expecting too much, but at least I'm not being lied to, at least not yet. On a personal note, I'd like to see Obama humiliated by everything he's done and tried to hide. Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS and everything else. He needs to be held publicly accountable. In the mean time, I would like for him to STFU. YES, I'm bitter.

The reps now have a check on Obama, to a degree, but, that's all they have. They aren't going to be able to pass any legislation on their own, nor will they be able to override a veto. He can still exercise his "executive power", and get some stuff done. Now, whether that is stuff we actually WANT to see done, is another matter entirely. I really don't quite get why the politicians are all saying "immigration reform is good", (basically, amnesty) when 80% of the country DOESN'T WANT IT. Whatever happened to 'the will of the people'? I suspect the answer to that is, the people have come to the conclusion that they just don't matter any more, so, they may piss and moan about it, but, they won't ever actually DO anything.