Halo Reach

LHammonds

Has anybody else had thiss occur?

During my first week of play, I have not had a working Xbox Live account.

Once I re activated that, I lost every single bit of progress I had-and was asked to buy it back.

Since then, my account has been fully active and online, payed and verified.

But today, I logged in to find that my progress had "accidently" been deleted and I was asked to buy it back again.

This is blatant corruption, but that is beside the point, has this happened to anyone else?

Anyway, Im not going to play their game, figuratively or physicaly. These corrupt scum can all go to hell-Im not going to periodicaly pay a huge sum(the current demanded payment is $171 USD) play a game I already payed a lot for.

This pathetic lump of trash can go join the rest of it's kind, Halo Reach has today been thrown out the window.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's my Reach account, and it's been reset for free.

When something goes wrong I try to fix it myself.

When that doesnt work I phone customer service for help.

If customer service isnt helpful, I make myself feel better by shouting at them.

In my experience, customer service lines are usualy given to abnoxious teenagers, I was called a retard by the man on the phone when I called Gearbox software over corrupted DLC.

But the woman on the phone when I called to say that my Xbox Live account had randomly asked me to buy my own stuff back, was about as good a customer service person as I've ever seen. She listened, took notes, and then did... something, I'm really not sure what, to my Live account-witchcraft happened and suddenly it all works fine.

It DID cost me $20 for the phone call, but atleast I'm back online.

In my experience, customer service lines are usualy given to abnoxious teenagers, I was called a retard by the man on the phone when I called Gearbox software over corrupted DLC.

Man. Life sure seems to suck for you...every single time I have to call customer service for anything, I always get nice people. Even when some company like Dell forwards me off to some person in India. My old laptop broke down around 5 times so yep...lots of phone calls. I was thinking, "Hey, do you want me to use an old box too? 'Cause I have like four of 'em right now." But pleasant, knowledgeable people. All the time.

So...out the window, huh? I suppose you jumped into your hedge or something to fetch your game disk now.

Actualy I didnt bother.

You ever tried Invasion?

Some of the map design is simply horrible.

Take Boneyard for example-the defensive team spawns high up on a platform with an unlimited supply of lasers, DMRs, and sniper rifles. The offensive teams spawns in a carpark below the defensive zone with absolutely no cover and no long range weapons. Not impressive.

Because unless offense has a certain ultra badass ninja among them(me) who can sneak invisible across the carpark, hide, and spawnhost the poor fellows their way to safety, it quickly becomes unwinnable, resulting in a tie, since when the teams swap over, the same thing happens to the other team.

And the other problem is the exploits. You get bad players in all games, console and PC, but when almost every game you see people shooting it out through walls, you know you've got a MASSIVe cheat infestation.

I mean, obviously you know you've got a problem when the other team spawns with energy swords or you get booted from a match before it even starts, but its when they start walking through walls, spawning vehicles at will, going to Forge editor mode in Slayer Matchmaking that you know somethins is REALLY wrong.

But the worst thing is that it happens every single game. I see atleast one hacker or booster every signle game and as someone who refuses to cheat, I just cant stomach that.

I've seen a few games lately get trashed by bad online-but here it's a near perfect gamne getting completely destroyed by patchy design and amoral players. I mean, remember that weekly challenge, Above The Law, you had to suurvive a firefight round without dying, now, that's easy for me I did that the first time I tried, but you would honestly not beleive how many people where teamkilling just to try and prevent other people getting the credit boost.

But yes, now that I'm a Major Grade 3(no boosting from me thank you very much, all that was earned manualy) I've seen all Im wanting to and probably wont be back. It had huge potential, but compared to other online shooters, it's just not enjoyable enough warrent me spending time in it.

Noooo! Don't tell me Bungie didn't change up Boneyard...it was like that in the beta. It was always LULZ SNIP LULZ CHARIN MAH LAZOR on the Spartans side all the time. Spartans basically always won unless they were stupid enough to donate some weapons to the enemy.

Oh well. I've found Reach to be a blast and no problems online at all connection-wise. Super fun.

I need some help with forging. How to you make objectives like KOTH, Territories, Invasion, CTF, Neutral Bomb, Headhunter, Stockpile, Juggernaut, etc. And I know from Halo 3 forge that there was two types of spawns. The blue spawn points that you die and spawn at and the blue with halos above it where you start off at. I don't know which one is which in Halo Reach. And how do you make boundaries.

I haven't fooled around with Reach's Forge mode enough to know, so I don't know how much it has changed from Halo 3. But if you want some big help, I would head over to Forgehub.com. Excellent place, and although I could probably post some nice stuff over there, I never have.

Hope you find the answers to your question.

I just find it impossible to enjoy this game.

The original 1.0000 version was actualy excellent. All the modes except the rigged feeling invasion were OK. Firegith was fantastic. A great way to earn credits by fighting like a demon-if you really fought hard, and I mean fought crazy hard, you could get a few K out of it. Matchmaking had some hacker problems, but for the most part felt fair and balanced. The storyline was rather terrible, but the fact you could really have an enjoyable legendary playthrough with competant players at the touch of a button made it a great co-op game too.

But today patch 1.0001 came out and ruined it all.

Before I quit, it felt more and more like a game that was simply making tiny tweaks to Halo 3 so it could keep making money.

The campaign is unashamedly rubbish: its very short, fails to tell an interesting story, doesnt make the player even give a damn about their squad(I actualy cared to little that at one point I beat Kat half to death in order to steal her weapon)

But now that you cant get an online co-op match(I had it in matchmaking for two hours, nothing) it's lost it's last charm.

The firefight mode, WAS plenty enjoyable, but with the latest patch is too long, too slow, and simply frustrating.

The original firefight was brilliant, the perfect length, used the perfect Skull combo, and had the perfect maps. The new one is 45-80 minutes longer, uses a skull combo that is simply hair tearingly frustrating, and takes place on revised and much less enjoyable maps. It's hair tearingly agrivating because have you ever stopped to calculate just how many bullets it takes to kill an elite with Mythic on heroic? It takes 124 assault rifle bullets, that's just under half of what you can carry.

It takes 30 seconds of blasting away at boring, samey enemy clones with dull unrealistic weapons only to have some disgusting hacker shoot them in the back and steal the kill. Not fun. Especialy when each individual firefight game is over an hour long or more.

Invasion is horrendus: you;ve got no cover, the enemy team always has superior weaponry(on spire ALL aliens have swords and camo) the games are usualy up to an hour long, Vehicles are fun, but usualy teams have gunfights over who gets the banshee, and then one merry player flies off into the sunset while the other elleven year olds quit. And what's more, I've never seen a vehicle last more than twenty seconds. doubly bad since they now no longer respawn.

And the standard multiplayer is simply rigged. last time I played it, the enemy team were using a hack that let them go into editor mode despite being a ranked matchmaking game. they simply deleted the spawnpoints and filled the new respawn area with killballs.

I dont play Reach anymore, the 1.001 patch ruined everything.

• 4 weeks later...