Halo Reach

LHammonds

I was once a terrifyingly good sniper, I'll be creating a replacement Xbox live acount and heading online in this soon myself, if anyone wants to know fear....

Im also good at driving and shooting, and while Im of medium usefulness against players, Im very effecttive against anything computerised.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your disk got scratched the Xbox? Ouch. Happened to my Halo 3; at least the Gamestop I was at replaced it free.

I recommend keeping your Xbox 360 horizontal on a flat surface, preferably one with some gaps here and there like some tables have so the heat doesn't build up. The disks get scratched when the box tries to run games diagonally...from my experience, anyway. If your system is vertically oriented and you decide to pull a smooth move...you can kiss your disk goodbye.

Yeah, well I didn't do the scratchin'. Some stupid guy who was at my house threw the xbox to the ground, and the disc was in it too, I got quite pissed at him, and told him he better compensate me or I'd sue him. So it's always on a flat surface, the reason why it got scratched, well, blame it on the idiot who ruined my copy for me. Although I still kinda hold a grudge against him. >:(

Not saying his name though, for obvious reasons, but it was his fault for flipping out at nothing the night ago when all I was doing is having a conversation than him, then he spazzed out and at least he's lucky he didn't destroy my xbox, or he'd be in for some real trouble.

Yeah, well I didn't do the scratchin'. Some stupid guy who was at my house threw the xbox to the ground, and the disc was in it too, I got quite pissed at him, and told him he better compensate me or I'd sue him. So it's always on a flat surface, the reason why it got scratched, well, blame it on the idiot who ruined my copy for me. Although I still kinda hold a grudge against him. >:(

Not saying his name though, for obvious reasons, but it was his fault for flipping out at nothing the night ago when all I was doing is having a conversation than him, then he spazzed out and at least he's lucky he didn't destroy my xbox, or he'd be in for some real trouble.

Geez, yikes. Some people have some anger management issues. Sorry to hear that. I'd pretty pissed off too if someone did that to me.

I was once a terrifyingly good sniper, I'll be creating a replacement Xbox live acount and heading online in this soon myself, if anyone wants to know fear....

I only fear players like those on the MLG circuit. Like the ones that can no scope you on Halo 3 Narrows's lift from top-mid on reaction. If you are one of those people, then I bow down to you. :sweat:

Well most people hated me for no-scoping them while they went up grav-lifts or charged at me.

It's been about 3 years since I played a console FPS and I know that my time one PC will have erased that skill, but though now rookiefied, I was once the terror of any map with corridors and SR1's.

When some *censored* with a sword or hammer is running straight at you without even trying to evade, you do NEED a scope to headshot him. You wouldnt believe the number of times I was called a cheater. Most people seemed to think that just holding the sword made you invincible-it didnt, it was actualy kinda weak.

My favorite weapon of all however was the particle beam rifle. It almost never features, but I preffered it to the sniper rifle for it's higher rate of fire and softer recoil. The other thing was I was smart enough to do that thing that most proper game snipers do: aim for the chest, not the head.

Because for us mortals, aiming at the head takes time. Now, those MLG guys can score headshots on a madly evading target, I cant, but I can almost always score body shots. And two body shots are lethal. Hence the PBR, it fires very very rapidly in semi auto, so it's ideal for doubleshotting from far away. Fire control is important too, people who cant see you wont see you until you fire. And that huge vapor trail will give you away. SO thus it's wise to only fire when you know you'll hit. I often gave up kills due to this, but lived much longer because of it.

It also caused fear at loathing, the distinctive rapid PEWPEW! that signaled someone's demise was what I meant by fear, I never got sick of seeing how people flinched when they heard "PEWPEW! AARRGH!"

Second complaint about the credit system: I ran into an "offline credit cap," even while playing splitscreen firefight, and am also now frozen in place at Corporal. Apparently that cap does not apply to anyone but the player who also owns the console; my partner in crime made Sgt. and is still climbing. Switching player positions so that he was the host of the game didn't change anything; he still accrued credits and rank while I got nothing at all. Seems to be a very poorly implemented system... and I'm a little puzzled as to why there's an offline cap at all, especially if the only person it will affect is the one who actually bought the game, and not... oh, anybody else who plays on the console? What a silly restriction. :rolleyes:

So, anyone had any fun with Forge yet?

