Would you like to see WoW tier sets in Oblivion?

vampiricllama

In the way they're used in WoW - no.

If they we're "redesigned" to better fit different body parts, then yes.

WoW armors would have to be done from scratch, and ripping them from the game would just look terrible. If someone wanted to re-create the armors, they would need some good character designs of the armor as the reference source. The in game models would be no good for seeing details.

Indeed, someone got banned this year for ripping armors and weapons.

I love all of the tier armors, except for one. Whatever you do, please don't make the Rogue T8 gear. Nobody likes having a dead baby seal for a head.

@Ampolx way to late, Ub3rman has made from scratch SM, and SFK. There are also a couple mods out there that add WoW or simply Warcraft items to the game. Like Arthis' armor and Frostmourn, and the Warglaives.

*Edit add Yes I personally would love to see some of the WoW Teir sets made from scratch brough over to Oblivion. One I know I would use alot would be the T2 Paladin set called Judgement; I still remember the day I finally finished that set. *

Yeah, Blizzard did come up with some wild designs for some of their sets.

I'd love to see this Warlock set. It's been done, but the uploader was banned for ripping.

http://www.the-best-wow-guides.com/images/warlock_tier4.jpg

In the way they're used in WoW - no.

This is exactly what was going through my head when I read the question.

WoW characters have a completely different body shape than Oblivion bodies. The graphics are DirectX 7 standard, blocky and low-res graphics. A direct port would look even worse than a direct port of Morrowind armor into Oblivion because once a low-poly/texture object makes its way into a high-poly game, it simply stands out as looking horrible.

When JCarl and I first started working on the Morrowind Glass armor, we actually ported the original armor over to see what it would look like as well as a concept flame particle test. It looked awful due to the low-res quality compared to anything else in the game. The armor had to be "re-imagined" to be higher resolution in terms of poly count and texture.

So if we are talking about porting (which is illegal to distribute anyway) or simply trying to re-create the armor to look just like it...then no.

If using WoW as a base reference for a re-imagined armor that fits the quality of armor in Oblivion, then sure, go for it. I am not a WoW player so I have no idea what kind of armors are in that game other than what has been presented in these request forums over the years.

LHammonds