The Nexus State of the Union - 2015

Dark0ne

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #21465079. #21471194, #21475539, #21486314, #21492659 are all replies on the same post.

I logged in specifically to bring this up--you beat me to it :)

Yes, pictures load very, very slow. They have since I started using Nexus I'm guessing...4 years ago...and they continue to. This isn't impacted by geographic location, ISP, or connection speed (I've moved several times) and is literally my only complaint about Nexus as both a mod author and user.

Clicking on an image often means waiting 5-20s for it to enlarge. If you want to look at several photos on a page it gets really old, really fast. It slows "mod browsing" to a proverbial crawl.

I'd love to see a more advanced gallery style on Nexus implemented with some of these forthcoming UI changes. One click should launch a full screen slideshow photo gallery for the mod so you can quickly arrow-click through several pictures in a few seconds. Right now, clicking through several pictures takes a few *minutes.* It really ruins the experience of browsing mods, at least for me.

--------------

@Dark0ne --

Part of what makes Nexus great is the level of communication and accessibility we have with you as the site owner. It's unusual. What's more unusual is that you're pretty open and candid with information. I enjoy your updates b/c I feel like I'm getting (at least a decent portion of) the real story. Instead of being fed some super-polished, overly-positive, line of BS...which is exactly what most "community managers" excel at. I'd be surprised if a lot of folks around here didn't feel the same way, so please consider this when hiring someone to lighten your load. :]

In response to post #21489114.

i'm one of the ones that never post.. or at least rarely. some of us just don't take an interest due to the overall status of online community being kinda bs. i truly either don't have time or am just uninterested but i will say that i enjoy the nexus community. i don't really bother posting or replying except here cause it was perfect :P

Skyrim has become a great place to learn how to mod and code in general... troubleshooting the many different errors that come with using over 100 mods is something that not only takes hours and offers great teachings, its surprisingly fun.

so all in all i got to say HAPPY NEWYEAR!!!!

In response to post #21465079. #21471194, #21475539, #21486314, #21492659, #21493049, #21498054 are all replies on the same post.

Same here even if I have speedy internet. 90- 80% in most cases. I don't remember that was so when I made my registration to Nexus years ago. And I could change between the pictures with arrow key even now. Edited by ordog2

Excellent job as always. I'll try to keep this short, as I can write a page out in nothing flat. The site is evolving in a good direction, it's belt is expanding in the right locations. It's growing and maturing properly and you're listening to the user base, which is the correct way.

As for the download speeds, I couldn't be happier as I'm going over my maximum when I download multiples (ISP limits at 375Kbps, I've seen 400+).

Overall, excellent job, and nice transparency.