FALLOUT 4 LOCATION POLL

olafreinhardweyer

Preferring the DC Wasteland over the Fallout New Vegas i would like us to discuss, where the next Fallout 4 should take place. Our collected suggestions we could send over to Bethesda, perhaps they are even watching Fallout3nexus forums.

The fun, believability and variety of the DC Area can hardly be rivaled but i think Bethesda should at least try.

I think best if we describe WHY we like the DC TERRAIN(!) so much. You should then suggest another area and describe why (still) meets your needs.

The location should be most probably be in the US because thats Bethesdas biggest market.

Bethesda probably has already started on FO4. So what? Perhaps our suggestions will encourage an FO4 dlc like The Pitt (only bigger :P)

Here's my first suggestion:

A VACTION SPOT AREA like it is Hawai. Also Miami and other places come to mind. Still the area should provide opportunity to show off the broken down traffic infrastructure, military installations and industry.

But why a Vacation Spot? Good living, enjoyment, fun, beaches, Hotels, Swimming Pools - all promises of a good life. It makes also a great place for at lot of 1950s-like references. Now imagine that being bombed,

irradiated, erroded. It would be a great counterpoint. Where DC partly shows the remnants of a society at it peak on a governmental and industrial level and level of traffic infrastructure, the broken down recreational "facilities" would so

the same thing on a level where "the good life" is most refined. Now we have that in part with NV's Vegas, but Vegas is a too specific a place, to be taken as an general expression of "the good life". Vegas is to single minded so to say.

Vegas can't reflect what other vactions spots can reflect (Thats not to say Vegas is not an interristing place) . Also choosing a vacation spot (especially for bathing in the sun) will give the opportunity of showing off another side of the

1950s and that is it sense of exotism. Just look at 1950s pics or listen 1950s music like from Les Baxter and you'll know what i mean.

What is your suggestion?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see some of the rest of the world. Missions to take you to places like Japan, Russia. If they are going to stay in the good ol USA well we've seen the west coast, and east coast, how about something centered around the Middle, Chicago/ST. Lo. Maybe a run from New Orleans up the Mississippi.

Alaska / Canada, perhaps?

OK, not as much variety weather-wise, but operating in a snow/ice environment rather than the usual desert could be an interesting change. Plus there would be lots of leftovers from the War - remnants of the Chinese invasion and the Canadian resistance, and so on.

New York would be nice.

Moscow would be cool. But then it would maybe be too much like Metro 2033 (great book btw!).

Berlin and some post apocalyptic fourth reich thing with nazi super mutants thinking they're the master race? Or crazy humans having ghoul/mutant concentration camps...

I'm currently playing F3 for the first time... But it seems it has the curse of the first two (New Vegas didn't have this so much) in that you sort of have to wear power armor and s*** like that to complete it.

I prefer it a bit lo-fi. Ammunition should be way more uncommon and expensive. And you should be able to complete the game in a dirty prewar suit and a .32 gun! ;-)

Also they should make cars available!

I would suggest London . It has enough recognisable landmarks like Big Ben, Tower of London, buckingham palace. A real maze of underground tunnels streatching hundereds of miles incuding goverment bunkers, subways, catacombs and sewers going back to roman times. Weather changes all the time. Over 138 nationalities live there. River Thames runs through centre with Tower Bridge as a major landmark.

plenty for a design team to get thier teeth into.

I personally would love the New Orleans idea, or any where South around there. I don't know why, just would like it. That or stick to the West. Also there is very little to no chance they would make it not in the US, well maybe Canada or Mexico for a tiny sliver of area, but the whole game revolves around post-apocalyptic America. That's why it is very unlikely to be out of the US.

Actually ya know what, New York sounds pretty dang cool too now that I though about it.

Edited by K00L