Place looks like a grave yard.

kvnchrist

If the staff posts expressing an opinion in here, they are NOT posting in an 'official' manner. Some of them occasionally like to play in here too. :D

Talk about a buzz kill. If a moderator started arguing a point with me I'd be like "Okay buddy! You got this one. :thumbsup: "

If the staff posts expressing an opinion in here, they are NOT posting in an 'official' manner. Some of them occasionally like to play in here too. :D

Talk about a buzz kill. If a moderator started arguing a point with me I'd be like "Okay buddy! You got this one. :thumbsup: "

People are people man. Everyone deserves love, dignity and honor until they prove themselves not to be. Those three combined are my definition of respect. The staff here are just as human as you are and we all log in to the same forum.

I don't speak for this forum, but I've been admin and staff on several boards and this is what I've noticed almost universally. Staff members are chosen primarily to spread the spirit the admins have set for the board. It's that spirit that keeps people coming back to the forums which they are most comfortable in. Everybody has their own take on reality and the staff members aren't immune to this and I desire to hear from them just as much as hearing from others. Please don't be intimidated by a person who has been designated the authorized representative of the board in a board that you are comfortable in because in reality they are the board. How a staff acts defines the difference between a badge and a badge of honor. From all that I've seen here the badges these people wear are badges of honor

It's no secret that I'm a moderate conservative ( a vanishing breed) and the mid term results were ones that I have waited for six years. However even though there was a wave that the Republicans rode into office on....BUT...a wave is not a mandate. I'm so tired when either side wins and then claims a mandate when in reality it was a case of 'throw the rascals out'. The old axiom 'it's the economy stupid' was in reality IMO the driver of this election. IF and it's a big if, the Republicans actually pass reforming legislation they might stand a prayer in 2016. What does interest me is the change in Senate rules concerning the 'nuclear option'....I was dead set against it and now that particular chicken has come home to roost. Over 200 years of parliamentary procedure overturned for short term goals, Reid and his minions are now going to be on the receiving end. If I had my druthers I would wish that the Reps would restore the founding fathers intent..though I doubt it. At least Obama is now going to be checked and legislation will actually reach the Senate floor for a vote instead of collecting dust in Reid's desk drawer. I'm moderately hopeful of a change in direction but given our permanent running class of politicians I would not bet the farm on it.

Well stated (though I disagree with the 'moderate conservative vanishing' take, I believe the the moderate conservatives are actually increasing in number).

As far as Reids "nuke option" goes....I think the republicans will restore it to it's original intent.....they may take advantage of it for a while before doing so.

Harry Reid has been Obama's protector since his (Obama's) reign began, It will definitely be interesting to see just how many of the 300+ bill that Ried buried will actually be put to vote with the new senate majority. Remember, on jobs bills alone. Reid has buried 40 or so bills that passed the house with bi-partisan support. Now, Obama has to commit, one way or the other....

At least it will reveal that the moniker of "the party of no" that has been hung on the republicans will be exposed as utter nonsense, Just like the "war on woman" nonsense that has basically blown up in the dems face. The whole 'Republicans anti - everything that is not a white Cristian male" crap has grown old with the public, There is no logical evidence to support it and the dems have overplayed that hand.

The song will remain the same as long as the citizins of this country allow themselves to be carralled into small minded self interested group who depend on self absorbed politicains to dictate what they think and need.

Question is would there have been so much drama if President Obama wasn't hyped by the media to be so much for so many? I still remember the roar that cme from the press about this metoric person who was placed on a pedistal by a fawning public and sent out to be something far greater than the man he was. Did the protection that Herry reed place around President Obama go all the way to the Whitehouse and those around him insolated him from the rest of the world like Michel Jacksons yes men.

Did the fear of racism damage what was may have otherwise been a watershed moment in American history by misslabelling the intent of the opposition?

Obama had the Nobel Peace prize before he had even been in office six months.... Personally, I thought that was stupid, and greatly reduced the value of said prize.

I don't expect anything to change. At least, not from within. Americans have become far to divided (right down party lines) to ever come back together on just about any topic. The whole "my party is right, and the rest of you are morons" mindset has a firm grasp, and isn't likely to let go any time soon. It is going to take a fairly significant event, that is either a consequence of our current 'direction', for anything to change at all. Unfortunately, when that happens, I suspect it is going to be a disaster of epic proportions.....

I think that the fringes will remain in motion, moving at odds against eachother and the wack jobs on either side will feed the oppositions cat calls. The media will exploit anything they can to increase their popularity and the middle is where th remainder of either side will ultimately end up. I'd lay good money that the political parties will go through a metamorphisis in the comming years and in time they too will end up right where they were today.

We, as a country love the shinny and the new. we like the steak to sizzle so much we forget about checking its quality until we've already ingested it and by then it's too late.