Skyrim modding in 2015 still not as good as oblivion modding in 2010?

YngvieMalmsteen

Oblivion was easier to mod for. Skyrim's behavior files are a complete mess and we're only now getting started on customizing it 4 years later. Standards have also increased, you need high quality textures and voice acting for your mod whereas it was less important for Oblivion.

Edited by myztikrice

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen over the last decade-and-a-bit, large-scale mods set within the base game's worldspace seem to be based on both Bethesda's ability to design a convincing world, the richness of the assets available, the ease of development, and the availability of tools. Long post on the state of Skyrim modding ahead; if you want the long and short of it, skip to the bottom.

Bethesda seems to alternate between foreign and domestic environments for its games. Morrowind's world felt utterly massive because of the poor draw distance and lack of both mounts and an always-on fast travel system. It was easy to generate content for though (at least when it came to assets and environment; i never tried my hand at scripting) because the content was so low-resolution. Oblivion by contrast felt tiny and cramped because you could now see the world in the distance and had the luxury of moving around it really quickly either by horse or "magically teleporting in ways that should not be physically possible". The assets for the world were substantially more difficult to generate than those for Morrowind due to the massive jump in resolution, but development of content was still a relatively simple affair. Personally I always found that the location assets were fairly uninteresting and almost viewed through a blurred lens; created by someone who didn't have a real feel for the content they were generating. The world itself however, though generic felt as though it was crafted by someone very familiar with it. I think part of the reason that Bethesda did such a good job on the idyllic setting was the fact that the company went through a weird "let's build what's on our doorstep" phase in the early-to-mid-2000s. Don't believe me? Bethesda is base in Maryland. In interview from the development of Oblivion they mentioned using the world around them as inspiration for the game's setting. Then they took that same area close to home and blew it up for Fallout 3.

Skyrim doesn't just have less overall space than Oblivion; it also has less usable space. Skyrim feels cramped for a whole other reason: mountains. Unlike Cyrodiil where most of the map can be both built on and traversed, Skyrim's landscape is jagged, rugged and bleak... Pretty much as someone who has never seen a picture of Iceland would imagine Iceland to be. Then there's the content resolution, which is on par with what was the then the current generation of visuals for games (ironically made to look nearly a generation older by Bethesda's apparent refusal to believe that DirectX has move beyond version 9.0C, but that's a rant to go into another time). Content at Bethesda's resolution is actually not that hard to create, as it's only a couple of steps above what existed for Oblivion (in fact, there was content being made for Oblivion when Skyrim came out that either matched or surpassed the detail level for Bethesda's content). The bigger issue for assets in Skyrim is how the community has overcompensated: by relying on ultra-high-resolution content to try and bring the visuals up to par (only to run into memory issues). I've personally been guilty of generating 4K content because of the seeming demand for texture files that large. Several modders have also poked fun at this by creating 4K resolution manhole covers for Solitude, in order to help illustrate how ridiculous creating content at that detail level is. Generating content with the level of detail that the modding community has come to expect takes a lot of time... and that's just from an asset creation standpoint. Other posters have mentioned the scripting situation as well, which as I understand was complicated to an utterly ridiculous level by the introduction of Papyrus; others have and will continue to discuss this topic in far greater detail than I.

Even without the worldspace, asset generation and scripting issues, there's also the issue to tool availability. Skyrim modding is much younger than Oblivion or Morrowind modding, and I'm not just talking about how long each game has been out. At the 4 year mark, both Morrowind and Oblivion had been modded in meaningful ways for longer than Skyrim has. Morrowind actually shipped with the Construction set disk included in the game, and the Oblivion CS came out 2 weeks after the game. If you go back into Skyrim Nexus's oldest files, all that you find are textures, since that was really all that could be created; the DDS texture format is a standard across the game industry and is common enough that the tools to work with it are extremely accessible. The NIF model format however had changed dramatically since the version used for Fallout 3/NV, and needed months of careful documentation before it could really be used. Even after it had been disected, the Niftools team focussed development on supporting newer tools rather that newer formats. For hobby work, free tools like Blender are essential, however a long and drawn out process for getting it to read the new format did slow early mod development, and it still presents a problem today (unless there have been developments that I have been unaware of). As I recall there were scripts created to conform to the new format, however they require commercial-grade tools which either require deep pockets or access through a university/college education license. The Creation Kit didn't come out until nearly 3 full months after the game's release, and the changes in how it operates from the older Construction Set meant that it was even longer before meaningful mods started to come out.

