Where would you like to see the next Fallout set?

Zephyr2011

125 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to see the next Fallout take place?

• New England (Like FO3)
    • The Southwest (like New Vegas)
    • The Pacific Coast (Like FO1 and 2)
    • The Pacific Northwest
    • The Southeast
    • The Midwest
    • The West (ie: Rocky Mountain area)
    • Other
    • Another Country

I've decided I'd like to see the island where all the dreams of life on earth as said to be focused. Drum roll...The winner is...Australia Mahn!

Now for the real question: how to get the developers to hear this suggestion and take it seriously?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Now!

For those who are not yet too radiated and flesh eating Ghoul's.

Wouldn't it be great for those of us who would love to travel but are bound by lack of good health, lack of great Wealth, and are too young to take flight? And Australia's people know many will when they are older.

I would gladly pay to see the lands and islands about there, and scavenge it too.

Amongst a scenario of Australian lands with the dangerous and mysterious outback it could have radiated monstrous kick boxing Kangaroo's, razor y winged ostriches which could peck the life out of a man of good height, bloated muscled Dingo, mutants of a kind which aborigine might find a bit to shocking to want hanging around for us game hero type to bring the numbers down, and other monstrous flowers that could eat us in one bite. What with they all mingled in with with the Australian mystic's delivered would it be like?

Who wouldn't want to see the Tasmanian devil turn into horrible form from a radiated life? Why not a vile creature or even a pet that would be the best companion yet?

I think it should take place in Chicago or even Detroit; it would be conducive to the environment of fallout I was not the biggest fan of the whole wild west concept...It came to be a little too much I think. not only has Chicago been mentioned before in f3 but it would also re - open the door for the same urban and sub-urban setting as seen in f3, certain areas could even be modeled after the pitt. I believe there are several reasons why it would not work in another country...

Fallout is widly based off of concept from the 40s-60s (of the united states) it's my opinion** that The concept of it mainly comes from the technological race the US had with the soviet union as a nuclear war was belived a possibility at the time. things like the duck and cover book / magazine, cars, music, houses, clothing, certain wepon designs etc., the entire concept of nuclear war in the game for the most part comes from that era. even things like the "red chinese spies" or whatever in fallout 3 and in point lookout could arguably be based off the red scare which took place in american history earlier on as well. fallout taking place in another country would strip it of its distinctive style and change the entire fallout universe ultimatly straying us from its main foundations,humor, and over all style. it wouldn't be a fallout experience

Edited by dabomb2287

It's true that setting the next sequel in another country would change the atmosphere, but if every sequel is nearly a carbon copy of the game before it then why bother making the sequel to begin with? I think seeing the post-nuclear world of the Fallout series from the perspective of another culture, perhaps the Communist Chinese or Russians, for example, in the next sequel would be a logical development.

It's true that setting the next sequel in another country would change the atmosphere, but if every sequel is nearly a carbon copy of the game before it then why bother making the sequel to begin with? I think seeing the post-nuclear world of the Fallout series from the perspective of another culture, perhaps the Communist Chinese or Russians, for example, in the next sequel would be a logical development.

yeah, I see what you mean. personally I liked the urban kinda dull setting in fallout 3. there could be a lot of that in the midwest

If you put all the debris from the U. S. of A. where they were attacked and float that down the Mississippi River and along the Eastern coast its a radiation bath on the flow to Cuba, the Cayman Islands, and all the small chains of Islands in between all the way past the Brazilian eastern coast would have a devastating effect. The flow goes right to Australia and it would be easy to make it into a wasteland from just the fabric of time bringing all the Bombs dropped radioactive waste from them.

A holiday sign at the port of Melbourne where an intact city which million of refuges over crowded until food supply ran short. Bing! After a story is told about a island untouched by the A-Bomb effects you and your friends at Nellis AFB fly off in the last bomber whose has a long flight range. Only it runs out of gas short of your destination and you end up floating on the Atlantic Ocean current for days. Adrift on the bomber that flew from Nellis Air Force Base you wake up with the plane jammed on the white sand of one of Australia's famous surfing shores.

I am only wondering. I am not giving them the big Top Show yet.

For that matter the Ice Continent at the South and North Poles would make for serious problems if the ocean flow was warmed too much. Global warming would cause the poles ice to melt, flooding would occur so that the sky scraper penthouse's in some coastal cities would be a boat dock. So, it might be that Australia would be under water too. Just like America's mountains, except at it highest points.

I can't decide between Wyoming the Grand Teton' or Australia. I think we should send each state or countries government a request to see what they think and let them call Bethesda.

Or?! Just let the folks who are dropping by on occasion to see what the forum is up to, and maybe, just maybe they will get a brain storm going and do it for them self. Have your group send Bethesda suggestions. Or who ever takes control.

I just remembered something of interest. Some of the guys who were civil service that I overheard talking when I was a kid, because a friend of my Dad was a HAM operator, called in to prepare for nuclear war, said, "That the most likely point that the first hit would be, would be at the northwestern corner of North Dakota and Northeastern corner of Montana."

I was wondering why it did not make any sense back then. Then it popped into my head. The farms, their crops would all be destroyed and no crop could be raised to feed the nation for, and I remember telling the other kids there because of how I exaggerated this as a kid, "for 1000's of years."

What about your choices? Are there any significant reasons they might be targeted?

I would love to have China...

And people also need to realize, the nukes probably didn't hit certain parts of the world, so a lot of places should still be standing...

I live in California but I am miles away from a city that anyone would want to attack.

I would want a fallout that either takes place in china, or has some way of traveling to china via a addon.

I would also like to see a fallout in a place that didn't get hit by nukes at all. This way the game would have a lot more spots and less wasteland, and water/food would be a lot smaller issue.

The game would mainly focus on rebuilding of a government or something instead of the whole "stay alive" kind of thing.

Despite the fact that a couple of people from England have already said otherwise I think that London would be an awesome setting. Imagine football hooligan raidiers, "A Clockwork Orange" stlye gang, Ghoul royalty, exploring the underground and all the superb voice acting that usually goes along with British games.

I disagree with the idea that Fallout is uniquely American. The 50s were a time where that ideology existed across all of the Western world; the idea that the West was all knowing and absolutely right existed in Australia too and I imagine in the UK as well. I would love to see the macabre juxtposition of lovely little old ladies and cannabalism for example. "Doomsday" already proved that the apocalypes would look cool in the UK. I also like the fact that, due to tight gun laws in the UK that melee and unarmed would be much more heavily relied upon. Fallout: London 2013!