ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

I love how much more civilized people are being about here on the Nexus, all the comments on the steam workshop are whining, screaming and people beating their keyboards with heir fists. It actually gives me hope for the future of modding, at least for the community side of it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My little house mods will be staying here as well. I've no interest in getting involved with the pay for mods thing. I've always liked the modding community here on Nexus and was always happy to be part of it. Let's hope that it continues to flourish.

I'm pretty sure what they're doing is an insult to majority of TES players due to the fact that I think a large portion of the players are actually playing a non vanilla skyrim. Hell that's the only reason why Skyrim is being talked now even though it's been out for quite some time. Bethesda and Valve are gonna lose a lot of supporters, I doubt they're even gonna make a lot of $$$ from this either.

In response to post #24562094. #24562579 is also a reply to the same post.

JetBoom21 wrote:
iWilliBlecha wrote: I say, if someone spents a lot of time making a good mod, then he should have the right to ask for something in return! Not everyone has a lot of money and this could help some modders to make a living.
Also, I trust the community to make this work out!

I wouldn't even mind paying for mods if the modders got the money for themselves and the mods add something relevant to the game... But 1€ for a mod that adds 1 sword to the game? Also, the fact that most of the money will likely go to Valve is ridiculous and shows that the move has nothing to do with supporting modders and instead aims to stuff GabeN's wallet even more... Valve is proving once again that they have no idea how to interact with the community...

In response to post #24562404. #24562524, #24562599, #24562684 are all replies on the same post.

ramccoid wrote:
AmraHobbes wrote: Thank you. Your mods are some of the best.
HrvojeRaznjevic wrote: ramccoid, I use almost all of your mods. Keep up the good work mate
Elianora wrote: Same here.

Kudos to both of you, Elianora & Ramccoid!

I'm afraid It will still hurt Nexus as many modders will now put their content on steam instead, will be hard to resist for many i'm sure.

In response to post #24562094. #24562579, #24562824 are all replies on the same post.

JetBoom21 wrote:
iWilliBlecha wrote: I say, if someone spents a lot of time making a good mod, then he should have the right to ask for something in return! Not everyone has a lot of money and this could help some modders to make a living.
Also, I trust the community to make this work out!
igorlipinski wrote: I wouldn't even mind paying for mods if the modders got the money for themselves and the mods add something relevant to the game... But 1€ for a mod that adds 1 sword to the game? Also, the fact that most of the money will likely go to Valve is ridiculous and shows that the move has nothing to do with supporting modders and instead aims to stuff GabeN's wallet even more... Valve is proving once again that they have no idea how to interact with the community...

Yeah, at least one of the comments I read over on Steam was beyond despicable and that's ridiculous.

Feeling disenfranchised is one thing, but escalating to hideous threatening language is completely uncalled for.

I'm glad the community here is showing, for now, that we're above such things.

In response to post #24562744.

galger2013 wrote:

You haven't seen the recent posts made on the Wet and Cold mod here, at nexus. Everyone is ripping on isoku. There are a lot of people calling him/her nasty things. I'm sorry, internet assholes are everywhere, nexus is sadly no exception. Edited by aceventura45