Paid mods for skyrim workshop on steam

Nexures

Wet and Cold is getting the most attention on the "pay" mod option...

This is some of the comments over there...

"Remember when everyone supported buying mods? Me neither" LOL!

"Awesome, hope people start uploading this to other places, f**k off!"

"Good bye Skyrim, I loved you <3"

"
WELCOME TO MODERN GAMING, LEAVE YOUR WALLETS AT THE DOOR"

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boombro noones talking about EXPANSION mods. we're talking about every single thing that comes out. so i dunno.. f***ing re skinned dragon armour that changed the colour to red. So instead of that being free, now you'll pay x for it. happy ?

Edited by Nexures

Still, think about it. If a mod earned a lot (a big new land mods or something.) they will be able to have better, bigger and more stable staff to make even bigger mods faster.

I recall that there was a mod that changes oblivion to another game, I will pay for that. Also I will be happy to pay for dragonborn galley and beyond skyrim. Very big mods that fill your time.

I'm sorry Boombro, but that is not why some people will make mods. Alot of "modders" will perverse this into an easy way to make money. I see the community releasing anything just to make a quick buck. It will work for some BIG mods, but the majority of mods out there, like 90% of them I wouldn't pay 99 cents for! Dammit! I expressed my opinion. Oh well.

What's more concerning is the people on steam that post mods they didnt create that they got from nexusmods. Mods made by Shiva64, Mardoxx, Forsaken32, MisterPete, etc. They're on steam but the uploader in these cases arent the authors of the mods. Will they have the option to profit from nexusmods mods? I hope not. There's a steam user named IGo who is known for posting skyrim nexusmods mods without permission from the author.

TL;DR Are there methods in place to protect creator content that ends up posted on steam without creator's permission??

Edited by h3aso4