Immortality Pill

JohannesGunn

Wanna live forever?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a pill that granted true immortality, would you take it?

• Oh, yeah!
    • Not a chance...
    • Only if it tasted like candy...
  2. 2. What if it was a shot?

• So? Bring it on!
    • Uh... I don't like needles...
    • Not a chance...
    • Only if it's gonna mess with my mind, man...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i would vanity governs my life the thought of going grey and getting wrinkles? no chance i will take all the surgery i can get and a chance to live forever hell yes :biggrin:

I'm not sure who made that statement, but I'm pretty sure it's nobody on this discussion that I have read. The reason someone would not want to grow old is not necessarily vanity. I've seen my great grand parents, grandparents, and parents age, lose their sight, their joints, both of their legs, and more. Aging is not fun, some things can be almost as bad as death.

yeah i said i do not want to age i never said it was fun! dont take offence

Interesting ... my first thought when I read this was "Is this for everybody "? ... I mean I don't mind it but to imagine living in a world where everyone takes it (pill or shot), and never dies and the world population just keeps on growing ... nah uh uh, that just doesn't do it for me.

It would have to be exclusive to a limited number of people.

I'd want the following;

1) Regenerating limbs and self healing wounds.

2) Limited number of fellow immortals.

3) The ability to die.

4) The ability to grant someone else the "gift" of immortality as well ... I'm reminded of the movie The Highlander and how the hero has to watch the woman he loves grow old and die ... no that simply won't do for me.

As for riches, wisdom, power, strength and honor, etc., they'd all come in time as you walk the road of immortality.

Remember the immortality pill doesn't grant invincibility, if you get shot you still die :whistling:

But the OP said...

"I'm talking TRUE immortality, the kind where a nuke is just a small inconvenience, you spit in the face of Father Time, and Death seems to have lost your number... "

im voting no. i couldnt stand living forever. even if its a live forever for as long as the Earth exists, so i wouldnt float in space, or an immortal that couldnt feel pain or couldnt be killed (like in Vagrants post) even if it was the perfect representation for immortality, i still wouldnt do it.

the only reason to become immortal for me would be to see the future, and that would be amazing. not my future, or my lineage's future, but the future as a whole. the earth, the universe even (if i were looking at it in an omnipresence sort of way obviously). and there are other hypothetical ways i would rather do that, such as being cryo-genetically frozen or time warping into the future, but i sure as well wouldnt wanna live day by day until the future happens thats for sure lol :P

basically id rather have an HDTV in which i could look into the future, then to be immortal and wait.

• 2 weeks later...