I Will Be Going To Bethesda Studios To Meet The Developers

stealtrecon

I heard you be able to destroy things like the Windmill I think could they go further in debt about that. I want to see if you can destroy other things like houses.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard you be able to destroy things like the Windmill I think could they go further in debt about that. I want to see if you can destroy other things like houses.

destructible environments... interesting.

I hope they don't go into debt! :biggrin:

The mill must be run by the US government. :biggrin:

It really depends on the engine that they made the game in. If the new engine supports destructible environments then we can mod to our hearts content. I doubt it would be very easy to create destructible environments though.

If they are using Havok Destruction, you can take a look at the 5 demo clips: Farmhouse, Greek Interior, Interior Room, Project Offset and Bridge Demo.

I know they are using Havok Physics and Havok Behavior but cannot remember if it was ever confirmed for Destruction.

Is there any chance you could ask them about what they're doing in the line of stealth play? The vanilla stealth system seemed like a precursor to battle in TES:IV, and they certainly did not let it flourish in either Fallout games. I'm really hoping that playing a stealthy character will actually be an alternative to a brawl character or a mage. The ground work is all there in Oblivion, birth signs, potions, even spells are there to aid in combat, not to mention the entire thieves guild and dark brotherhood being heavily stealth related. But it's only ever been a 50% chance that an enemy would not immediately know where I was if I were sneaking around and shot them with a bow from 300 feet only to do about a tenth of their health worth in damage. If they could have stealth be a bigger part of Skyrim, maybe not for dragon battles and the like, but just play a larger combat role, it would be fantastic.

Here's something you should tell the devs: make the compass optional.Your health, magicka, and stamina bars aren't supposed to display on the screen when you're not using either of them so if we could toggle the compass off then we could have a really clean HUD.

^ Yeah I agree, plus that it's just stupid that the compass shows all the caves, ruins, all the places you haven't even visited.

I doubt houses can be destroyed, apart from windmills and such. It could be tricky to implement considering the house interiors are still in separate cells.