What is your earliest memory?

gandalftw

• 8 months later...

Not really sure but I have a memory from when I was five. I was standing in our backyard on a sunny summerday and suddenly the idea struck me that maybe I would remember that exact moment many, many years later.

Well, I apparently did ;)

• 1 year later...

These are all fascinating memories with some being very funny.I was gone for a while and forgot i posted this thread,just found it again.

My second memory was finding myself in a corn field getting married to a young girl wearing a sheet over her head,i think i was seven.We had a full wedding party complete with bridesmaids and preacher.I still recall the warmth of the sun and the sound of the corn stalks rustling in the breeze.Wonderful memory...

I think I was about three...... I had just come in from the garden, raiding the strawberry patch... and there were a large number of bumblebees on the screen inside the back porch.... I wanted to 'make friends' with them, so I picked one up, and set him on my finger.... Of course, he promptly stung me, and flew back to the window........ So much for making friends...... I have hated ANYTHING that flies, and stings, ever since. :D Even today, in my own house, I have cans of wasp/hornet spray in strategic locations thoughout the property, so if I see some of them little fellers building a nest, I can immediately discourage them. WAY too many nests around here still... and the carpenter bees..... supposedly, they don't sting, but, they are still extremely annoying when mowing around the barn...... They still haven't quite figgered out that I am NOT going to be chased away. :D

I think I was about three...... I had just come in from the garden, raiding the strawberry patch... and there were a large number of bumblebees on the screen inside the back porch.... I wanted to 'make friends' with them, so I picked one up, and set him on my finger.... Of course, he promptly stung me, and flew back to the window........ So much for making friends...... I have hated ANYTHING that flies, and stings, ever since. :D Even today, in my own house, I have cans of wasp/hornet spray in strategic locations thoughout the property, so if I see some of them little fellers building a nest, I can immediately discourage them. WAY too many nests around here still... and the carpenter bees..... supposedly, they don't sting, but, they are still extremely annoying when mowing around the barn...... They still haven't quite figgered out that I am NOT going to be chased away. :D

That's funny ,i attempted something similar with a nest red ants. I used to eat ants to show off but i decided to give up the behavior fairly quickly.