Halo Reach

LHammonds

I had a hard time choosing between Halo: Reach and Black Ops, and in the end I chose Halo: Reach, and I sure am glad I did. This game is awesome, it's so versatile that it feels like there's always something I can do. I've played it for a week now, and I still haven't tried all of the MP modes or Forge.

The campaign was excellent, better than in Halo:CE or Halo 3 (I haven't played Halo 2). The story felt more personal than in the previous games, because I got to play as my own spartan. The story was also easier to understand and it was nicely merged into the previous games, there were no holes in the plot or stuff like that. I also skipped ODST, so I had never tried Firefight before, and I have to say that it's awesome. I played 20 rounds of it before even looking at all the other modes.

The credit -and enhanced customization system are also really nice improvements, but what I like the most is what they did to long range weapons. I never liked Carbines, because they always felt a bit underpowered. BRs were ok, but DMRs are so much cooler! Team SWAT is much more fun with them than how it was in Halo 3. The armor abillities are also nice, but I tend to only use sprint. Others that I use are armor lock, which I only use in Big Team Battles, because of all the vehicles, and the jet pack. I only use jet packs in FF Rocketfights, though.

But even though the game is awesome in general, there are still some features I don't like. Bungie's attitude towards quitting, for instance. Could someone explain me what's wrong in quitting? I'm not a ragequitter, if that's what Bungie's after. I aim to finish my matches, even if it's not going so well, but what if I really have to leave? I get a punishment for having to quit, even if I didn't want to. I know that if too many people leave, the teams (if a team based game) become unbalanced, I've experienced that, but why not make that hop in/out thing like in Call of Duty? In Firefight I often get a bad connection and the game becomes completely unplayable. Do they expect me to play the whole 30 minutes? I would seriously want to know the reason behind this quitting thing.

There was something else I didn't like, but can't recall what it was. Anyways, awesome game Bungie, might be my favorite XBOX360 game so far. It's a shame this was the last one though, as I was introduced to the Halo series a bit late. I hope they'll make more awesome games like this in the future.

Edited by Amoramor

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only the last Bungie game.

Microsoft holds the licence, so I expect they'll keep churning out Halo's till the moon melts.

We'll still probably get a few more good ones out of MS, but I expect by 2012 we'll be into the Halo: Mother's day/Halo: Christmas special/Halo: Chief goes on holiday/Halo: random boring garbage that makes no plot sense whatsoever.

I do however suggest that if you find the spare cash, grab Black Ops too, only fools think it's impossible to have one or the other, I've got both and think they're both as good as eachother.

They have diferent strengths, Halo is funnier, has awesome random hilarity in almost every MP game, and very siomple, easy to understand rules. COD BA is more tactical, more tense, and a bit more complex, it lacks the hilarity but replaces it with moments that leave you feeling like an action hero. Get em both if you can, you'll feel like the queen/king of gaming.

As expected from Microsoft. They just have to pump all the money out of anything they get their hands on.

Xbox360 is a good example, you can't basically do anything for free with it.

I still hope it won't happen.

As for the Call of Duty versus Halo matter, I agree with you. I've always liked both games, but I prefer Halo, mostly because the amount of skill COD requires. COD4 was one of my first games for the 360 and I played it a lot, but I never even got to prestige mode. It was fun for a while, but eventually the fact that I sucked made me lose interest in it. Halo is more about teamwork.

Anyways, I'll always stay neutral on this one. Both games have their pros and cons, just like Xbox360 and PS3.

Edited by Amoramor

I always thought that the Halo series was overrated I mean I decided to play Halo 2, it's alright but I would have expected the graphics to have improved compared to the first one.