Could we ever get NORMAL female armor and robe mods?

FegelTemplar

This inspired me to dig up my unfinished Nord Mage set and do some work.

Never seen you make an armor set before, EnaiSiaion. After using some of your mods, I'm can't wait. Using your stone and latest race mod. I having fun spitting on people.

And we don't need mage armor set, we a need male bouncing butts mod!

Male "beauty" (in this context of "beauty") is the same as female "beauty" is viewed, abs, ass and penis (while its ass, vagina and breast for women).

That said most males get very upset and vocal about having mods that show male penis and abs outside of having sex with women mods, and because in my experience males are much more vocal about their distaste of such things you get spammed by them when making a mod that shows males in a sexualised light.

As for the OP this is something you have to come to expect in the modding world, game developers are and should be held to higher standards when it comes to making and dealing with female characters because they are getting paid and its 50% female and 50% male gamers out there (IMO, this is not something everyone agrees on). BUT modders do this for their own enjoyment and get nothing in return, I try to look at it as art and not judge as much anymore.

I dont like it, but then again THEY dont like it when I make sexy male stuff.

Quoted for truth.

And I know this better than anyone, having had years and years of hate spewed at me for daring to treat males in a sexual light. 99% of my armour mods have been male only, everything from kinky to full-covering, but in the few mods where I made armour for both genders, male and female were treated equally, both skimpy or both covered.

The double standards I was subjected to resulted in me hosting my own mods and avoiding big sites like this.

Male "beauty" (in this context of "beauty") is the same as female "beauty" is viewed, abs, ass and penis (while its ass, vagina and breast for women).

That said most males get very upset and vocal about having mods that show male penis and abs outside of having sex with women mods, and because in my experience males are much more vocal about their distaste of such things you get spammed by them when making a mod that shows males in a sexualised light.

As for the OP this is something you have to come to expect in the modding world, game developers are and should be held to higher standards when it comes to making and dealing with female characters because they are getting paid and its 50% female and 50% male gamers out there (IMO, this is not something everyone agrees on). BUT modders do this for their own enjoyment and get nothing in return, I try to look at it as art and not judge as much anymore.

I dont like it, but then again THEY dont like it when I make sexy male stuff.

Quoted for truth.

And I know this better than anyone, having had years and years of hate spewed at me for daring to treat males in a sexual light. 99% of my armour mods have been male only, everything from kinky to full-covering, but in the few mods where I made armour for both genders, male and female were treated equally, both skimpy or both covered.

The double standards I was subjected to resulted in me hosting my own mods and avoiding big sites like this.

AlienSlof, I never knew you were in this site. I have always wondered why you not here to track you works better. I must say I love your mods so much for both games, the horse ones I mean.

Have you thought of turning off comments? I hope in your site the users are giving you some handy feedback at least.

if your really upset then the best way to solve the problem is to make stuff. :smile:

Exactly. That's how modders became modders. We wanted it so we made it. :smile:

I'm currently porting one of my Oblivion clothing/armor mods to Skyrim and I'm not doing it because anyone asked for it, I'm doing it because I wanted it. After 3 years of basically sitting out Skyrim modding I finally decided to click the Blender icon on my desktop.

The full armor version

http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/410373-1420687763.jpg

The skimpy sexy cute version (because I could)

http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/410373-1420687889.jpg

and yes there is a male equivalent version. :yes:

if your really upset then the best way to solve the problem is to make stuff. :smile:

I'm currently porting one of my Oblivion clothing/armor mods to Skyrim and I'm not doing it because anyone asked for it, I'm doing it because I wanted it. After 3 years of basically sitting out Skyrim modding I finally decided to click the Blender icon on my desktop.

The full armor version

It so cute!

• 1 year later...

Well, to be honest, I find it pathetic and perverted whenever I see skimpy stuff, even mods to add pregnant bellies to women Player Characters, "milking" mods, and some down right disturbing things that quite frankly would not exist in real life, because the uploader would not have the benefit of being anonymous in the "real world".

I'm usually silent on this, since I've adopted a "to each their own' type of attitude, since I don't make mods, I feel like I don't really have the right to (I totally do, free speech and all that, make no mistake) but, I feel like it's pointless. The most devastating thing that kills artists is not being recognized. Negative words only give notoriety to that which you hate, and draws attention to it, possibly gaining the person the status of a martyr, gaining them allies. The best course of action, is to be silent and say nothing of their work. If I was an artist, I'd rather have someone say may art was utter s#*! rather than have nothing noticed or said about it at all.

I agree with Nivea completely, that Skyrim got EXTREMELY lucky, most likely because SKyrim was a better success, one of the best successes of Bethesda to date, and therefore more people were interested in modding it, unlike Fallout 4, which I guarantee will have less mods because of how it is, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Sometimes, there's some really good stuff with those skimpy mods, like nice lacey classy looking gloves or boots that are nice and can be mixed with non-shameful and actually tasteful (by my own biased standards) armor.

Armor should cover and be armored, clothing, on the other hand, can vary I think, because you can be going for the "Sensual distracting" thing as an RPer or something. Using the feminine figure and all that jazz.

I think a woman can be fully covered and still be feminine. She doesn't have to go full on burqa or what not, it's just silly to me that with temps getting well below zero, that you'd be sporting a leather thong and nothing else...

It's like in the new star wars movie, where the female character is on an ICE PLANET with no sun and in basically slave rags with no covering... that wasn't skimpy at all, normal clothes, and I thought it was moronic, but then again, she was captured on a forested planet while she was still wearing her normal outfit, so, I guess it made sense and she did escape without taking new clothes, not dying and all :) so I will forgive it.