TL;DR version: Skyrim has been a perfect storm poor judgement calls, time delays, tool availability and dramatically increased play expectations when compared to its predecessors. It suffers from a significantly less usable world, a lack of a truly modern rendering engine, and an overly complex, easy-to-break scripting system. Skyrim's mountainous environment means there's much less building space than there was in previous titles The fact that the developer-generated content creation tools didn't come out until nearly 3 months after the game itself means that mod development will be perpetually behind by that timespan when compared to the state of modding in the previous games relative to their release date. The increased complexity in the scripting system and the fact that a large portion of the modding community is either unwilling or unable to dive into it has caused a shift towards simpler environment mods and mods based on generated assets (ie weapons, armour and and "anime hairstyle" mods). The expectations of the community at large (which has expanded dramatically since the days of Morrowind and Oblivion) have been driven up dramatically by professional content in modern games, which while good for production value in mods that eventually are released, dramatically increases development time and often pushes out those that are just learning the hobby, and may not wish to publish their work for fear of being torn down). In fact, I suspect that last point may in fact point to all aspects of modding Skyrim: fear of rejection forcing a modder to not release their work. It could be technically brilliant or just a simple exercise in learning the ropes, but as bad as the Oblivion community could be with certain members (I won't name names, though those of you who have been around long enough will probably remember), but from what I've seen the Skyrim community can be infinitely more cruel and punishing (possibly by virtue of the community's size).

To answer the OP's question though, I suppose it depends on your outlook. From a simple content perspective we've never seen so much content, and the quality is constantly on the rise. For larger, more ambitious mods, I think we're entering Skyrim's prime in the same way Oblivion began it hit its prime at the 4 year mark. The largest projects seem to be either ramping up to a release or have at least made significant progress, Furthermore, those large projects have substantially larger teams due to the difference in Complexity between Skyrim and Oblivion. That means more modders are pouring their work into fewer projects. There's projects to go around, but the result will be far greater than what we saw with Oblivion. I think we're only getting started.

I agree with Ph0rce on most things here, except Papryus.

Papyrus is actually a LOT more powerful than TESScript, the previous game's coding language. While it's poorly optimized, a lot of that is not entirely because of Papyrus, but because of the devs seeming inability to understand how to create a well optimized script IN Papyrus, choosing to use a lot of functions and code that could be MUCH more optimized quite easily.

Papyrus makes a lot of things that were particularly hard in previous games quite easy. For example, you couldn't make a proper timer in Oblivion without a lot of code that often was inaccurate. In Papryus, it's no more than a single line of code.

So yes, Papyrus can be a little finicky sometimes, though not too often. Yes, it's poorly optimized. But it's incredibly powerful compared to TESScript, and it's a GOOD thing they brought it in, IMO.

Glad to hear I was wrong about Papyrus. I really should try and learn it myself; It would certainly be helpful for some of the goals that I'm trying to achieve in my work. Still annoyed with how unstable the CK is though.

Glad to hear I was wrong about Papyrus. I really should try and learn it myself; It would certainly be helpful for some of the goals that I'm trying to achieve in my work. Still annoyed with how unstable the CK is though.

Aye, it's good at what it does! Well good enough it has many optimisations under the hood the only real issue is the way it interfaces with the engine...Script Instances just can't perform more then one call (which in a way is actually a strength) to the engine a frame which introduces oh so much delay. TESScript instances were able to perform hundreds of Engine calls a frame, but it could also slow down the game. Papyrus usually won't let that happen so overall I think papyrus is a major improvement over TESScript in terms of stablility, to be quite honest I think the PapyrusVM itself is the most stable part of the engine it's just what it is told to send out and receive that is sometimes junk.

Edited by Arocide

There's a lot of ridiculous disinformation about Papyrus out there. I see a lot of comments to the effect that "scripts will always break your game" and ridiculous number of complaints about certain aspects of Papyrus right here on this forum. Most of them are, frankly, the same sorts of complaints that any coder makes about the second language they learn. "This is different from what I am used to. It sucks!"

The truth is that by the time the OBSE team were done with it, TESScript might be more powerful than Papyrus. Might. However many of OBSE's greatest advances were in adding things to TESScript that Papyrus had from the very beginning, from advanced capabilities like event detection and registration to simple things like the ability to add forms to leveled lists on the fly. Papyrus is WAY easier to use, and, poorly optimized though it may be, a novice can create a much more efficient script in Papyrus. Creating any kind of quest script in TESScript required following a fairly complex list of best practices to avoid hosing a player's framerate and incurring the wrath of the Nexus.

Don't believe me? Consider the simple If… Then block. Even if the very first If parameter returned false, every single additional parameter would be compared and then the code within the If block would consume exactly the same resources as if it was actually doing something. That's why TESScripters were always advised to write if(!x) then RETURN to cut the script processing short rather than the much more logical if(x) then do y.

Thanks to the SKSE Papyrus can already do way more than TESScript will probably ever be able to do, just because of the way that it interacts with the game files.

And one more thing: thanks to Papyrus' capabilities and the SkyUI team, mod configuration menus have made it so that a single mod can do a lot more without worrying about limiting its audience. That means that gameplay, magic, and NPC overhauls can be more easily created in a one-size-fits-all manner rather than having a thousand mods that are all seeking their relatively small niche. Where once there might have been five mods created, only one is necessary. The result is more control over YOUR game from a fewer number of mods by a fewer number of modders.

Edited by lofgren

There's a lot of ridiculous disinformation about Papyrus out there. I see a lot of comments to the effect that "scripts will always break your game" and ridiculous number of complaints about certain aspects of Papyrus right here on this forum. Most of them are, frankly, the same sorts of complaints that any coder makes about the second language they learn. "This is different from what I am used to. It sucks!"

The truth is that by the time the OBSE team were done with it, TESScript might be more powerful than Papyrus. Might. However many of OBSE's greatest advances were in adding things to TESScript that Papyrus had from the very beginning, from advanced capabilities like event detection and registration to simple things like the ability to add forms to leveled lists on the fly. Papyrus is WAY easier to use, and, poorly optimized though it may be, a novice can create a much more efficient script in Papyrus. Creating any kind of quest script in TESScript required following a fairly complex list of best practices to avoid hosing a player's framerate and incurring the wrath of the Nexus.

Don't believe me? Consider the simple If Then block. Even if the very first If parameter returned false, every single additional parameter would be compared and then the code within the If block would consume exactly the same resources as if it was actually doing something. That's why TESScripters were always advised to write if(!x) then RETURN to cut the script processing short rather than the much more logical if(x) then do y.

Thanks to the SKSE Papyrus can already do way more than TESScript will probably ever be able to do, just because of the way that it interacts with the game files.

And one more thing: thanks to Papyrus' capabilities and the SkyUI team, mod configuration menus have made it so that a single mod can do a lot more without worrying about limiting its audience. That means that gameplay, magic, and NPC overhauls can be more easily created in a one-size-fits-all manner rather than having a thousand mods that are all seeking their relatively small niche. Where once there might have been five mods created, only one is necessary. The result is more control over YOUR game from a fewer number of mods by a fewer number of modders.

There is, indeed, a lot of misinformation about Papyrus.

I'd say you phrased it quite nicely.

"Skyrim doesn't just have less overall space than Oblivion; it also has less usable space. Skyrim feels cramped for a whole other reason: mountains. Unlike Cyrodiil where most of the map can be both built on and traversed, Skyrim's landscape is jagged, rugged and bleak... Pretty much as someone who has never seen a picture of Iceland would imagine Iceland to be. Then there's the content resolution, which is on par with what was the then the current generation of visuals for games (ironically made to look nearly a generation older by Bethesda's apparent refusal to believe that DirectX has move beyond version 9.0C, but that's a rant to go into another time). Content at Bethesda's resolution is actually not that hard to create, as it's only a couple of steps above what existed for Oblivion (in fact, there was content being made for Oblivion when Skyrim came out that either matched or surpassed the detail level for Bethesda's content). The bigger issue for assets in Skyrim is how the community has overcompensated: by relying on ultra-high-resolution content to try and bring the visuals up to par (only to run into memory issues). I've personally been guilty of generating 4K content because of the seeming demand for texture files that large. Several modders have also poked fun at this by creating 4K resolution manhole covers for Solitude, in order to help illustrate how ridiculous creating content at that detail level is. Generating content with the level of detail that the modding community has come to expect takes a lot of time... and that's just from an asset creation standpoint."

Ph0rce i think you hit the nail on the head with this one. Thanks for the replies everybody.

It seems some people are not aware of what some oblivion mods can do to the game (just like i probably am with skyrim mods, even though i have done plenty of skyrim modding myself before, anyways if somebody can correct me with an example of a mod for skyrim then please do so, id love to see a skyrim mod that gets me all excited). People always mention the dungeons as a weak point in oblivion. on top of an FCOM installation, using a mod simply titled Better Dungeons makes dungeons, well, better. more unique assets per dungeon. Its certaintly no worse than skyrim is in that regard with that mod.

I can't speak to the quality of Skyrim mods vs. Oblivion mods in toto, in part because I'm not even sure what metrics we're supposed to be using here. But I can tell you why I personally use fewer mods for Skyrim than for Oblivion.

Skyrim started out as a better game. A lot of mods I used for Oblivion were complicated, often buggy attempts to add functionality that Skyrim had fom day 1. I'm talking about stuff like shield bash, sprinting, dual wielding, crafting, etc. I also had to willfully ignore a lot of "features" (e.g. almost all conjuration and restoration spells) of Oblivion's magic system or the game became so easy it was a joke.

Lofgren, i think you may have just not been using the right mods. With Midas Magic, Supreme Magicka, and L.A.M.E (yes, all 3 work great together), oblivion magic is very fun and balanced, not overpowered. Especially when you are using FCOM which makes the enemies a lot tougher. As far as your skyrim features adding to oblivion, let me tell you that the only mod you need in oblivion to make combat better than it will ever be in skyrim with any mod (because of engine limitations, as discovered by the man himself duke patrick) is duke patricks melee combat (no recoil) for oblivion. Sure, you don't have the fancy looking combat animations in skyrim but the combat itself has much more depth in mechanics and fighting style, and much more basis in realism. It has sprinting, by the way. And i don't know why you would want to add crafting as it makes skyrim way too easy but i think MMM and Maskar's oblivion overhaul add some kind of crafting system, i actually use both but i haven't quite figured out how it works yet or tried to really. Oh yes, maskar's oblivion overhaul is another great overhaul that works alongside FCOM perfectly and adds in a lot of really cool features, and it gets updated often in this day in age as well.

I agree with you, Skyrim did start out as a better game, but i also got bored with it after 3 months. i got the last few skills i cared about to master, finished all the guilds, didn't really care about finishing the main quest line (although despite how many hours ive put into oblivion ive never finished its main questline either, hah!) and i was just bored and done with it..of course ive had many attempts at trying to mod it to make it meet my standards and expectations and it always ends in one thing: crash city. Oblivion is not crash city even with all the mods i have. Yes it crashes, but like i said in 70 hrs of gameplay so far on my current set-up its never lost me progress and its not too often to be annoying. And its always random crashes, nothing repeatable that i can't get around.

Being a Chivalry: Medieval Warfare player with almost 2k hours in the game and being very good at it, i just can't mod skyrims combat to get it to an acceptable level for me. Plus, no underwater combat or attacking while in midair (though there is that one mod fixing it, but i havent checked on it in a while and it only worked in 3rd person i believe).

Oblivion with duke patricks melee combat mod is just really good. Its not like deadly reflex or unnecessary violence with a bunch of flashy head chop moves and just a few tweaks, no, the mod goes as in depth as to have locational damage, momentum added to strikes when running down hills, falling, spinning during your attack with your camera movements, or sprinting, scanning the actual weapon models in real-time to determine how long each individual weapon reaches, with unique speed stats on every weapons animation, so you may find a weapon that does less damage than your current one but reaches twice as long, even if it is a little bit slower than your current one as well, maybe you prefer having that reach so you can use that. And so much more. Its just great. Try to do anything like that in skyrim and as far as i know papyrus won't be very happy. Duke even made a version of that mod for skyrim and it doesnt have even half the features of the original one for oblivion because its just not possible in skyrims engine.

If anyone is curious by the way, heres my oblivion load order.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.34]
02  Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm  [Version 5.0]
03  Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm  [Version 5.0]
04  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.73]
05  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.35Beta]
06  Mart's Monster Mod.esm  [Version 3.8b1]
07  TamrielTravellers.esm  [Version 1.39c]
08  FCOM_Convergence.esm  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
09  Better Cities Resources.esm  [Version 5.5.3]
0A  BetterMusicSystem.esm
0B  Oblivifall Master File.esm  [Version 1.2]
0C  Knights - Revelation.esm
0D  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.1]
0E  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.5]
++  Shivering OOO.esp
0F  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp  [Version 5.0]
10  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp  [Version 5.0]
11  Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp  [Version 5.0]
12  Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp  [Version 5.0]
13  FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
14  Fran Armor Add-on.esp
15  Fran_Lv30Item_Maltz.esp
++  LoadingScreens.esp
16  Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
17  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.35]
18  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.35]
++  All Natural - MMM Patch.esp  [Version 1.3]
19  Immersive Interiors.esp  [Version 0.8.1]
1A  Immersive Interiors - Bravil.esp  [Version 2.01]
1B  Immersive Interiors - Landscape Addon.esp
1C  Skyrimized Water HD BLUE eng.esp  [Version 1.8.]
++  Skyrimized Waters HD BLUE - SI Addon.esp
++  Louder Nirnoot.esp
++  Symphony of Violence.esp
1D  Atmospheric Oblivion.esp
1E  Sounds of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.1]
1F  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.35]
20  WindowLightingSystem.esp
21  AliveWaters_nofish.esp
22  Book Jackets Oblivion.esp
23  DialogTweaks.esp  [Version 1.1]
24  More Effective Enchantments.esp
25  BetterMusicSystem(SI).esp  [Version 1.0]
++  NPCs Eat More.esp
26  P-Froggys Wall Climbing EV.esp
27  pmRealTimeInteractions.esp
28  Reznod_Mannequin.esp
29  Enhanced Economy.esp  [Version 5.4.3]
2A  Crowded Cities 15.esp
2B  Crowded Roads Advanced.esp  [Version 1.3]
2C  Immersive Travelers.esp
2D  Container Menu Support.esp
2E  DarNifiedUI Config Addon.esp
2F  Display Stats.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
30  FormID Finder4.esp
31  MiscTracker.esp  [Version 1.1]
32  Quest Log Manager.esp  [Version 1.3.2]
33  Streamline 3.1.esp
34  Vacuity.esp  [Version 0.2]
35  Dynamic Map.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
36  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
37  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
38  DBTAM.esp  [Version 1.10]
39  Enhanced Hotkeys.esp  [Version 2.3.1]
3A  DLCHorseArmor.esp
3B  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.8]
3C  DLCOrrery.esp
3D  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
3E  DLCVileLair.esp
3F  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
40  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
41  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.6]
42  DLCSpellTomes.esp
43  DLCThievesDen.esp
44  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
45  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
46  EWIsTrueWeaponryofViscountsandSirrahs.esp
47  Cobl Glue.esp  [Version 1.73]
48  Cobl Si.esp  [Version 1.63]
49  Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp
4A  FCOM_BobsArmory.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
4B  Loth's Blunt Weapons for Npcs.esp
++  FCOM_LothsBluntWeapons.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
4C  Oblivion WarCry EV.esp  [Version 1.09]
4D  FCOM_WarCry.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
4E  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.35Beta]
++  OOO-Water_Weeds.esp  [Version 1.33]
4F  Alluring Potion Bottles v3.esp
**  OMOBS_SI.esp  [Version 2.0]
50  Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
51  FCOM_Convergence.esp  [Version 0.9.9Mb8b1]
++  FCOM_EntropicOrderRebalance.esp  [Version 0.9.9beta2]
52  FCOM_RealSwords.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8]
53  More Effective Enchantments FCOM.esp
54  Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
55  CurseOfHircine.esp
++  CoH Werewolves Mixed.esp
