Bethesda's first-ever E3 conference!

Zaldir

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this, and to me it doesn't make sense for Bethesda to shell out the kind of money it takes to throw a party all their own just to announce some games. FO and ES don't need hyping, a simple release announcement is all they need and we'll all line up waving money at them. Even announcing an entirely new game series doesn't warrant that kind of expense. I predict that the main focus of this will be to show off new technology, most likely a sparkling new 64-bit engine, and the aim of the conference will not only be to show it off but to pitch it to game developers. Bethesda is a publisher, remember.

Tricky to guess what we may see on E3, some guesses are:

1) Fallout 4 (not likely). Beth has said in the Rock, Paper, Shotgun interview to have no more intentions for a FO4 and to not have concepted for a new title in the franchise either, stating that if they ever will do a Fallout game again, it'll be a very long time from now. That interview was from februari 2014. One year ago is not a very long time.

2) Dishonored open-world (plausible). Beth made a whole new world, that of Dishonored and they have no reason to not expand on their own franchise. They have also stated before that they'd love to explore the Dishonored world through different games from a wider perspective.

3) TES 6 (not likely). Skyrim is quite fresh and while it's Zenimax who made TES Online, Zenimax is also the parent company of Bethesda. This means that Zenimax is the master licenseholder and can freeze any game development on any TES title if they simply want all the spotlights on TES Online for 2015, which is a stupid but not uncommon practise.

4) Doom/Wolfenstein related (plausible). They may have more to show for these franchises, even if they're only publishers for one of those two.

5) TES Online 2015 plan for Zenimax (plausible). Bethesda is a branch company of Zenimax, they may be told to show off Zenimax's work on TES Online during this opportunity. The whole going free-to-play thing is more reason for this.

6) A new title. Bethesda is due for a new franchise, it's time.

Edited by Saratje

In response to post #22825034. #22835139, #22844214 are all replies on the same post.

Link to the interview you're referencing in #1? Nobody else I know has ever said anything remotely like this.