Pets are so lovely

Pushkatu

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a stray cat recently and now it is getting better. She is sweety looking but can be crazy at times, either aloof or very effectionate or frightened. She is a beautiful ginger with a white underbelly of soft fur. I call her Ginger for want of a better name and she totally fails to respond to the name. Still, there is hope.

XanAlderon and Brokenergy I love both your pets. But Xan I really, really, really love yours. What a beauty. I just love labs. I have always liked the smooth coated black ones. But that is a really nice chocolate lab you have there. May I have him? Puuuleeeeez? Oh, and Brok, it really is a very pretty rock, honest!

The black labradors are really nice, last year Murray fathered a litter of little black labs, they have the absolutely smoothest black coats ever.

And Balagor it took me a while to work out exactly where your cat was in that picture, those flies stand no chance with a cat camouflaged as well as that.

Heh.

The best thing about animals is the way they make you feel-and others feel, it's easy to empathise with someone else who has or had a pet simply because we all know what it's like to care for an animal. They can be trouble some times, they can bite, they can annoy, they can get out of their containment tank and take a snooze on your pc's PSU, but you cant ever do more than look grumpy, you'll always forgive them because they're as sure a friend as any human could ever be, regardless of how many or few legs they have.

You've careful with tarantulas Uber, they're really cute, but a hell of a lot of work and commitment. And occasionaly mischievous little buggers. They're a commitment since they live longer than virtualy any other pet type possible, depeding on species you're looking at 8-12 years (USA tarantula, eg texan, californian desert types) 15-30 years(mexican, south american forest types) and sometimes even longer in some rare cases(record: 49 years, Mexican Red-Knee female). And they are a LOT bigger than they look on TV, out of their tank, which in it's own right is a handfull since it needs humidifiers, moisture, plantlife, live prey species, and a heat source, but out of the tank, they're HUGE!

My second ex girlfriend is actualy the keeper of my second Tarantula. No, not because of some obserd custody battle over my bugs, but because Spidermongous, my second Tarant was just more than I could properly care for. See, Spidermongous got pregnant, and that's when my first spider related panic attack in a decade happened: a tarantula female can give birth to upwards of 200 spiderlings, every single one can become a full sized tarantula, and one is hard enough to keep happy. So she took spidermongous in, having the resources to make sure that those that hatched didnt end up dead due to my inability to care for them properly.

After all, one tarantula eats a lot of crickets, 200... it makes my bank account bleed just thinking about it. And sometimes taking them out of the tank can be a bad idea, after giving Ms Molly a checkup, my phone rang, I turned around, and she crawled off my hand and onto my desk, sensed vibrations and heat, and climbed onto the PSU of my PC, and there, bellied down and seemignly fell asleep.

I turned around and saw this big hairy mass poking up above the top of my PC tower as if my PC had suddenly grown fur, and then had to spend 5 minutes waking her up and luring her onto a piece of paper with a cricket head.

Personality wise they're sort of half dog half cat. sleepy, laid back, and relaxed like a dog, but also unflappable, unpredictable, and a creature unto themselves like a cat.

This is Diamond, she meeps a lot.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/Onxe/Diamond-1.jpg

She loves to play kitty hide and seek with me and also loves playing with her large red mouse. She gets the morning rompys and tears around the house a zillion miles per hour with her mouse. At night when she decides she's hungry or wants to go out she'll stick her paw under our blankets and claw my partners butt. She also has a obsession with wanting to drink my bath water and waits meeping at me to hop out everytime I take one. She sleeps with us and sometimes she'll do kitty hamock on us and dive under the blankets on extra cold days/ nights.

I wouldn't be without her, such a wonderful companionable kitty.