Arcangel - The Beginning

Kethruch

The immediate threat dealt with, Alenee decides to take advantage of the momentary quiet. She sits down on a nearby rock and places her pike within easy reach. She pulls a bandage from her cloak and attempts to deal with the cut on her arm. As she does this, she calls to the guards, "Hey you! Get over here! Tell me what I want and I just might overlook that you've been sleeping instead of guarding!"

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linden moves gingerly over to where Alenee is sitting. "I can heal that for you, if you'd like. One of us should be at full strength."

(Begins to mumble for HEALING I)

"Almighty, look with favor upon you child, Alenee, and grant her the benefit of your healing touch. Cleanse her wounds and spirit so she may continue the works we have been given to do. Amen."

(OOC - Peregrine, nice touch about the guards! ;) )

Tiemmo may not be the bravest human in the world and not the most honourable but he does not believe in the callous killing of the fallen. He loosens an arrow at the attacking man. And yells "Maniki, flank to the left! Gerras, you go to the right. I'll stay here" to imaginary companions. He nocks a second arrow.

Tiemmo, Helstar, and Melisande

The man drops his sword as Tiemmo's first arrow slams home into the upper part of his sword arm. He spins, reaching down with his other arm to pick up the shortsword. Helstar is able to stumble back a couple of feet, out of immediate danger. The man looks at the prone figure of Melisande, then begins to move off, away from the conflict. He takes a couple of staggering steps before falling himself.

Linden and Alenee

Alenee feels much better as the healing energy from Linden's spell courses over the wound. Soon, she feels rejuvenated and ready to take on whatever lies ahead. The "guards" come over to you, their staggering gait showing that they are still recovering from something. "Excuse, milady" one of them says in a long, slow drawl as they get to you. "I don't know what come over me. I was awake, then suddenly, you were callin' to me to get meself over here. What's goin' on?"

There seems to be no further movements by the tools, and they lie where they fell."

Linden sits down again (she's still a bit woozy from her own wounds and now a bit tired from her spell casting) and begins to think out loud.

"Everytime that we have had to defend ourselves from the invisible shovel wielders and defeated them, there has been a wailing heard in the distance. Alenee, have you heard of any type of magic that can create unseen beings?"

She picks up a stone and throws it at one of the shovels in frustration.

"I think we need to figure out who is guiding these unseen workers and deal with that person(s). That one is the one who wants the tomb unearthed, so that is the person we need to talk to to get to the bottom of this." Linden sighs. "But first, I need to rest and get back my strength. Can you take the first watch? I don't trust these guards; they might fall asleep again."

"Sorry, I'm hardly an expert on magic... my experience is in a far different area... like standing guard tonight" Alenee laughs a bit at the last part. "Enjoy your rest, I'll just go have a little talk with these "guards" over here." Leaving Linden to sleep, she walks over to the guards. "Now then, start from the beginning, the first time this happened. Everything you can tell me, no matter how insignificant. And as for what's been going on... there's your nightly troubles." She waves her hand in the direction of the fallen tools. "Don't know what's behind it, but the attack for tonight's stopped."

Alenee and Linden

The guards look at each other sheepishly before one speaks up. "I dunno ma'am." He starts slowly. "There really ain't that much to tells. Once we's uncovered this thing here." He points at the tomb. "No one's been able to keep awake at night guardin' it. There be somethin' real strange goins on, don't there?" He looks at you like he just made a very astute observation. "Does ya think now that theys might stop? They got different the last couple nights, like theys was concentratin' on a spot rathers than diggin' more outta the hill. In truth, I's feel kinda stupid fallin' asleep with just shovels and the like attackin'."

Helstar

You fall to find Melisande soundly asleep. Though tired, you are able to assess that she is not in immediate danger. A figure approaches, not the one you saw earlier, but another. This one is in a full helm, is short and stocky, and is wearing a chain hauberk. Tiemmo also notices the approach, as the figure is not in the least bit stealthy with its approach.

Tiemmo can see he is at no risk from those in the tent but what is the newcomer doing? Signalling clearly to his imaginary companions so that the man will assume he is covered, he moves to intercept him.

Trying to control his nerves he says: "Sir, I'm nothing to do with this. I came to try to get some food. The arrow just fired itself. There must be magic in these hills."

He goes on babbling inconsequentially while trying to get closer to the tent. Those two are lucky to be alive. He doesn't want to fight but he won't let anyone take advantage of their weakness.

He is having a fight in his head. What is going on here is none of his business. He shouldn't have got involved. Where has this sudden infuriating sense of injustice come from? More ideas of that kind and he won't survive as he has been for long.

Archived