Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

In response to post #24563049.

njits wrote:

Things that come to mind are mods like NVEC, Project Nevada, or FWE. Total overhauls that blow the original game out of the water. The kind of overhauls no one really plays without. It makes you question whether or not you really want to shell out sixty bucks for the next Bethesda entry, knowing you may have to turn around and pop another 10, 15, 20 for what should have been delivered in the first place, on top of the 10, 15, 20 you may be paying for official DLC.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24562094. #24562579, #24562824, #24562974, #24563394 are all replies on the same post.

JetBoom21 wrote:
iWilliBlecha wrote: I say, if someone spents a lot of time making a good mod, then he should have the right to ask for something in return! Not everyone has a lot of money and this could help some modders to make a living.
Also, I trust the community to make this work out!
igorlipinski wrote: I wouldn't even mind paying for mods if the modders got the money for themselves and the mods add something relevant to the game... But 1€ for a mod that adds 1 sword to the game? Also, the fact that most of the money will likely go to Valve is ridiculous and shows that the move has nothing to do with supporting modders and instead aims to stuff GabeN's wallet even more... Valve is proving once again that they have no idea how to interact with the community...
FiendishGhoul wrote: Yeah, at least one of the comments I read over on Steam was beyond despicable and that's ridiculous.

Feeling disenfranchised is one thing, but escalating to hideous threatening language is completely uncalled for.

I'm glad the community here is showing, for now, that we're above such things.
igorlipinski wrote: FiendishGhoul, it is sad indeed that people bash modders for taking their mods out of Nexus (although I still think it's not exactly nice from the mod authors to pull the mods just like that, especially since there's quite a lot of people that can't afford paying for 200 mods, especially with prices for most being 1€+) but I do think the Valve deserve all the s#*! they are getting, since it's not the first time where they went against the community, it's enough to mention all the "updates" and "fixes" to CS:GO.. Also, if the shares are like you mentioned in OP (and I doubt they'd settle for less than 50% of the money), it's despicable that they try to cover up their greed with this talk of supporting the modders... If they wanted to support modders, they would only charge a small fee for the sake of breaking even for hosting the mods on their servers and administrative stuff...

@ iWilliBlecha

If you don't have money, don't mod. Simple as that. There are more important things in life, and making the community worse off because you don't want to find a job is not a good idea.

I guess thanks Dark0ne for keeping mods open for everyone to share and use...

$38... for something that amounts to Francesco's Creatures and Items Mod...

$5ish for Midas Magic spell pack.

It's "funny" how Valve put a 24 hour trial period after you buy a mod so you can see if it works.

"Funnily" enough, Francesco's Creatures and Items Mod doesn't start to show defects until much later when you get further into the game. The Francesco's mod I'm mentioning is an older mod and is no longer being worked on. You'd basically be buying something that trashes your game after a while with tongs.

Oh and no refunds after 24 hours...

Edited by Aedred

In response to post #24563049. #24563679 is also a reply to the same post.

njits wrote:
NoDebate wrote: Things that come to mind are mods like NVEC, Project Nevada, or FWE. Total overhauls that blow the original game out of the water. The kind of overhauls no one really plays without. It makes you question whether or not you really want to shell out sixty bucks for the next Bethesda entry, knowing you may have to turn around and pop another 10, 15, 20 for what should have been delivered in the first place, on top of the 10, 15, 20 you may be paying for official DLC.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people on here have more than 80 or so mods running in their games. Imagining paying for all of those is blowing my mind already but it's going to happen.

In response to post #24562194. #24562354, #24562709, #24563084, #24563309, #24563459, #24563644, #24563674 are all replies on the same post.

trainwiz wrote:
BlueFenix wrote: PRAISE BASED TRAINWIZ
Dark0ne wrote: Like.
NoDebate wrote: Thank you trainwiz. You my n'wah.
raupao wrote: You give me hope.
enrikiller wrote: But goy, don't you know there's mad shekels to be made?
yourenotsupposedtobeinhere wrote: As will mine.
EWM333 wrote: Much appreciated

THANKS trainwiz... sadly i think there surely will be some good/big modders that won't be as enlightened as you are... and they will be lured in this marketing campain that's taking place "on the other side" pretty fast pretty badly...

In response to post #24562194. #24562354, #24562709, #24563084, #24563309, #24563459, #24563644, #24563674, #24563819 are all replies on the same post.

trainwiz wrote:
peppefarina wrote: THANKS trainwiz... sadly i think there surely will be some good/big modders that won't be as enlightened as you are... and they will be lured in this marketing campain that's taking place "on the other side" pretty fast pretty badly...

good boy :) Thanks

In response to post #24562194. #24562354, #24562709, #24563084, #24563309, #24563459, #24563644, #24563674, #24563819, #24563864 are all replies on the same post.

trainwiz wrote:
peppefarina wrote: THANKS trainwiz... sadly i think there surely will be some good/big modders that won't be as enlightened as you are... and they will be lured in this marketing campain that's taking place "on the other side" pretty fast pretty badly...
Bellasimo wrote: good boy :) Thanks

awesome!