Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

In response to post #26211499.

MindlessMushroom wrote: If I try to run MGEgui.exe, it just crashes right away ("MGEgui has stopped working." It's destcription is just "stopped working".). :/
I have DX9c and VC 2005 Redistributable (x86), the files are in Program files > steam > steamapps > common >morrowind folder. I also have also disabled steam overlay for morrowind.
I am unable to launch morrowind after I added the files. (It just wont launch. It dosen't show any message or anything.)
I'm using Windows 7 32-bit and I have a steam version of the game.
Mod version is 3.8.0 manual. Is that wrong version?
Plz halp. :(

Try Hrnchamd's MGE XE. It's still being developed and (assuming you get it working) you'll be impressed.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ok im a little confused here i will try and explain as best i can...

ok so i got the file, opened it will winzip, (shows all the texture files and so on) but i dont know how to actually add to the game, it says "MGE must be insalled to the morrowind directory" which im not exactly sure how to go about

im kinda new to this kinda stuff only started getting mods a few days ago... if it helps i have and know how to use the TESconstruction (not well but learning quick) and im on windows XP and i have WinZip if you need to know anything else just ask

In response to post #26475379.

LUCIFERinHIDING wrote: ok im a little confused here i will try and explain as best i can...

ok so i got the file, opened it will winzip, (shows all the texture files and so on) but i dont know how to actually add to the game, it says "MGE must be insalled to the morrowind directory" which im not exactly sure how to go about

im kinda new to this kinda stuff only started getting mods a few days ago... if it helps i have and know how to use the TESconstruction (not well but learning quick) and im on windows XP and i have WinZip if you need to know anything else just ask

You can use Nexus Mod Manager for this. If you don't know much about it, that would be the best option. In any case, the Morrowind directory is just the morrowind folder itself :d. Just go to the drive where you have steam, find steamapps, find Morrowind. Just put the files there.

• 5 weeks later...
In response to post #25577504. #25951714 is also a reply to the same post.

Tigersong wrote: The Morrowind Graphics Extender doesn't have screenshots? That's weird.
Elricwolf wrote: Click on "Images" tab, then look to the right-hand side of the big colored bar labeled "Images" and click on the tab that says "from users" --> and profit.

and... you're welcome. :)

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so I'm attempting to run the installer as my NMM won't let me use the Download (NMM) button and I'm attempting to set the directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind where the Morrowind.exe is located and for some reason it keeps saying it must be installed into the Morrowind directory.

Edit: Found the solution. For some reason when I clicked on the directory the installer would make the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\New folder as if it was trying to create a new folder to install the mod into instead of where I had clicked on. Wierd. Just typed the address manually and it worked.

Edited by ArchangelSarielz