Wow...Did you guys see this video?

Illiad86

I don't play EVE...but my boyfriend is watching this video. Some crazy battle. Like 20 huge battleships are fighting this huge ship. Wow...any of you that play this should watch this :

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/top-10-pwned-videos/2

What is this? Some crazy boss? lol #1 on the Top Ten Pwange list

Wow...that was nuts...

That was an awesome vid. I used to play EVE, got a char from 2008, was aiming to get a Ragnarok , but that was a pipedream and I stopped playing a couple months ago...

I don't play EVE...but my boyfriend is watching this video. Some crazy battle. Like 20 huge battleships are fighting this huge ship. Wow...any of you that play this should watch this :

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/top-10-pwned-videos/2

What is this? Some crazy boss? lol #1 on the Top Ten Pwange list

Wow...that was nuts...

Dude. Heh Illiad, Thats a hell of a video. if you havent checked that link out guys, watch all of those vids, they're frickin hilarious, epecialy the one about the camper who's spouting abuse till he gets wiped out in three clicks, and the original Leeroy Jenkins "a rough go" vid.

Just to make it clear, that main ship isnt a boss, it belongs to a player. its called a Avatar, and it's one of the most powerful ships in the game. It takes many people a whole year to make one, so when someone finaly pwns said avatar, thats more pwnage than one could ever possibly hope to outdo. A worthy #1.

wow nice :D Those dudes are hella rich now aren't they? haha very nice :D Dude whoever owns that ship is probably pretty angry now lol.

Yeah...I have always heard about Leeroy Jenkins lol never knew what it was all about...finally watched on there and almost peed myself laughing. That crazy 200+ combo too lol whoever did that is way too good with a controller :P

wow nice :D Those dudes are hella rich now aren't they? haha very nice :D Dude whoever owns that ship is probably pretty angry now lol.

Yeah...I have always heard about Leeroy Jenkins lol never knew what it was all about...finally watched on there and almost peed myself laughing. That crazy 200+ combo too lol whoever did that is way too good with a controller :P

Yes, probably punched himself afterwoulds. If you've never played EVE then you honestly have no idea just what a monumental financial loss, and loss of prestige that is. That ship is worth more than some whole star systems. Losing it? you'd be lucky if you could get a corp afterwoulds. Right now only one ship is more expensive, the two-ever-built Raven State Issue. Only by losing that could you appear to be a worse sort of clod than the guy who lost the Avatar.

SHIP: Several billion dollars.

Weapons: hundreds and hundreds of millions.

Ammunition: millions upon millions of dollars.

Fighter craft: multi millions of dollars.

On Board System Upgrades(items) : Untold hundreds of millions.

Rigs: Tens of millions.

Cargo: potentialy hundreds of millions.

Total: enough to bankrupt or severely weaken even the largest Corp(guild)

I think you are exaggerating somewhat :)

Titan losses are not that rare, and most corps/alliances will recover swiftly from one. It's a bit of a stunning blow if your corp or alliance loses one, and indeed some titan pilots have been known to 'ragequit' for a while after a loss (but often that is because the pilots felt that their titan loss was due to faulty game mechanics. For instance, on one occasion the old area-of-effect titan doomsday did not work correctly and so did not clear all tackle off the titan as it should have done), but most just get on with it, and work on replacing it.

For those who kill it, it's of course a huge morale boost - and the announcement 'TITAN TACKLED!!!' is a guaranteed way to get people into fleet. :D

Mineral cost for a titan is in the area of 40 bil - not all that much for a moderately wealthy 0.0 corp, and there are plenty of people in game who can easily fund one privately.

Build time, as I recall, is around 6-8 weeks for the titan itself, plus the time it takes to build the components (which depends mainly on how many blueprint sets you have available to build from).

The logistics effort to build a titan is quite colossal. Freighter loads of minerals need to be bought (unless you have a huge mining capacity in 0.0), compressed (usually by building mods which have the best volume/mineral requirements) and moved to 0.0. The mods used for transporting the minerals then have to be reprocessed, and the minerals moved to a build site for building the components. Once completed, freighterload after freighterload of components has to be moved to the capital ship assembly array. These arrays can only be deployed in a system where your alliance has sovereignty, and where the supercap production facility upgrade has been installed.

Then, of course, the POS with the CSAA has to be defended against attackers, and CSAA POSs are a prime target during conflicts. When BoB was 'Haargothed' one of my first tasks as scout was to find their capital shipyards.

My previous corp built a titan last year. We raised money from corp members (which was paid back with interest after completion), then commenced the logistics and building tasks. IIRC we had 6 people (plus alts) working on the logistics and build tasks.

The titan was successfully launched (well, it did go flying out of the POS shields, and the pilot had to go retrieve it from about 200km off :laugh: ) and is still in game :)

Haven't managed to get on a titan kill yet, though :(

the 8 year old who was trash talking i nthe starcraft one was great, but the wow funeral one was F-ed up.

That "More bubbles! More bubbles!" quote sounds like "More DoTS!" from WoW. Cool.

Is that ship even fighting back? I didn't see anything coming from it. What does More Bubbles mean? Who's controlling the huge ship?

OK:

In EVE you can warp away when sho at. BUT! you can also deploy a sphere of energy commonly called a "bubble" which prevents that. "more bubbles" basicaly means "get more interdictors, it's getting away!"

The commander of the big ship is probably that given corp's longest serving member. It takes a hell of a long time to get all the skill ups required to fly one of those mothers.

And I dont know WHY it isnt firing back. You can deploy jamming that prevents an enemy ship from firing, but you've got to get the right jamming for that ship or it wont work, and I had THOUGHT that Titan class warship were immune to that due to size and sensor power.