Anyone else NOT* completed Skyrim?

Goredoth

I pre-ordered Skyrim and I have played it since day one I have hundreds of hours dumped in this game and yet, I still have not even completed the main civil war questline.

I am addicted to modding I modded the game pretty much day one and since then I have corrupted the game and or ruined it in other ways (Overpower, modded til broken and various other problems) the result of this is I have done the same quests over and over and now I just get bored. I can't play without modding anymore as well I just want to complete the game!

Anyone else in the same boat as me? It's just really frustrating and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice to get me through the game.

Well, I've finished a number of quests on vanilla Skyrim, except for all the Dragon Priest masks and the College of Winterhold questline. I have the DLCs, but I have yet to actually visit Solstheim and haven't finished the Dawnguard quest yet, mostly due to modding and not being content and always restarting lol. But I have decided to stop modding, well to keep my current build anyway, and just do the quests. LOL.

Narrow it (your mod choices) down greatly, then use a utility to 'bash/merge' so they'll play nicely together.

Be very choosy, pick what changes/improves the game on a LARGE scale + FITTING

Can go something like this :

Texture Mods :
* Landscape (ground, water, sky)

* Clutter (movable objects)
* Buildings/Static (tables, walls, ect)
* Weapons (something like Millenia's mod)
* Armors (perhaps Cabal's mod)

* NPC (skin/races)

* UI/Map (SkyUI ofc, and there's a mod adds roads an detail to your map)

= no more than A DOZEN in total! (moderate chance to conflict, unless you strictly go with diff categories)

Meshes :

* Static Mesh Improvement

* Foliage (Vurts does this)

* MISC (maybe traps, gems, statues, ect)

= no more than FOUR (moderate chance to conflict)

+Weapons :

* Lore fitting (things like Dragon Bone weapons, and the new Dwemer ones, ect)

= small no zero chance to conflict, use up to FIVE safely

+Armor

* Lore fitting (Something that fits in with Skyrim, doesn't actively detract you from 'Skyrim', just like some weapons)

= small no zero chance to conflict, use up to FIVE safely

Gameplay :

* Something to improve/add Enchantments

* Something to improve/add to your Perk/Skill tree

* Something to improve/add Spells

* Something to improve/add Shouts

* Dragon difficulty(?) (because regular ones are a joke...)

* NPC difficulty/weapon balance (if you want more realism and/or challenge)

* MISC

= since these are the MOST LIKELY to conflict, use no more than THREE to FOUR tops!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do this, and almost every aspect of the game will be altered in a good way, yet you'll still be using LESS THAN THREE DOZEN mods, all of which will be quite easy to get them to work without conflicts or CTD!

I hate questing. I have done many of the Skyrim quests many times over and started the main quest once. I must have gone about half way through it before getting board. Like you I've had the game since 11-11-11. But the thing that keeps me in Bethesda games (I'm playing New Vegas now, never finished it, either) is the freedom to just go out and explore to your heart's content. My favourite playthough was in Oblivion (Finished the Main Quest three times) where I followed the adventures of two girlfriends (BFF's) who started a bounty hunting service after leaving school. Sharing their friendship and their so many adventures together is my proverbial game high score. This is what I keep coming back for.

Rabbit

Edited by Rabbit 51

I'm also a heavy modder, but I make sure the game is balanced -- no light sabers or techno blasters ^_^

I'll put spoiler tags below, no real spoilers but just in case!

I usually do the "main quest line" up to the point where graybeards teach you how to absorb shouts and use dragon souls and then I do whatever I want ^_^

Dragon Souls usually go to perks (5 souls -> 1 perk) and right now I'm playing Helgen Reborn.

I have yet to finish the main story line; I have done the civil war on one character and will possibly do it again on the one I'm playing on currently (I always pick the storm-cloaks, they have cooler uniforms ^_^ )

Maybe I will pick up the main quest line sometime just to get the steam achievements, but really recently I started to take being a vampire "seriously" and apparently the sun won't hurt me if I do the dawnguard line and get both the dragon and vampire elder scrolls (Basically do all of Vanilla main quests and possibly all the main if not most the main dawnguard quests)

Teaching these nooblords how to fight is fun at the moment, but maybe I'll do the civil war next ( Just to get the whole concept over with ) -- or just go find random dungeons, caves, dragons, and train new trees ( Have a ton of trees that I never use and could quickly level for fast perks :p )

Or maybe I'll find a new awesome story-line after Helgen Reborn and play that instead! Who knows!

Across all my various characters over the last three years, I estimate I've completed about 99% of the game's original content; but I don't feel I've ever "completed" the game in a single go. I'm determined that this time around I'm going to complete at the very least the main quest, the DLCs, the civil war, at least one other faction, and collect all the Dragon Priest Masks and learn all 81 words of power.