Bethesda's first-ever E3 conference!

Zaldir

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #22614509. #22615479 is also a reply to the same post.

Yeah, the one I went to was a super-secret thing where a bunch of journalists(I was one at the time - don't ask) were huddled in a small room at E3 and saw the first footage of Oblivion ever. Later we went to see their Fallout 3 exhibit.

I mean, I thought that was a press conference...

In response to post #22614509. #22615479, #22621364 are all replies on the same post.

Talking about the E3 Oblivion 2005 Demos? They were secretive at first, but then were released to the public a few months later. That wasn't a press conference actually, it was just a private booth showing, which happens often. (I think) This is them doing the same thing EA, Ubisoft, Sony and Microsoft does.

In response to post #22626059.

Eventually. :)

I doubt it will be for Fallout 4 though for the same reason I gave Arocide. Also, the engine was trademarked on November 2013, and the SDK was trademarked on June 2014. Unless they finished them then, they wouldn't be used for Fallout 4. Thing is, late 2013 will give them a lot less time to develop the game than Skyrim had, which was 2 - 2 1/2 years as they started working on the Creation Engine after they finished the Fallout 3 DLC.

In response to post #22626059. #22628034 is also a reply to the same post.

@Tannin: Last anyone knew, Todd had said something to the effect of "one more game on Creation Engine" which means we're not getting a new one on FO4.

@Camonna Tong: What new engine trademarks are these? If it's something idTech related, John Carmack has said repeatedly that it's not suitable for the kind of open world games Bethesda makes.