Enhanched Interrogation vs. Torture?

edgeburner

The only way I see the dems winning much of anything come 2016, is if the republicans REALLY screw the pooch, or, run another idiot for president. They have an opportunity here, wonder if they can come together enough to actually DO anything with it.

I couldn't care less about these moronic manure spreaders in Washington. I'm worried about the fallout of this partisan witch hunts release on the American public. We've seen lone wolf terrorist at work both in America and Canada. How many people have been targeted by these loons who had nothing to do with their governments actions, right or wrong? How many more will pay for this tissy fit from the Dems?

These witch hunts have been political theater, as Vagrant0 stated since President Obama came into office and before. It's getting worse and worse, but I had no complaint while the only one's in jeopardy were those same politicians.

Now, they've opened the door and put all of us in Jeopardy, especially those who are outside our borders. I've seen this country flip flop back and forth from the Dems to the Reps and I've not seen many outside of Washington benefit by any of these switches. The opposition has always demonized the party in power, but rarely have I seen any party throw the entire country under the bus. I think the last time is when we went into Iraq the first time. Bush really screwed us up, when we went in there and nothing good has become of it since.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious to me that the politicians in DC don't really care about this country any more. All they care about is their cushy jobs, and their campaign donors. Romney said it best. "We don't matter." And it's true. We don't. We get legislation shoved down our throats that NO ONE wants. We get involved in places we have no business being in. We stick our noses into EVERYONE elses business, while our own country falls apart around our ears.

We need some SERIOUS change, and neither the dems, nor the repubbies, are going to accomplish it.

We gotta stop hating each other before we can do anything about the government. Both parties have set up a perfect storm of greed and jealousy, backed up by their favorite media friends who stir the pot every time things simmer down. The far left and right wing are so into themselves and the virtue of their own ideals to be bothered with the rest of us. All they want from us is to be their mindless foot soldiers.

It's the middle of the road, both Dems and Reps that will have o move things along. Come to think of it, we are the ones who allow all this crap to continue. We set around on our dead asses, playing with ourselves as the far left/right fringe claim to speak for us. If we put them in their places, I think we will have half this stuff fixed.

Torture is not effective in gaining strong, reliable, vital information. A well experienced interrogator, not torturer, gains information more effectively by more subtle means. Tortured people often lie to stop the pain, because they are angry and even if they try to be accurate the torture itself has befuddled their minds.

Many studies, the testimonies of experienced people, have proven this and yet the false belief, justifications, of torture, continue.

This issue is not just about the USA but goes way back before there was a USA and is international in nature. My own country, Australia, has also been implicated of the involvement in secret torture programs.

Edited by Maharg67

Torture is not effective in gaining strong, reliable, vital information. A well experienced interrogator, not torturer, gains information more effectively by more subtle means. Tortured people often lie to stop the pain, because they are angry and even if they try to be accurate the torture itself has befuddled their minds.

Meaning that the reality of this probably has less to do with getting information and more to do with answering the question "What are you supposed to do with enemy prisoners that you cannot just execute outright?".

Many studies, the testimonies of experienced people, have proven this and yet the false belief, justifications, of torture, continue.

This issue is not just about the USA but goes way back before there was a USA and is international in nature. My own country, Australia, has also been implicated of the involvement in secret torture programs.

This seems to be the ongoing naritive by some people. That this was torture and since it was torture then the information gained was useless. There's a lot of assumptions in this entire way of thinking.

I feel as though we should reintroduce the Brazen Bull for murderers, rapists and paedophiles. Does anyone agree? Perhaps this is slightly off-topic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull

Punic Punishment?...why not just reintroduce gladiatorial games, then you can have the morning execution of prisoners by beasts for the edification of the masses? :facepalm:

I feel as though we should reintroduce the Brazen Bull for murderers, rapists and paedophiles. Does anyone agree? Perhaps this is slightly off-topic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull

Punic Punishment?...why not just reintroduce gladiatorial games, then you can have the morning execution of prisoners by beasts for the edification of the masses? :facepalm:

Excellent! And even better. Another way for government to make money! :thumbsup: We can charge people say, £10.00 to watch "man versus lion". But, that's letting them die with honour . . . :wink: