Immersive Quests [WIP]

Mattiewagg

Friday Update:

I've implemented all of the voice files for Benkkvir, the missing Imposter ones, and Rune-Tail and Joric. That's about 400-500 lines done. I just got the lines for Bradas, who was recast, which is about another 150-200. I'm implementing those today, polishing off a few bugs in a couple minor quests, and if I've got time, starting on The Engineer, which has a level in progress. Voice files for Eet Speks and The Vagrant's Sword are not yet in, but when they are, those will be cleaned and implemented.

I'm finally buying a recording/editing software, so hopefully some videos of the currently implemented voice acting should come in soon.

Edited by Mattiewagg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like things are going quite well. Good luck with the future quest work.

Thank you :D

Eet Speks fully done, may have one small visual edit at a later date and must hook up the dungeon to exterior, but otherwise done. Will begin next quest next time. :P

Well, I went to go register a key for Camtasia, opened it up, and it updated so I got ANOTHER 30 days...

Just gonna buy it later, I guess. Will stick with the trial as long as I can because why not?

This is a voice acting reel, showing off sample lines from each character in IQ.

All characters that have been implemented AND have complete recorded VA have been shown, along with two characters (Vaermina and The Carver) who are not yet implemented but have recorded voice.

This will be updated when new voice acting is sent in, cleaned, and implemented. In the top right is the Immersive Quests watermark, in the bottom right are notes on the recording/character/picture on screen (only if applicable, notes aren't always there), and in the bottom left the character name on top and the voice actor on the bottom.

Please provide feedback on the voices, the characters, or the recording quality, please let me know! (Note: Currently, Zar'roc's recording quality is godawful. I'm fully aware. This is not River Kanoff's fault, he's amazing and does awesome work in professional and modded voice acting. I'm not sure when or how it happened, but the audio got really screwed up somewhere along the line. I'm talking to him to see if I can get the raw files and have them cleaned again, or just rerecorded. So, I am fully aware of the quality issue with Zar'roc's recording.) The quality of each recording also varies because most of these voice actors are NOT professional - they record in different environments, with different equipment, etc. However, we do try to keep it as consistent as possible, and all casting done tries to get a VA that has both a good quality voice and AT LEAST decent audio quality which we can bring up to a level close to vanilla's.

Big thanks to TerrorFox1234 for most of the audio engineering done to clean up these files and the music, big thanks to all the VAs who recorded, and thanks to Jack for being the initial audio engineer and cleaning some of the recorded files heard.

Graphical mods used: Straylight ENB and Skylight Skins by fadingsignal; Northborn Scars by Northborn. The recordings heard are not from in game, though they have been implemented. It's just the direct sound files - we're not covering any of the voice up with music.

EDIT: Feedback gotten so far.

- Change Elberick's hair color so he looks older (I kept meaning to do this, finally got around to it now, will be updating video soon)

- Aydron sounds monotone

Edited by Mattiewagg

• 4 weeks later...

Well this certainly ruined my day :( Though I do understand why the decision was made, as you've explained that quite clearly.

That said, I'm glad to see you're not dropping off the map entirely, I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for your work in Beyond Skyrim. (Well, more like two eyes, as often as I can spare them.)