Rumour: Elder Scrolls 5 in the works

JimboUK

These rumors have been out for a long while. When Oblivion came out there was the ruckus that Tes V would be a MMO, a rumor that was rather rampant till the time I started engineering school a couple years back. Back in 2008 Bethesda had on the official forums a thread for ideas for Tes V, a signal that early concept work was in the works. Zenimax also a couple years back hired a producer who was rather well established in the MMO business, thus leading to more MMO Tes V rumors.

Now let's face reality. Bethesda has completed neglected Oblivion for the last couple of years because of the Fallout 3 franchise. We've had Fallout 3 followed by Fallout New Vegas, plus Beth has released titles such as the miserable failure they call "Wet." Me personally, I don't see development on Tes V happening until New Vegas is in Beth's terms a finished project, that if they decide to put it into development. I would not be surprised if there's a design document on Tes V right now, but I would bet that if they're developing it, then it's just now getting off the ground. And if Wet is a sign of the times, I wouldn't put much hope on it.

They havent released any information for tes 5 yet because they are finalizing their new (or revamped), engine.

Hope its less buggy than the current one.

Good, that engine seriously needs a complete rework at the very least.

Edited by MarcusDubious

Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications.

Big fat horrible hairy donkey balls. Not another begging GameByro engine game.

Guess at least our modders won't have to change much!

Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications.

Big fat horrible hairy donkey balls. Not another begging GameByro engine game.

Guess at least our modders won't have to change much!

Lol

Don't give up hope all together Robin, I've not long completed my first playthough of Larians "The Dragon Knight Saga" that uses Gamebryo and it never crashed once in the whole playthrough, if Larian can get it to behave then surely the awesome Bethesda should be able to.

Or should I not hold my breath on that one.

The crashing isn't the problem for me...I never get crashes and the only bugs I get are non-gamechanging/destroying like NPC's getting stuck behind objects. GameByro is just old and dated. I was hoping for more pretty colours! ;)