Doesn't use Gamebryo

Retribution

Not only does the GameBryo engine wants to retire.. the whole company behind GameBryo has retired^^

I also think it was a very good move. I'm really eager to see what Bethesda has made for us! :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2006 we were all amazed with Oblivion Graphics and Physics (Havoc). Even today (with all the cosmetic mods) Oblivion looks just terrific to me. As you all I am too for a new Engine but I am pretty sure this new Game Engine will be a kind of Advanced Gamebryo. We'll see...

By the way from the trailer we don't need much more than a Gamebryo like Engine....ahahahahahahahahaha :laugh:

yes, it's quite likely we've got to learn everything anew. Scripts/quests/dialogue/AI...it's probably totally redone. Maybe even the building/ dragging and dropping things...

for what we know they might've taken the collisionbox approach where every script became an object *nightmares*. They went close to it in fallout, I hope they didn't stretch it further as it's horrible annoying to edit.

--

Personally I wouldn't mind a radical change. The benefits will hopefully be in a larger amounts than the things we'll miss. Next to that...the challenge aspect of a new editor is very appealing :). and will definitely encourage me to mod a lot again.

Heck, I would take anything if it meant more power over the game itself. Could you imagine if we could change the things we griped about in Oblivion?

I still bet they won't have managed to make ladders, even with a whole new engine. Ladders are Bethesda's Achilles' Tendon.

Heck, I would take anything if it meant more power over the game itself. Could you imagine if we could change the things we griped about in Oblivion?

I still bet they won't have managed to make ladders, even with a whole new engine. Ladders are Bethesda's Achilles' Tendon.

And collisionless rain that pours through the ceiling as if there was nothing there xD

I'm thinking "yay, new engine" but I'm slightly worried, theres no doubt that Gamebryo needs a pipe, a pair of slippers and a rocking chair by the fire, but Bethesda aren't what I'd call renowned at getting the best out of a game engine.

TES 5 may be problematic in the beginning and definately not one to buy on release day.

I'm thinking "yay, new engine" but I'm slightly worried, theres no doubt that Gamebryo needs a pipe, a pair of slippers and a rocking chair by the fire, but Bethesda aren't what I'd call renowned at getting the best out of a game engine.

TES 5 may be problematic in the beginning and definately not one to buy on release day.

Well I guess I will be one of those that does purchase it on release day ;)

I'm going to bet it will be a STEAM only release as well.

As for the engine news, nice to hear, but like everything else, if they are going to create a World Builder/SDK then I'm sure there is going to be a nice learning curve that comes along for the ride...

• 8 months later...
Hate to dig out an old thread but its better than starting a new one for something that's been on my mind .. Everyone made such a huge deal about this being a new engine but I noticed early on that whenever someone made a joke about the old bryo in the skyrim todd howard interviews he always cringed a little and avoided saying anything .. and now its pretty obvious to me that this is Bryo but a far more advanced version of it .. I'm very happy with what Ive seen and wouldn't want a full reboot .. but since its all so clear now has anyone changed there minds on this whole "Bryo Bad!" mindset?