⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Where would you like to see the next Fallout set?

Zephyr2011

125 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to see the next Fallout take place?

• New England (Like FO3)
    • The Southwest (like New Vegas)
    • The Pacific Coast (Like FO1 and 2)
    • The Pacific Northwest
    • The Southeast
    • The Midwest
    • The West (ie: Rocky Mountain area)
    • Other
    • Another Country

People also need to realize the bombs that fell were smaller nukes then we have today...

I mean didn't house say it would have taken 100 something to take out Vegas and surrounding areas?

I doubt that China would have wasted bombs on small time areas like where I live, radioactive dust would most likely travel due to winds, but it should be fine overtime.

I just hope they don't put it in another desert, that messed it up so bad... I mean it doesn't even look like nukes fell! Everything looks like it just got taken due through the erosion of sand and wind...

Is anything really taken down? I am not sure if a entire building is fallen... Everything in the game seems to me like animals and humans doing crap and sand erosion.

Correct me if im wrong folks, but IIRC in the story the bombs did not hit the Mojave. House had taken precautions and prepared a defence against the bombing prior to the end of the war, and was able to personaly direct it to knock down some aircraft/missiles/bombs (some 63 or so wasnt it?). As such the decay to NV is purely from the fallout and the collapse of society.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found a link that may be reason to leave Australia out of the running for the next, if ever, Fallout Game pack.

It may be things have changed since the old blog I found was posted,♠ but it has a clarity I had not expected could cause one of the most prominent countries that learned how to survive on their homelands from the very first days of their arrival. More of a reason to wonder why they Banned Fallout 3 in Australia.

And yes I recall that Fallout New Vegas did have the points "minngarm" has posted. "Kudo" for bringing that to light.

I'd like for the next game to take place somewhere else as well. Coming to think of it, I could name about two landmarks in the DC I recognized (capitol building and memorial) and at least as many in Dubai, such as the world islands or that hotel, or how about Qatar's pearl? Given the Middle Eastern Coalition's war against Europe in fallout Canon, it would make for an interesting location as well.

The recognition for "landmark" buildings and architecture in the DC is also very slim if you haven't been in contact with information focused on the city before, something in which I'm apparently not the only one and which certainly isn't due to informative bias on my own part.

I think New York would be a good setting, however with the alternate timeline, they would have to place the towers, and have them in disrepair/partialy collapsed. So that may very well be a reason why they have not chosen that particular area. Though I think it would be great to have to fight your way up tower 2 which is half way up ripped open and leaning on tower 1 so that you can crawl/climb your way into it and up the top. Not so much because of 9/11 but rather because it would make for a hell of a final battle site for a fallout game.

The recognition for "landmark" buildings and architecture in the DC is also very slim if you haven't been in contact with information focused on the city before, something in which I'm apparently not the only one and which certainly isn't due to informative bias on my own part.

So you don't you watch movies and international news? Seems like every other shot on Fox is of the capitol building! LOL That's all it takes to recognize the DC landmarks (and the Hollywood sign, for that matter). You still recognized them, though, having never been there (I assume). I only recognized 3 of them, and I lived in the country. The power of TV! :woot:

I think New York would be a good setting, however with the alternate timeline, they would have to place the towers, and have them in disrepair/partialy collapsed. So that may very well be a reason why they have not chosen that particular area. Though I think it would be great to have to fight your way up tower 2 which is half way up ripped open and leaning on tower 1 so that you can crawl/climb your way into it and up the top. Not so much because of 9/11 but rather because it would make for a hell of a final battle site for a fallout game.

You're totally right. Not gonna happen. They could leave the towers out...when were they built, anyway? It's too emotionally sensitive for people. I personally don't think it should necessarily stop them, but I think it would.

That's the same reason (Political Correctness) why I doubt you'll see the next game in China or the Middle East. Don't get me wrong when I type this, but I don't know how OK it is to shoot live, unghoulified Muslims or Chinese in a game in people's minds, you know what I mean? FO now is very in-your-face so you will see very well what you are doing.

I don't play FPS games too much at all any more...are there games where you go around shooting Muslims? For example, in the modern age/generation, you don't see a lot of Japanese getting shot in movies about WWII, even considering all that they did because now they're the "good guys". If it's done, like in the Pacific, there's an awful lot of drama involved that would never be wasted on a Nazi. :down:

So you don't you watch movies and international news? Seems like every other shot on Fox is of the capitol building! LOL That's all it takes to recognize the DC landmarks (and the Hollywood sign, for that matter). You still recognized them, though, having never been there (I assume). I only recognized 3 of them, and I lived in the country. The power of TV! :woot:

Yes and yes. But most movies I've seen don't revolve around american urban city planning, for which I'm thankful because it would be utterly boring. On the same manner, I depend on newspapers and a few select news websites for my news, not on american news channels, propaganda ridden I will say if you choose Fox as its representive.

I recognized the landmarks, yes. I remember a scenario from Red Alert 2 in which the soviets had taken over the city and you'd destroy them for the cash crates they held. I know of its existence, of course, but that isn't coupled with instant imagery. For Washington DC, it's architecture is about as recognizable for me as that of Bruge. Just naming places, I'm pretty certain cities like Venice, Moscow, Athens or Brussels could be portrayed very recognizable in a coming Fallout game, without harming the game's recognizability at all.

I found a game in which the character has to go from basements up several floors and find ways across from one skyscraper to the next on occasion. Putting it into the downtown D. C. area with mutants, raiders, and opposing forces would give FO3 a realistic city wide scene. Always traveling from the underground made for interesting site seeing and battles, but this big city conquest would put a twist in the game that could keep us tasting Fallout for another year, or two, delightfully.

Oh! Don't go buying Legendary now and leave FO 3 and NV to rest in peace. It has some good qualities. So far that I know it doesn't give us the scope of weapons, modding, or other delights FO3 has. Don't get me wrong, "Legendary" has it moments.

I will likely play it which-ever place the programmers, company who own the rights, choose is fine by me...if they let us bend the range of factions, weapons, bodies, clothes, and allow others who can make add on quests with fancy architect designed homes we can dig up from the heaps of waste...I am all for it.

I would still like them to add the city Skyscraper effects there and challenges that could have been in FO3 originally.

Of course, I have only just found the mod that adds Interiors to Downtown D. C. so I wont go shooting off my mouth anymore until I had tried it out.