Or have you, like me, mostly used it to drop tanks on people? I love the way you can geomerge automaticaly now, it took me a while to learn that trick in '3 and it almost always led to annoying thumps, clatters, and in one situation, a Brute Shot falling through the floor and landing amidst the red's starting area with unfortunate consequences for the blues.

So far I also absolutely love Forge World, so far my only published map has been my crazy Air Battle. It's a bunch of flying platforms, and is designed for team slayer/ctf/assault/anything with teams and fixed bases.

Anyway I love the idea of it, both teams have a citadel, complete with emplaced mortar turrets(Wraiths I've barricaded in), AA, and a rapid respawning contingent of Banshees and Hornets. It's damn good fun, especialy since it's got a 'Sp'lazer in the middle if you've got the guts to run for it, but it's totaly exposed.

You've got to fly to the enemy base, or race the long way on a Warthog, other than that it's basicaly interconnected bridges with lots of flanking routes. But it's great fun since it's very tactical. An un coordinated team will be massacred, since you'll need to crew the defences as a unit and move as a unit to hold off attacks, while also leaving enough free soldiers to attack.

Oh, and I also published an insane game type called Bloody Hell, everyone gets swords, invisibility, superspeed, no motion trackers, no powerups, no powers, and its in the dark. Psychotic? yessir, very. Funny as hell? yes, VERY, VERY, VERY funny,

People can check out my Halo 3 fileshare which has 6 maps. (Not paying for Bungie Pro.) GT: TheAliasTheory Each has taken a lot of work...drawn out and thought out to a certain extent. They are all standard Slayer maps that have been somewhat tested. Never got enough people to really do some research.

I don't have LIVE. And haven't touched my xbox in a while now. So no uploadin' for me...yet.

So, anyone had any fun with Forge yet?

Or have you, like me, mostly used it to drop tanks on people? I love the way you can geomerge automaticaly now, it took me a while to learn that trick in '3 and it almost always led to annoying thumps, clatters, and in one situation, a Brute Shot falling through the floor and landing amidst the red's starting area with unfortunate consequences for the blues.

So far I also absolutely love Forge World, so far my only published map has been my crazy Air Battle. It's a bunch of flying platforms, and is designed for team slayer/ctf/assault/anything with teams and fixed bases.

Anyway I love the idea of it, both teams have a citadel, complete with emplaced mortar turrets(Wraiths I've barricaded in), AA, and a rapid respawning contingent of Banshees and Hornets. It's damn good fun, especialy since it's got a 'Sp'lazer in the middle if you've got the guts to run for it, but it's totaly exposed.

You've got to fly to the enemy base, or race the long way on a Warthog, other than that it's basicaly interconnected bridges with lots of flanking routes. But it's great fun since it's very tactical. An un coordinated team will be massacred, since you'll need to crew the defences as a unit and move as a unit to hold off attacks, while also leaving enough free soldiers to attack.

Oh, and I also published an insane game type called Bloody Hell, everyone gets swords, invisibility, superspeed, no motion trackers, no powerups, no powers, and its in the dark. Psychotic? yessir, very. Funny as hell? yes, VERY, VERY, VERY funny,

Yeah, I've been doing a _lot_ of forge. I was good with Halo 3s forge, and Reach's makes it a whole load easier. So far, I've created Mongooses (Mongeese, plural of mongoose?) race maps and a few proper maps.

My favourite thing in forge is base building/defending. You build a base, and take it in turns to attack and defend. One of the last games of it led to the discovery of a funny glitch. We put a teleporter that allows vehicles through in the middle of a tree and a rock. When you drive a Revenant or a Ghost through it, using boost, you fly miles up into the air, and eventually level out. This creates some hilarious "Revenant Air Assault" moments.

So, yeah. Forge is good.

Well I got my copy replaced yesterday, bought it off from 50 bucks from some dude who was selling it, and I'd say the forge is quite impressive. I made my very own base on forge world. It's my first base, so don't expect anything too fancy. Even though it's fairly big, I'd say that much. I might even try to make a UNSC frigate, or maybe a covy ship. Only thing I'm focusing on now is credits.