56  Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
57  Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
58  Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp  [Version 3.7b7]
59  Mart's Monster Mod - Farm Animals.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
5A  Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse WaterLife.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
5B  Creature Diversity.esp
++  TamrielTravellerAdvscript.esp  [Version 1.39c]
5C  TamrielTravellers4OOO.esp  [Version 1.39c]
5D  ShiveringIsleTravellers.esp  [Version 1.39c]
++  FCOM_TamrielTravelers.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_BobsGuardUnity.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_HungersUnitySI.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  MMM4OOO&FCOM- Slofs Horse & DLC Armor.esp
5E  Smarter Bandits.esp
5F  Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp  [Version 1.03]
60  Oblivifall - Something's Not Right.esp  [Version 1.0]
61  TamrielTransportationNetwork.esp
62  Duke Patricks - Bottle Shoot Archery Practice.esp
63  Fighters Guild Quests.esp
64  Kragenir's Death Quest.esp  [Version 2.18]
65  KDQ - Rural Line Additions.esp
66  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp  [Version 3.0]
67  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp
68  Mages Guild Quests.esp
69  MTCExpandedVillages.esp
6A  Region Revive - Lake Rumare.esp
6B  The Ayleid Steps.esp  [Version 3.6]
6C  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
6D  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
6E  DLCFrostcrag.esp
6F  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
70  Knights.esp
71  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.5]
72  Knights - Revelation.esp
**  DLC_MOBS.esp  [Version 2.0]
73  Mighty Umbra.esp
74  AFK_Weye.esp  [Version 2.32.COBL]
75  AFK_Weye - Oblivion XP Patch.esp  [Version 1.1]
76  AFKWeye_MTC_RRLRumarePatch.esp
++  FCOM_MightyUmbra.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_Knights.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
77  ReclaimSancreTor.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
78  JungleHasMoreGroundcover.esp
79  Oblivifall - Losing My Religion.esp  [Version 1.43]
7A  Oblivifall - Losing My Religion KOTN.esp  [Version 1.0]
7B  xuldarkforest.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
7C  xulStendarrValley.esp  [Version 1.2.2]
7D  xulTheHeath.esp
7E  xulEntiusGorge.esp  [Version 1.2.1]
7F  xulFallenleafEverglade.esp  [Version 1.3.1]
80  xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp  [Version 1.2.2]
81  xulChorrolHinterland.esp  [Version 1.2.3]
82  xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp  [Version 1.6.5]
83  xulBravilBarrowfields.esp  [Version 1.3.5]
84  xulLushWoodlands.esp  [Version 1.3.3]
85  xulAncientYews.esp  [Version 1.4.4]
86  xulAncientRedwoods.esp  [Version 1.6]
87  xulCloudtopMountains.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
++  RST+Cloudtop Mountains.esp  [Version 1.1]
88  xulArriusCreek.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
89  xulPatch_AY_AC.esp  [Version 1.1]
++  AFK_Weye Arrius_Creek Patch.esp
8A  xulRollingHills_EV.esp  [Version 1.3.3]
8B  xulPantherRiver.esp
8C  xulRiverEthe.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
8D  xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp  [Version 1.1.1]
8E  xulImperialIsle.esp  [Version 1.6.8]
8F  xulBlackwoodForest.esp  [Version 1.1.1]
90  xulCheydinhalFalls.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
++  KvatchRebuilt-CheydinhalFalls patch.esp  [Version 2.0]
91  xulAspenWood.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
92  xulSkingradOutskirts.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
++  RST+Skingrad Outskirts.esp  [Version 1.1]
93  xulSnowdale.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
++  OOO-Snowdale Patch.esp  [Version 1.1]
++  Snowdale - Fighters Guild Quests Patch.esp
++  MTCExpandedVillages-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 1.1]
94  xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp  [Version 1.1.3]
95  OOO-CliffsOfAnvil patch.esp  [Version 1.2]
96  MMMDungeons-CliffsOfAnvil patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
++  RST+Cliffs of Anvil.esp  [Version 1.2]
97  xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
98  xulJerallGlacier.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
99  OOO-JerallGlacier patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