Hothtrooper made some BADASS armors for the males and females, and they are lore friendly and super original. Someone made them more female friendly, more curvy and stuff, without exposing da boobies :P. I took that patch, even though I know in the middle ages, women would be making babies and dinner, and not fighting, historically, but it made a stylistic sense (and lore sense since women fight in this universe) to have more female form catering armor types.

As a teacher, I think about the young ladies I teach, and I just think that it would be so disgraceful for me to even consider those shameless mods. To each their own, but they are perverted, you can't deny it, sorry. You'd just be lying to yourself.

I think anyone who has to deal with young women on a daily basis will have a strong reaction to skimpy trashy stuff, because at least for me, I've grown to respect women beyond just being sex objects to get aroused to (real life is FAR more offensive to women than modders here can ever be, so I forgive the authors, since ilt's not like I'm contributing anything to nexus, doesn't hurt me, so I don't care about it !).

I think people who do NOT have to get to know women on an intimate level, as friends, students, colleagues, are okay with skimpy things, because honestly, once you see women as equals, it changes things dramatically. You start to understand why it might be offensive.

It's okay if you don't see it that way, honestly, because it took me a while to outgrow the "horny teen" phase and finally understand why women in all aspects, games included, should be afforded the same respect and dignity as men.

Simply though, those that enjoy skimpy mods don't understand the simple fact that it makes whatever you apply the mod to, as just an "object" to be manipulated at will, and it's okay, because they are the player, and they get to play god in their game. All things, included women NPCs are "not real people" so it's "okay" to think of them and dress them in skimpy things.

I would wager though, that these same people subconsciously take the same ideal to real life.

Maybe not though, and maybe they just like sexy ladies. I can't blame them for it! Hell, we got one life, and if one's worst crime is liking to see boobies in games, engaging their inner pervert, well, it's not hurting anyone, no skin off anyone's bones, so whatever. There are far worse things in life, so it's not a big deal.

I think things are progressing though for the better. There's no shortage of GOOD stuff and GREAT stuff for Skyrim. I hope that trend continues to other titles.

I think final fantasy has some skimpy get ups, kind of like Fang's outfit from FF13 and what not, but I guess I take a different tone to that for some reason, oh well! :)

I remember a funny thing, maybe on college humor, where the girl had to wear "protective female armor" and it was just a chainmail bikini HAHA :).

Seriously though, if you have a significant other, or have females in your life that you consider important, you ought to give a little thought to how your dress your PC or whatever. Or don't. Do what you want, it's your damn game anyways. You paid for it, you should do what you want.

@FegelTemplar, I feel you. For me it's not only the immature sexy and sometimes downright stupid stuff (high heels in skyrim wtf) that hits the nexus, I am totally fed up with manga otaku style mods. Some of them have quite nice features but then they are ruined by things like stupid modern hairstyles or overbearing cute faces... And on top of that some of them are labled "immersive" and/or "lore-friendly". (no need for hatred, it's just all in my opinion here)

But then the creators of these mods get lots of likes, so I assume that a lot of people have a demand for things like that (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!). They say "If you don't like it, don't use it." which is correct. The good news is that the big time for those kind of mods seems to be over, since many of the immature otaku might have left the building, while some of the really good modders like Chesko seem to stay around a little while longer.

So instead of ranting I started learning Blender which has now become a hobby. I also want to start modding and since I haven't bought Fallout 4 (so far) I hope to get into it soon.

Edited by metaphorset

1. Use the tag system.

Make your own armor, robes and clothes mods.

Sexy and skimpy armors and clothing are part of TES lore. They have been in the past games. For one look at the cover of arena, the dark seducers of oblivion and daggerfall armors.

Go to oblivion armor modding, look at all the armor mods and be thankful for what you have.

The full armor version

Will you be releasing these on Nexus? One of my faves from Oblivion!

OK, so I guess I'm going to throw my two cents into this one because, well, why not :)

So the first thing I want to point out is the dismissive attitude I'm seeing a lot of where people posting are automatically assuming that those who use manga/otaku style mods or skimpy armors are 'immature' or 'just don't have enough women in their lives to have developed respect for them/see them as equals' which is utter nonsense. For the record btw, I do not use either of the above. I agree that there are a lot of manga/otaku style mods out there, in fact I refer to the abundance of those kinds of mods as the 'animeifacation of Skyrim'. I don't like anime on the whole, and I don't want to use mods like that myself so I don't, but I think it's a mistake to unthinkingly accuse people who do like those kinds of mods of being 'immature'. If anything it's probably more of a culture thing than anything else. I think it's also a mistake to accuse people who use skimpy armors of being immature, perverts, or not having respect for women. There are at least a few women in this thread who have stated they like using the CBBE and UMP body replacer mods and skimpy armors. Are they perverts? Immature? The majority of my real life friends are women, of the ones who play Skyrim (not all of them share that interest) many use a body replacer mod and skimpy armors as well. I myself use the CBBE and S.O.S. light body replacer mods, and even though I tend not to use skimpy armors I think there are exceptions called for. I like using Arissa and Sofia as companions because I think their personalities complement each other well. I usually give Arissa head-to-toe leather armor because she is a thief, but I usually give Sofia more skimpy armor because she is a barbarian type character and-- this is shown in this video at about the 2 min. mark. Are my friends (who are straight women) being perverts for using body replacer mods and skimpy armors for female characters being perverts? Am I? Am I being a pervert for using the S.O.S. light mod for that matter? What's implied in that last question btw is that I am in fact a straight male. There are all kinds of reasons why people may want to use various different types of mods, and unless you're prepared to demonstrate some type of psychic powers it would be prudent to be a little more cautious with accusations.