What Classic PC game do you miss?

Azrael12078

Ooo, Simcity 2000... a lot of fun memories with that one. I had Simcopter, too, so I could build a city then fly around in it and occasionally blow it to pieces. Still remember most of the debug menu/cheat codes for 'em too. Calling down alien invasions and natural disasters on your troublesome population... very cathartic. :biggrin:

I'd love to have seen what Morrowind would be like had it been made today not so many years ago.

It would have been a beautiful thing-I dont really ever want to see a direct sequal to any of my old favorites, but it would be nice to see them modernised. Morrowind is one, City of Horoes is another(that wish came true!) and maybe some of the early, really good RPGs.

Just imagine what Daggerfall would be like if it had been made yesterday? Daggerfall gameplay powered by modern technology. Ahh well, it's a nice think to daydream about.\

I'd also love to see a Space Invaders sequal. Dude just imagine it, Space Invaders, but in 1080i HD with actual graphics. Sure, it would lose most of it's charm, but it would still be cute.

Just imagine what Daggerfall would be like if it had been made yesterday? Daggerfall gameplay powered by modern technology. Ahh well, it's a nice think to daydream about.\

Well, DaggerXL is a start. :)

And Morrowind goes pretty far with the Graphics Extender too. Good looking distant land, Bloom/HDR shaders, Godrays, SSAO, water with waves...

And shadows for statics are in the works. And they are based on the sun's position. You probably won't see that in a Bethesda game again until Tes V. :P

I miss playing Settlers 2. I never tried the newer ones much but found Settlers 2 to be awesome. The whole 'venturing into the unknown' made it so exciting for me to play. I loved how you had to organize and instruct your blacksmiths you make more of certain tools according to your current needs.

Forester plants trees -> woodcutter chops them down -> carpenter makes them into planks -> archeologist checks out the site for a new building -> stones are received of quarry workers -> workers carry stones/wooden planks to the building site -> builder makes the building -> you make tools for the person to occupy the building -> etc etc etc

I also miss the old Age of Empires (1 and 2/Age of Kings). The newer Age of Empires and Age of Mythology games simply didn't appeal to me. I would like to see a medieval Age of Empires again.