First hacking now viruses? That's just a step too far.

Vindekarr

I post this today sitting at my computer and fuming. because today, I had decided to give the online multiplayer community one last try, and fate has shown me they really dont deserve it.

Because suddenly, mid game in Modern Warfare 2, my antivirus shut the program down and went into lockdown, stating that a virus had attempted access via the loophole the game created in my firewall. Not only was that game full of hacking vermin spouting language that would have made my grandaddy, a longshoreman, blush, and acting like children, but they tried to hack MY computer in adition to their own.

This is the last straw for me. I'm not coming back, and even I find it hard not to want to shove my fist down the throat of the man or men responsible. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU?! THAT YOU ARE SO DESPERATE TO WIN IN CALL OF DUTY THAT YOU HACK PEOPLE'S COMPUTERS?!! IDIOT!!!! SCUM!!!!

Hel's blood it made me mad. I had to call my cousin to expunge the thing, it had been captured before it made it through my overzealous security, but I shudder to think just how many people it could have infected who are less insanely vigilant.

This goes out also as a warning to those who still play that game, be aware of your security, the insane rabid hacker filth may try and disable your machine.

But what angered me the most was that this lump of meat did it for fun. FOR FUN. Hate doesnt come naturaly to me, anger for sure, I'm used to and use, but hatred? this is one of only two times this year I've felt that, both of them in this one week.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your example is the reason why I play single player and have ditched multiplayer. Everyone there is either a hacker or 13 year old. I'm surprised that you still play multiplayer after all this time. My advice, ditch multiplayer and head for single as Activision only care for your $$$ not your support.

When playing multiplayer in hardcore CPL type games find one or two community clan servers (not competitive clan servers) and just stick to them. Get to know the clan and the admins, maybe even become a part of the clan, pay for a reserve slot if you can (they'll only be a few pounds or dollars) and your time in the game will be far more enjoyable.

That's good advice but I've had no option but to quit that game-it doesnt allow you to make your own servers, rather, everyone is thrown into a single big jumbled server, so with hackers and a virus floating around, I dont particularly want to risk it.

It's a pity, much though I've ranted about it, I had some good times in MW2. One of my favorite all time classes was unarmed except for a riot shield, I used it, usualy, to level, as you would not beleive just what a large percentage of players will empty their entire magazine-sometimes every round they've got-into your shield, leaving the team mates who use me as mobile cover, free to fire.

My favorite moment though was when myself and three members of my team ganged together and made a shieldwall, with two more teamers in the middle with light machine guns, we were unstoppable, nobody had SEMTEX plastic explosive-the main shield coutner weapon, so we just strolled the map in a phalanx with our MG gunners reaping a mighty toll.

This is why I only multiplayer with my PS3 (And anyone else who uses the 360, Wii, etc)

Although the element of hacking is there (I've heard rumours and stories and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to be true)

I find that multiplayer games are just full of glitchers, campers and 13 year olds who have been excluded from school and have about 30 ASBO's...

So either go on PC and get hacked, or deal with scum on a safer console...

So that's why I stick with killing the kids and get spammed in my inbox because they can't handle it...

But yeah.

I'm not saying give up on multiplayer games, and I'm definately not saying fork out £150-£300 for a console and it's games.

Just keep your antivirus up to date and give it chances.

Single player is fun but it doesn't have that "human" element to it, that totally unpredictable human instinct.

Which is why I always play single player until I get bored and get all trophies ;) and then play multiplayer for a time =)

But like Dark0ne said, join a community or clan to play. It's safer and more fun.

I'm pretty sure they don't have seperate servers on MW2 (which is foolish) but hey Activision are more interested in your wallet than your enjoyment.

Play with a bunch of friends. Lots of gamers have MW2 and on different consoles.

FInd the ones on PC and have a laugh raging around the maps in your own clan =D

Works for me, stops me getting mad at all the level 13 campers with shotguns... EAT SEMTEX! =D (Or flash through the window and slash with a knife)

Although not completely free of exploiters, you could just stick to multiplayer games that have their own protected separate servers, like most of your MMOs. Or at least the ones I play are near impossible to hack into/plant viruses onto other people.

Searching, I can find no recent record of a vuln in Modern Warfare 2 aside from a denial of service (in the context of this game, disconnection) vuln in DirectX 7-9, and no code execution vulns.

I seem to enjoy playing online IF I am playing with a good community.

I joined a small clan in ArmA 2 and I have NEVER had any problems with hacking AT ALL.

It's not all multiplayer games, and I thank you for reminding me of ARMA Anton.

ARMA is a rare exception, it's for the most part how I wish more game communities were-I joined the original as a total newb and instead of being a target because of that, I was taught how to play by the players themselves. It's got a uniquely welcoming community, it's very hardcore that game, refreshignly so, and that weeds out the kids.

I guess I'll have to give ARMA II a go some time, the first one was excellent, especialy online.