TES V requests/wishlist

Pyramidhead123

A lot of stuff I'd like to see is actually combat-based, I'd like to see an in-game style personalization instead of "you have a two-handed weapon, use the same moves for every two-handed weapon" and deal the same damage - different grips have advantages and disadvantages, and I don't think an assassin would wield a dagger the same way a mage or archer might.

Headshots. If I shoot someone in the head, it shouldn't "magically" move itself to the chest - If anything such a shot should be double or triple damage. Insta-kill shouldn't really be done though, unless there's more than one person in the area; poison would be effective in those cases, because after getting hit, while they might try to run to you they'll just end up dead before reaching their assailant.

Oh, of course, solve some of the difficulty problems that arose when Oblivion tried to introduce leveled enemies; I find it annoying that if you're a magic-based knight, which my first character was, certain skills would not work well with others and it really started to show around level 7 - Enchanted armor should not negate on spellcasting since it works on magika itself, but instead boost it - over 100% magic effectiveness should be possible and obtainable in Skyrim, giving players another thing to think about when changing armors.

And finally, redo how the armors are done - I'm not sure how, but I think at this point Daedric and Glass as the highest tiers is starting to get a little old and isn't for every character you make; maybe something like attachments, rebalancing, enchantments, forging techniques, and reinforcing would allow better customization of a character while not having to completely sacrifice your character's style because of the new armors that become available when you level up.

Edited by ziitch

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple more things:

No mini-games! Please don't make me wast time picking a door I can puch my armored fist thru.

Minimize one line dialogs. I hate hen you start a conversation whith a character and all they say is get lost or Hi! If that's all they say hen don't have a dialog window open at all.

More realistic trade. A store owner in a little hamlet isn't going to buy a hundred dinner plates, at least not at full price.

and finally, redo how the armors are done - I'm not sure how, but I think at this point Daedric and Glass as the highest tiers is starting to get a little old and isn't for every character you make; maybe something like attachments, rebalancing, enchantments, forging techniques, and reinforcing would allow better customization of a character while not having to completely sacrifice your character's style because of the new armors that become available when you level up.

No good-vs-evil faction bias - if there's a mages' guild and a necromancer faction, I want to be able to choose to join either one. In Oblivion, the necromancers, and other "evil" factions, attack the player on sight. Would be more fun to be able to do quests for all factions, and then come backstab them once you change your mind.

Dynamic lighting/shadows (which is now confirmed) should affect sneak penalty/bonus. (Even though sneak actually only is silent walking, in Oblivion)

More basic spell effects - there really aren't that many spell effects to choose from/combine when making spells. I want to see more variation.

On a related note, I want grand spell visuals. Huge fireballs and the like. And visuals of merged effects when you cast a spell with more than one type of effect.

An idea would be to scale the visuals to your magic proficiency.

Remove the restriction that only allows player to reverse-pickpocket weightless items.

Make acrobatics as effective as in Morrowind, so you can jump to the clouds with the right fortifications, spells and enchantments. Good for climbing the mountains of Skyrim. :3

That's about all I can think of without spending an inordinate amount of time on it. I know it's gonna be a great game regardless of these things, but I know bethesda reads around on fora, so I might get lucky. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On the map of Skyrim we can see that there's a lot of rivers and GI said that there will be flowing water in them this time. So I would like to be able to get on the boat and swim with the current to another cyor example. And I don't mean fast travelling by that.

I would like the levelling system to be more like Fallout's, that is, we gain exp from killing things/completing quests and can spend points in whatever skill we like when levelling up.

I always found Oblivion's system to be incredibly stupid as it encourages players to engage in odd behaviour like constantly casting low level spells or running into a wall for hours, also managing my skills to always get +5 was very annoying.

well what i hope for as for an idea, maybe when the quest line ends, maybe you could become the new king of skyrim, just saying as an idea just in case no one would like the idea.

it's fairly obvious that the dragonbourne is going to unite skyrim. Otherwise there would not be a civil war in the story

Or maybe you have to choose to lead only one of the warring factions! :ohmy: but you're probably right, restore a rightful heir or take over yourself sounds much more likely

Better combat is a must, maybe you can unlock more advanced moves such as throwing weapons or even people by going to a instructor

Better Stealth

Better NPC Immersion, its a bit odd seeing NPCS say hello then talk about mudcrabs then say they hate it each other and then say goodbye. (Actually maybe they could make an easter egg for this)

and of course better physics, creatures *standard Checklist*