Arcangel - The Beginning

Kethruch

Linden drops the useless arrows to the ground and spins to face the new threat, going for her mace in the process. She takes up her place beside Alenee, ready for what may come. "I think it's time to earn our pay." She looks toward the direction the scaping noise came from.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alenee and Linden

Linden turns, but not quickly enough. An arrow rips into her calf, just under where the hauberk ends and above where her boots begin. Turning you, see a shovel dragging itself toward the pile of debris. Too late you also see a loosing bow. A buzzing sound tells Alenee just how close that shot was to finding home. From nowhere, another arrow appears at the bow, nocked.

Linden cries out as the arrow slams into her leg. Steeling herself and whispering a quick prayer, she breaks off the arrow a handspan from her leg. She rises to a half crouch, favoring her good leg.

OOC, can we see what type of arrowheads are being used by our invisible foes? (Are they barbed?)

Alenee and Linden

The arrowhead remains buried deep in your calf, so identification of the type of head will have to wait. The bow fires again, this time the arrow goes through the fleshy part of Alenee's left arm, a glancing blow, but painful nonetheless. The pike strikes the bow, sending it flying, where it lands with a clatter on the stone of the roof, where it remains motionless. The only sound left is the scraping of the shovel, some twenty feet away.

OOC INTERJECTION HERE

ALL CHARACTERS -

I am going to be splitting this thread into two after the 'tests' occur (assuming I pass and am allowed to start up another thread). One for occasional posters (who just happened to group themselves together very nicely with Melisande and Helstar, and one for more active posters (read here - those of us without a life - just kidding - Alenee and Linden). For now, the threads will both be run through here. Do not be discouraged if a lot happens in one thread and not much in the other. Your input is just as valuable and welcome. I have had requests to join, and I have welcomed these, and am pointing them to the thread they would feel more comfortable posting with. Please let me know if you have any worries about this.

This has been a public service announcement, your local program will now continue, already in progress.

and the arrows that split Alenee's and Linden's skulls....oops, got ahead of myself. (the gods chuckle to themselves).

please disregard the italicized portion of the previous message. My evil half got out and accessed my address and began to take over

OOC:Sorry for not posting for so long. Just remember, I finally got on the forums after 2 days, and this was my first stop :D

Helstar creeps over near Melisande, careful not to make too much noise or cast a shadow over the tent. When he reaches her, he mouths 'rebirth? What's that?'

Linden looks up to Alenee, "Are you alright?" Seeing that it is a minor wound she tells her "I'll heal that in a moment." She then limps painfully over to where the bow landed, and smashes her mace down on the bow using an overhand strike. "That should prevent any future attacks; from this weapon at least. I don't wanted to be ambushed while we tend our wounds."

She then turns towards the shovel and readies her mace for another attack.

Melisande motions to Helstar, trying to show him that she wants to attack. She stays still for a second, then counts down on her fingers three, two, one.

As she counts down, she glances around, making sure that there is no one doing the same for her and Helstar.

Archived