Pets are so lovely

Pushkatu

That's the trouble with pets - they get old. Then I mourn them for years.

Atilla looks like a really special dog. I know what you mean. You just mourn them for so long. I had a very special relationship with one of my cats, Squeak. She passed on several years ago now. But to this day I cannot think to long about her passing before my eyes begin to well up with tears, as they are now. They just give you so much and ask so little in return. Those of us who are animal lovers are very, very lucky indeed.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally. I can't imagine life without them, I've had animals around me all my life. They enrich my life on so many levels. Those who think cats don't return affection should see me interact with mine. I am their best friend ever, and they shower me with love and affection. And sit on my face. And purr all the time. And try to nick my food! :D

This is Maus, one of my late cats. I still get tears in my eyes when I think of him. But those are tears also with the memory of joy. He was my favorite cat, and I his favorite servant.

He was the king of the road, no other toms dared enter our property during the time he was amongst us. He lived untill he was 16 years of age.

Here he is at one of his favorite barbe-Q parties.

And yes life is hard when you have to go the hard road to the vet, and say goodbye to them. But along with all the sad feelings we will also hold years of joyfull experiencies, happiness, love and loyalty.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz88/Balagor/P7090012.jpg

Here are the rest of my photos. The white cat is Lizzie. She is no longer with us, but lived a very long and happy life. Then we have a photo my hubby thought would be amusing of me and the whole brood (cats, dogs, toys and all) early one snowy morning all tumbled in the bed. I'm the practically bald one up at the top that you can (fortunately) barely see. They all want me to get up and fix breakfast. I returned the favor one day when he was half asleep and unshaven and posed him with the two dogs. Then there is another photo of Skeeter (dog) and Alfie (cat). It's funny. You cannot really tell from these photos, but I have hardly any hair and my husband has a pony tail. Wierd huh?

Saying goodbye to virtualy any pet is hard.

Four, six, eight, two-hundred or zero legged, they're all special little guys and they mean the universe to us in diferent ways.

Neither of my dogs is alive anymore, but I've still got photos of them, and the memories of them never fade. A dog, or cat, is a friend just as surely as any human, perhaps more so.

It's only partialy diferent with my various creepy crawlies. I love bugs and spiders, and keep them because I find them fascinating. You cant get attached to or be friends with a Mexican Red Knee'd Tarantula the way you can with a dog or cat, but the fact that she'd bite my thumb off if I went anywhere near her doesnt make Big Bertha any less a family member.

I dont shave my Tarantulas. My Scorpions still have their venom sacs. My Assasin Bugs are fed live ants that they have to hunt themselves. This means that you cant cuddle them or pat them or let them wander around the house, but I really do feel a great degree of affection for my various multi limbed monsters. Some people find bugs and spiders horrible. I love them,

But you cant keep them as pets the way you can a dog or cat, they're wild predators, so that's how I keep them. My Tarantula hasnt been shaved: she still has her Urtication Barbs and disorienting venom, and she uses that when she's hungry or threatened. I've got to wear welding gloves and a paintball mask at feeding/cleaning time because she'd use them on me.

But I dont especialy care, spiders are such beautiful creatures, and Im a lot happier seeing them wild, and free to be themselves, rather than trying to force a wild hunter to become a mild mannered house arachnid.

Footnote: Yes, I know that sounds strange, but some people shave their Tarantulas. A Tarantula, if of the right species, and if feeling suficiently angry or threatened, can kick extremely sharp hairs off her abdomen. These are called Urtication Barbs, getting one in your skin hurts like a bad jellyfish sting for days. Getting one in a mocus membrane, like your eyes, the inside of your nose and mouth, your reproductive organs, or your inner ear, can be horrificaly gruesome. It's for this reason that some tarantulas get shaved, people dont want to ahve to contend with their eight legged friend throwing razor barbs at them.

such cuties :D

Illiad86 beautiful cat you got there.

I red that you have other types of fish, I'd like to see some pictures with them if you have any, since you are the only one that seems to have fish bisedes me. I'm asking this, becouse I'm realy excited about the hole fish thingy right now and I want to know more about what others have.

Btw, those little two, the cat fish, are so cute, I'm surprized they have reproduced, you must be very proud. :laugh:

I'm making a double post now, but I just realized that so many posted and I only took the time to look at the fish(fish fever:laugh:). Now I've seen all the new pictures and red all the new posts. It's great to see that most of the people that have pets are also the ones I like the most and also respect around here. I think we shared a bond without even knowing, but topics like this unite us all in our love for our beloved companions. I realy like that wolf Slof(we call them like that here,even if we know they are not wild ones:tongue:), he must have been a joy for you back when he was among us. I'm gald that you still keep a beautiful and long lasting memory of him, he most likely deserves it, all deserve it. Granny, your family looks so happy, all of them and I bet that's mostly becouse of your animal comapanions. They can bring people closer and give you unconditional love and that is in my opinion very important. I hope I'll see more from you guys and mayby from others if they care to share.

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

Yeah, it was a pretty cool sight to see. One day there was all this weird white stuff all over the tank...we thought it was fungus or something...but my boyfriend was like "woah, those are eggs!" :D Fish are awesome to keep, your beta is very pretty :) I can't keep those though :( Goruamis would kill them.

I'll have to get some pictures of the other fish :) The loach is pretty cool :) Looks like an eel with a catfish face hehe :) Got some pretty cool live plants in the tank too :)

Ah yes...I still tear up when I think of our little girl:

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/cap_013.jpg

Princess :) She was such a sweetheart. Was our first animal we got when we got together. She was pretty old when we got her...she passed a few years ago. Sweetest little mouth you'd ever meet, seemed like she never shut her whiny mouth lol...I still hear her in my head...it's weird. Romeo is great though, he doesn't talk much, but he loves to play :) Got decapitated toy mice everywhere :P

That's the trouble with pets - they get old. Then I mourn them for years.

Yeah. It has to be hard; a pet effectively becomes part of your family. Having a pet also means being ready when he or she has to go. I'll be so sad when that day comes for me. And to me plus some others I know, the only way to mitigate that pain is to get a new pet.

This is my kitten, Spot (he's predominantly white with black ears/tail and a single black spot on his right side, hence the name):

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs391.snc4/45389_427900922707_750972707_4807886_2013327_n.jpg

This was, of course, taken a few months ago, before the little menace chihuahua known as Benny moved in. As you can see, both of Spot's ears are intact here.

We call him Crazy Eyes sometimes, because he looks akin to a deranged psychopath sometimes, but he's such a sweety. Just last night he curled up next to my neck as I worked on a few hair meshes. He's so sooooooooft~ X3