Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

Can someone please tell me what is going to happen If Bethesda decides that the new Fallout or Elder Scrolls will be exclusive to Steam and its Workshop? Or does anyone believe that once the money starts coming in, they will let sites like the Nexus leak potential income? Do we want this kind of precedent?

I may be over 30 and overly cynical but since when did companies have the comsumer's best interest at heart? It is MY game and My rules and you are NOT ALLOWED to host mods for my game to any other sites except steam, unless you want our legal team to contact you.

Surely this will do wonders for the community and the modding scene. NOT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24588634. #24588679 is also a reply to the same post.

jet4571 wrote:
badiyee85 wrote: If only SKSE, BOSS, LOOT, MO, NMM, FNIS, and all the other "instrumental" mod resources would do the same as you are.

Alas, alas, alas..

fores told cheesko to take down his fishing mod and he did,
skse posted a statement that they're okay with people relying on SKSE for paid mods so far

In response to post #24588634. #24588679, #24588759 are all replies on the same post.

jet4571 wrote:
badiyee85 wrote: If only SKSE, BOSS, LOOT, MO, NMM, FNIS, and all the other "instrumental" mod resources would do the same as you are.

Alas, alas, alas..
boulegue wrote: fores told cheesko to take down his fishing mod and he did,
skse posted a statement that they're okay with people relying on SKSE for paid mods so far

hence, alas.

if only SKSE took a firmer stance.

In response to post #24587774. #24588374, #24588409, #24588444, #24588549, #24588584, #24588659 are all replies on the same post.

Faralai wrote:
badiyee85 wrote: I have to agree, seeing the amount of hype, then the update brought... but you have to pay. The price is ridiculously expensive too. In my country's currency that's enough to buy a full dinner meal.
Faralai wrote: Yeah also steams says the reason they are doing this is to to encourage better mods...yeah right, they do because they get 75% of the cash.....
boulegue wrote: you can go as little as $1 thats still a full meal in some countries but steam caters to the majority not everyone
the wet&cold version on the nexus is working fine and if he wouldnt have released an update ever noone wouldve complained about it
GenBloodhorn wrote: Soon enough, Bethesda will regret this decision. just like Elder Scrolls Online paid subscription, that became Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
phantompally76 wrote: @bouleegue, your devil's advocate routine is getting kind of old, don't you think?

I mean, it isn't any less transparent or obvious than it was 10 hours ago.

boulegue wrote: since people keep posting the same stuff i can keep replying the same stuff im not really siding with anyone just stating facts

if that opposes your opinion good for you but please refrain from trying to silence mine

WTF wat and cold COST MORE THAN SKYRIM that week

In response to post #24588634. #24588679, #24588759, #24588784 are all replies on the same post.

jet4571 wrote:

Alas, alas, alas..
badiyee85 wrote: hence, alas.

Interesting that Valve already registered a Nexus account back in 2012 whose only purpose was to spam pro-paid-mods comments 3 years later.

I for one would not pay Valve/Bethesda for somebody else's hard work. If all proceeds went to the mod author then that's okay, but the fact that Valve/Bethesda take a cut for themselves is disgusting.

In most cases the modders have fixed and implemented things that Bethesda should have added to the game themselves years ago and yet Valve/Bethesda expect to be paid for a modders hard work!!! I don't think so. I would rather donate to a modder when I can afford to.

I'm afraid I for one will completely boycott steam workshop due to this decision. I have nothing against the modders, just the greedy corporate heads skimming free cash for themselves.

In response to post #24588634. #24588679, #24588759, #24588784, #24588854 are all replies on the same post.

jet4571 wrote:

Alas, alas, alas..
badiyee85 wrote: hence, alas.

ScrollTron1c wrote: Interesting that Valve already registered a Nexus account back in 2012 whose only purpose was to spam pro-paid-mods comments 3 years later.

i wish valve would employ me if anyone from valve is reading this please shoot me a pm Edited by boulegue