Place looks like a grave yard.

kvnchrist

The one thing that is so overwhelmingly obvious to me is the inability or unwillingness of the rank and file of any political persuasion to police up those who on it's radical fringe. It seems the tail is wagging the dog at this point in time and it is always the actions of these radicals that are used by the opposition as examples of who the opposition truly are.

What we allow to happen in our name, we own just as surly as if we had perpetrated the deed ourselves.

We've allowed the words of those we place above us to drive us apart and we did so willing, just to be apart of something we think is greater than us.

If the world has turned against the Dems and President Obama repeats the same actions that have lead his party to the situation of loosing all that they have lost, is the president really there for the sake of his party or himself and damn everybody else? Where is loyalty here?

Just an observation.

I spent about two hours today looking at your posts and those associated with them and I think I have an answer.

At one time (2012) there was a core group of Liberal leaning people who dominated the debate threads. As much as I hate to say this (being a Liberal myself), they engaged in some shifty tactics that resulted in the internet take-down mentality. Even worse, in a few instances the staff here sided with them. Not only did this core group attack Conservatives, they also attacked other Liberals, or anyone who didn't agree with them. The people this core targeted left and took the debate spirit with them. Then this core faded away but the damage had already been done.

This is all just my opinion, but I did my research and that is my conclusion.

Edited by JRRaff

Just an observation.

I spent about two hours today looking at your posts and those associated with them and I think I have an answer.

At one time (2012) there was a core group of Liberal leaning people who dominated the debate threads. As much as I hate to say this (being a Liberal myself), they engaged in some shifty tactics that resulted in the internet take-down mentality. Even worse, in a few instances the staff here sided with them. Not only did this core group attack Conservatives, they also attacked other Liberals, or anyone who didn't agree with them. The people this core targeted left and took the debate spirit with them. Then this core faded away but the damage had already been done.

This is all just my opinion, but I did my research and that is my conclusion.

Thank you for this, but I don't beleve these people are liberals or conservatives. They are ideologues who can't stand the idea of others discussing what they themselves have determined is above the scrutiny of others. It is this attitude that feeds their anger because they deem themselves so much more a liberal or conservative than anyone else. Just bringing up topics that they have determined should be put to rest irritates the hell out of them.

They are not here to debate, but to tell the rest of us how stupid we are for for bringing anything up at all.

Actually, I remember in February one such poster who had started numerous left-leaning threads got a 60-day ban on the forums for her actions in the debates section. She hasn't been back since.

Actually, I remember in February one such poster who had started numerous left-leaning threads got a 60-day ban on the forums for her actions in the debates section. She hasn't been back since.

I think you are talking about Colourwheel. Yeah, she had a way about setting up a debate by stacking the deck. I talked with her extensively over the pm system . I think she let her passion get out of hand. As far as the staff here, they have opinions, as we all do, but I've not seen them play favorites, which is the hallmark of a perjudice forum.

Believe me, I have walked away from many a forum that caters to the fringe and hve lost touch with many an interesting person along the way.

but I've not seen them play favorites, which is the hallmark of a perjudice forum

Erm, what are you saying here? The staff don't play favorites here, that strikes me as the hallmark of an open forum. One where you can express your views, without fear of the local powers coming down on you, because their views are different.

but I've not seen them play favorites, which is the hallmark of a perjudice forum

Erm, what are you saying here? The staff don't play favorites here, that strikes me as the hallmark of an open forum. One where you can express your views, without fear of the local powers coming down on you, because their views are different.

I wrote that wrong. I should have said that, I have not seen them play favorites, which to play favorites is the hallmark of prejudice forums. Thank you for bring that to my attention. Sometimes I try for brevity and get uncertainty instead.

Just to clarify, I didn't say the staff here 'plays favorites'. I said "in a few instances the staff here sided with them". And that is exactly what happened. The way I perceived the two discussions I looked at, the implication was the staff member's opinion gave one side of the argument more weight. That made the core group I referred to bolder and eventually the debate thread was closed. That's what happened and that's what I was referencing when I typed "in a few instances the staff here sided with them".

I wrote that wrong. I should have said that, I have not seen them play favorites, which to play favorites is the hallmark of prejudice forums. Thank you for bring that to my attention. Sometimes I try for brevity and get uncertainty instead.

I kinda figgered it was something like that. Lord knows I NEVER mistype........ :D

Just to clarify, I didn't say the staff here 'plays favorites'. I said "in a few instances the staff here sided with them". And that is exactly what happened. The way I perceived the two discussions I looked at, the implication was the staff member's opinion gave one side of the argument more weight. That made the core group I referred to bolder and eventually the debate thread was closed. That's what happened and that's what I was referencing when I typed "in a few instances the staff here sided with them".

If the staff posts expressing an opinion in here, they are NOT posting in an 'official' manner. Some of them occasionally like to play in here too. :D