Displaying multiple weapons on your PC

devinpatterson

How's the Fatman going, Devin? Here's hoping you're not running into too many problems with it! :smile:

About half done, as per the update, then I went to work and now to sleep for a few hours.

Oh, also, can you recommend a good guide to using Nifskope for this purpose? I can't for the life of me figure the program out, but if I could, I'd be more than happy to start rigging these models up.

In re: to guides, I mostly just experimented, but I believe there are some decent guides out there for nifskope, and some really high quality one's for blender. Start rigging armor and critters, doing requests etc. Grab tutorials related to working with weapons in nifskope. You need to have a base knowledge first, and even if you have an affinity for it, it will take some time.

There's no guide that I'm aware of for this kind of project, it's techniques I'v been experimenting with. If someone else is doing it, I'm not aware of it. There was someone else that did something similar for fallout 3.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the Fatman going, Devin? Here's hoping you're not running into too many problems with it! :smile:

OK here is the fatman armor addon, and a pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/fatman_zpsqswbrl3g.jpg

A couple of issues. Any wide gauge/diameter weapon (like two fatman, tesla canon, etc) aren't going to look right. So I need to find a way to exclude the armor addon's use in those combinations (probably add em to a formlist and test the equipped weapon against the list). We don't have to worry about weapons with backpacks the body slot will bump it automatically. So until I do that I made the armor addon manual, like with the fireaxe, instead of automatic like the brushgun. We don't want this to happen (pic);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/2fatman_zpsvfp4pd7n.jpg

Second, I got a call when I was doing screenshots. So I was staring at the screen for a few minutes while I was talking and noticed that the fatman doesn't have the very slight movements that the holstered weapons have from teh players breathing. It's rigged to a bone in the spine, but the other vanilla/stadard weapons are probably rigged (via prn) to something else, maybe the torso envelope. The fatman can probably be rigged the same way if we think it's enough of a difference to notice.

Not much to the setup, just unrar the esp and bsa into your data directory and select it in your launcher of choice. A menu will load allowing you to select a standard or quest item armor addon.

i use the Readius so there is no way PDA in my pocket transmits all that light, and id like for when i have a 1 handed weapon equipped a Lantern will be shown on screen in my left hand, holding it up like a torch or lantern in skyrim and other games like amesia, if its possible, also for if i use a 2 handed weapon have it on my belt

Yeah I think I can do that for you. I don't think it will have much of an impact to have it rigged to your off hand for things like a one handed melee weapon, but obviously if it's a pistol, rifle or other firearm the reloading animation could completely break the illusion. I have a similar request for a lunch-pale.

BTW your behind a couple of peeps, so it may take a little while.

breathing mask on belt[/size]

OK try out this one, there's actually two because I wasn't sure how rigid to make the mask. Let me know which one is more realistic.

Pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/breathingMask_zpsejqpjrad.jpg

EHMAGERD that is awesome. Anybody got exclusive rights to that, or could I shamelessly borrow it for the mod I'm making? Only wish it was on the right hip... Would that be a lot of trouble to do? Thank you so much for doing this :blush:

EHMAGERD that is awesome. Anybody got exclusive rights to that, or could I shamelessly borrow it for the mod I'm making? Only wish it was on the right hip... Would that be a lot of trouble to do? Thank you so much for doing this :blush:

Exclusive rights are retained by DevinPatterson LLC, but a cross licensing agreement is certainly possible with Jokerine Industries Inc TM. Just throw a little link in your description back to teh alpha (and later to teh beta when it comes out) so people can hit the thread and make requests for other items. Other than that, feel free to use it you little hedge trimmer

In regard to teh right hip, yeah that's probably do-able, but I think I'd have to move it further foward so it doesn't clip with any holstered pistols or small arms (that's it's default position).

One quick question, though - if I wanted to move the model back a few inches (in case of using it with power armour), how would I go about doing that? Is there an easy means of doing so in NifSkope without completely breaking the model?

Because we have more flexibility than the built in weapon placement, there will be different models based on light, medium and heavy armor. But that isn't implemented yet. In nifskope you'll notice a "feature" is that the various parts of the model will separate :sad: That's not a big deal if you just moving them once along the Y axis, however I can do it for you in blender if you'd prefer.

Awesomesauce, thank you! I owe you my firstborn by now, you've always been too generous, I don't deserve it :ohdear: I can live with it being on the side it is now. It would just clip with this one NPC who has a little pouch on that hip, but I'll do some scripting magic so the armor with the gas mask instead of the hip pouch is added to him upon death. Gotta love making scripts for the smallest things :laugh: Rock on!