FALLOUT 4 LOCATION POLL

olafreinhardweyer

I keep thinking that the next Fallout game will take place in Detroit. If there was barely any civilization there before the war, you have to wonder what that place would be like now that the bombs dropped.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but whose to say that in the alternate Fallout Universe Detroit suffered the same Downfalls this one has :) I for for would love to see Detroit, it wouldn't have been a main target for our time-line, But i miss Detroit so i would have to put a second to Goliaths hehe. actually to be honest one place that i haven't seen mentioned is Australia (I may have missed it) I wouldn't think Australia wouldn't have been hit as hard...Surfing anyone? 8) Edited by Riven1978

What about Paris ? A little camp inside the destruct eiffel tower would be nice. And France have a lot of different weather, it's desertic in the south and cold in the north. And Europe is way smaller than united states so if you can walk by foot from north california to south california you can make a fallout 4 where you can walk from London to Paris by taking the underwater tunnel.

So they should definitly make Fo4 in Europe : "Fallout Old Continent" :)

NEW YORK.

Why?

Think of all those huge buildings towering over you. And of the ones you could actually explore. Then you have the subway system... Not to mention the vastness of the city itself. But that would not be the least of it. You could also escape the city and go out into the wilds and fight a whole new level of monstrosities. The game must be at least as big as Fallout3 goty. If not adding on another 25% of size too boot! And that's not counting DLC's. It will be a sacrilege if we are only given a beefed up version of New Vegas...bugs included.

• 2 weeks later...

For this i would say any of the following:

London...the landmarks and massive underground system.

Venice...would be an interesting loction.

Los Angeles...NCR and supermutants plus ghouls could make for some good 3 way battles,street gangs would be present,possibly raiders plus the BOS would have a presence there.

Edited by Falshire

• 3 weeks later...

It should take place in Detroit, it was the poster child city of the 1950's. The 5th largest city in the US at the time, prosperous, booming economy, and heavy on industry. The Detroit area was the typical place for the American Dream, white picket fence and an new industrious city. FO has been to the East and West coast, now move to middle America. They have to keep the setting in the US, largest target market and the 50's was America's hayday. Detroit has the city scape like DC. It borders canada (maybe have some Canadian resistance remnants there and winter setting), the north woods would be a great place to have on the map, maybe somewhat intact forests, lakes etc not just dead timber. They could also include the suburban sprawl of Detroit along with the highway systems.

Last but not least Detroit is turning into a dumpster as I type this, as of now some parts look like they could be in a fallout game, very post apocalyptic setting right now. The funding for police and public schools have been dramatically reduced which makes factions/gangs more prevalent and city renovations to end. Would be pretty interested to have a FO game set in Detroit while it was actually turning into a post apocalyptic city....is this bad of me?. Only negative thing about Detroit is not many people know landmarks there.

New York can be saved for another time, it seems too ordinary. Crysis 2 just had NYC anyways. New Orleans would be cool, but it seems they already touched on the whole hillbilly swamp setting in Point Lookout. Miami wouldn't be a bad place either, maybe "Fallout Miami" (released after FO4, like FO: NV) Detroit would be a great place to start, then branch out and do the specific dlc's....even though dlc's are bs and should be free if you bought the game.

Los Angeles or New York I guess

Or if you want to go OS.....................

FallDown OutUnder!

Stuff your Deathclaws...........We have Drop Bears!

Edited by ozziefire

It should take place in Detroit, it was the poster child city of the 1950's. The 5th largest city in the US at the time, prosperous, booming economy, and heavy on industry. The Detroit area was the typical place for the American Dream, white picket fence and an new industrious city. FO has been to the East and West coast, now move to middle America. They have to keep the setting in the US, largest target market and the 50's was America's hayday. Detroit has the city scape like DC. It borders canada (maybe have some Canadian resistance remnants there and winter setting), the north woods would be a great place to have on the map, maybe somewhat intact forests, lakes etc not just dead timber. They could also include the suburban sprawl of Detroit along with the highway systems.

Last but not least Detroit is turning into a dumpster as I type this, as of now some parts look like they could be in a fallout game, very post apocalyptic setting right now. The funding for police and public schools have been dramatically reduced which makes factions/gangs more prevalent and city renovations to end. Would be pretty interested to have a FO game set in Detroit while it was actually turning into a post apocalyptic city....is this bad of me?. Only negative thing about Detroit is not many people know landmarks there.

New York can be saved for another time, it seems too ordinary. Crysis 2 just had NYC anyways. New Orleans would be cool, but it seems they already touched on the whole hillbilly swamp setting in Point Lookout. Miami wouldn't be a bad place either, maybe "Fallout Miami" (released after FO4, like FO: NV) Detroit would be a great place to start, then branch out and do the specific dlc's....even though dlc's are bs and should be free if you bought the game.

i retract my previous location and substitute it with your suggestion of detroit! i'd like ghouls to be playable from the get-go, or a way to become one if you become exposed to too much radiation and fail to take the measures in ridding yourself of it. let it be a drawn out process rather than instant or a little bit quicker than doing it instantly.