9A  xulTheEasternPeaks.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
9B  KragenirsDeathQuest-UniqueLandscapes Merged patch.esp  [Version 2.0]
++  RST+Cheydinhal Falls.esp  [Version 1.1]
++  FCOM_UnofficialFranArmorAddon.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  Better Cities - House price patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
9C  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]
9D  Better Dungeons.esp
++  BrighterTorches_v1.2.esp
9E  Cliff_BetterLetters.esp  [Version 1.2]
9F  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 5.3.2]
++  Grass Overhaul.esp
A0  GuildAdvancement.esp
++  Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp
A1  Oblivifall - Let's Talk!.esp  [Version 1.1]
A2  Enhanced Vegetation [125%].esp
A3  StarX Vampire Deaths.esp
A4  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
++  Enhanced Economy - House prices.esp  [Version 5.4.3]
A5  Alternative Beginnings.esp  [Version 1.4.3]
A6  Basic Primary Needs.esp  [Version 6.3]
A7  Vampire Revolution.esp  [Version v1.12]
A8  SupremeMagicka.esp  [Version 0.90b]
A9  SM_ShiveringIsles.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_DLCSpellTome.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_OOO.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_MMM.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_COBL.esp  [Version 0.90]
AA  SM_EnchantStaff.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_Scrolls.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_SigilStone.esp  [Version 0.90]
AB  MidasSpells.esp
AC  pmCrimeHandler.esp
AD  SM Combat Hide.esp  [Version 1.2]
AE  DenockArrowToo.esp
AF  Duke Patricks - Combat Archery.esp  [Version 7.3.5]
++  Duke Patricks - Combat Archery Patch.esp
++  DPCA-OOO Fix.esp
B0  Oblivion XP.esp
B1  HAZeatanimations.esp
++  Item interchange - Extraction.esp  [Version 88]
++  Item interchange - Placement for FCOM.esp  [Version 88]
++  Item interchange - Placement for Frostcrag.esp  [Version 88]
++  Item interchange - Option, Ingredients in Bulk.esp  [Version 88]
B2  CT-Argonian Headstyles.esp
B3  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
B4  bgBalancingEVCore.esp  [Version 10.0EV-L]
++  OCOv2_RBPLite_HomemadePatch.esp
++  ExpandedGreetings.esp  [Version 1.0]
B5  bgMagicEV.esp  [Version 1.7EV]
++  bgMagicSpellTomes_for_WryeBash.esp  [Version 1.68EV]
++  bgMagicItemSigil.esp  [Version 1.68EV]
++  bgMagicEVStartspells.esp  [Version 1.68EV]
B6  bgMagicBonus.esp  [Version 1.7EV]
++  bgMagicEVAddEnVar.esp  [Version 1.68EV]
B7  bgMagicEVPaperChase.esp  [Version 1.68EV]
B8  bgMagicAlchemy.esp  [Version 1.57]
++  bgMagicPotionNumberSoulGemValue.esp  [Version 1.68UV]
++  bgBalancingEVOptionalClasses.esp  [Version 9.0EV-U]
B9  Arena Towers From Inside originally named Update1-9881.esp
BA  Better Cities Full.esp  [Version 5.5.3]
BB  Better Cities - IC Imperial Isle.esp  [Version 5.5.2]
BC  Better Imperial City.esp  [Version 5.5.3]
++  Better Cities - All Natural.esp  [Version 5.5.0]
++  Better Cities - Unique Landscape Barrowfields.esp  [Version 1.3]
++  Better Cities B&M - Unique Landscape Barrowfields.esp  [Version 5.1.2]
BD  Better Cities - Unique Landscape Chorrol Hinterland.esp  [Version 1.3]
BE  Better Cities - Unique Landscape Cheydinhal Falls.esp  [Version 1.4]
++  Better Cities - MOBS.esp  [Version 5.5.3]
++  Better Cities - Reclaiming Sancre Tor.esp  [Version 5.5.0]
++  Better Cities - Unique Landscape Panther River patch.esp  [Version 1.4]
++  Better Cities - Unique Landscape Skingrad Outskirts.esp  [Version 5.3.0]
++  Better Cities - COBL.esp  [Version 5.5.0]
++  Better Cities - No LEYAWIIN Flooding.esp  [Version 5.5.0]
++  FCOM_BetterCities-Bravil.esp  [Version 5.5.0]
++  Better Cities - Vanilla Hair.esp
BF  OSPS-BC_IC-II_UL-II_RRLR_Patch.esp
++  Oblivifall - Losing My Religion BC Bravil.esp  [Version 5.5.0]
**  bgMagicEVShader.esp  [Version 1.7EV]
++  bgMagicShaderLifeDetect.esp  [Version 1.68]
C0  bgMagicLightningbolt.esp
C1  Shining Creatures_AtronachFlame.esp  [Version 1.2]
++  Shining Creatures_DLCFrostcrag.esp
**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.35]
C2  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
C3  Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp  [Version 4.5.2]
C4  Duke Patricks - Melee Combat NO RECOIL.esp  [Version 5.9]

Edited by YngvieMalmsteen

Yes the Nexus is flooded with big boobs, anime, and cheats, but if you can't find great content that makes the game more immersive, more interesting, and bug free, then you're really not doing it right :/