The end for Gamebryo?

JimboUK

On the up side, it means that Bethsoft will either buy the engine from whomever retains the ownership for pennies on the dollar to handle in-house, or switch to some other engine. Meaning that the next TES or Fallout game might have totally new possibilities for environments and NPC interaction. As is, the version which is used in NV is a highly modified version of the engine, that even seems to make up for some of the previous short-commings.

On the downside a new engine might severely limit modding capabilities if they use some sort of proprietary means for applying textures or animations (like what EA uses). Which could drive modding of new games the way of NWN2. A new engine also means new limitations which might outright ruin the free-roam capacities of future games in favor of zone based, or story driven areas (Read FF13 like).

The engine isn't that bad, I've not long finished Divinity 2 DKS which uses the same engine and never had an issue with it, it looked great, ran well and didn't crash once. I hope they don't switch to IDs Tech 5 engine, that isn't mod friendly if Carmack is to be believed,

Yes they wont use Gamebryo for FO 4....

In FO4 you are able to play as a chinese agent (a ghoul) and take revenge for the Fallout or you are a good american and side with the US....

Detailed information is unknown....

The ZeniMaxMedia Studios ( Bethesda Softworks is owned by ZMM) have bought id software (DOOM 4) and Rage is the last game with id tech 5 engine...

This http://kingofgng.com/media/20091003_rage_01.jpg is a picture of the game RAGE and is an example for id tech 5....

Edited by Valasthor

The engine comes with a new content-creation tools package called id Studio' date=' which is supposed to be much more user-friendly and polished than in earlier versions. Previously, content creation required artists to run various command line tools beyond the level editor's own tools, while id Tech 5 allows for all work to be done 'in-engine'.[/quote']

found @Wikipedia

EDIT:

I believe its ok and understandable to exchange an outdated engine...

Wikipedia claims the Gamebryo engine to be ten years old...

Dark Age of Camelot (2001) was the first game with the Gamebryo Engine...

"Gamebryo is a game engine, originally from Numerical Design Limited (NDL), and the successor to NDL's NetImmerse engine.

Since the creation of Gamebryo, NDL merged with Emergent Game Technologies. "

It was claimed as BETA....until 2009....

( I am not inventing this. I am just writing what Wikipedia has written...)

Edited by Valasthor

I think it's very likely Bethesda will be using iD's Tech engine after Zenimax aquired iD a little while back. I think it's also highly possible that this is the reason why TES 5, or even word on TES 5 is yet to materialise as Bethesda are busy getting to grips with the new engine and porting over or reworking all their previous work on TES 5 to this new engine.