Arcangel - The Beginning

Kethruch

Slinging her bow across her back, Alenee retrieves her pike from where she'd dropped it, and follows Linden over to the fallen tools. Pike held ready to respond to any attack, she inspects the area for footprints, blood traces, anything that might have been left by whatever was carrying the tools. She ignores the "guards" for now, anything they might have to say can wait.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"My old armsmaster would throttle me if he saw me leave a weapon on the ground like that!" Linden thought. She hurried over to her mace and placed it back on her belt loop. "That was a novice mistake, but easily corrected."

As she made her way back to Alenee, she too perused the ground for any clues.

Looking to Alenee she said, "Have you found anything?"

Melisande and Helstar

As you freeze at the entrance, you hear shuffling around inside the tent. There is at least one thump that you hear, and the muffled curses of someone speaking in common. Listening further, there is a muted conversation which you can only pick up some random words..."Master", "upset", "tomb", "diver-'something'", and "rebirth". After that, there is silence.

Alenee and Linden

Contrary to your expectations, there are no bodies. In fact, your arrows also do not appear to be where they should had they struck solid matter. The tools now appear inert, their apparent get up and go seems to have got up and went. The ground shows no sign of passage, no sign of disturbance except for the imprints the tools made when they fell.

Linden surveys the scene in frustration. " I know we shot something; we both heard our arrows hit the mark. Only now there is nothing. This mystery is beginning to annoy me." She begins to pick up the spent arrows, checking for any damage.

She hands some of Alenee's arrows back to her. " I propose we make camp here for the night and set watches. I would like to see if our intruders return."

"Interesting.... an invisible race it seems... but natural, or by magic? I've never seen anything like it. Most spells I've seen would dissipate after time, or at least when something's cut out of the body like this. And you're right... we may have scared them off for now, but our job's not quite done.... ah well, guess if it was easy we wouldn't be getting paid so well!"

Linden and Alenee

Almost as if on cue to what Alenee had said, the gelatinous substance on one arrowhead after another vaporizes and is gone, leaving somewhat twisted metal behind. There is an acrid smell in the air, and your eyes begin to burn.

From behind you, a slight scraping sound catches both of your ears.

"Behind us!" Alenee calls, spinning around to face the new threat. Sensing that her bow would be too slow to ready, she brings her pike up in a defensive stance. She holds the weapon ready, point aimed at the source of the noise for a quick lunge at anything that tries to advance on her.

Archived