Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24562404. #24562524, #24562599, #24562684, #24562874 are all replies on the same post.

ramccoid wrote:
AmraHobbes wrote: Thank you. Your mods are some of the best.
HrvojeRaznjevic wrote: ramccoid, I use almost all of your mods. Keep up the good work mate
Elianora wrote: Same here.
FiendishGhoul wrote: Kudos to both of you, Elianora & Ramccoid!

Thank you (to you both - and anyone else who continues modding for the sake of modding). Edited by NoDebate

I'm done. Especially since steam workshop is absolute crap for skyrim modding. If your going to release a mod and charge for it on the workshop at least have the decency to release it on the Nexus for those that want to use it and decide on if they wish to pay for it.

I for one will NOT support any mod author that doesn't have a mod on the Nexus (or other sites) and only releases their work on the Workshop as I avoid steam workshop for skyrim like the plague. If they have it on workshop AND Nexus I'd be more inclined to support them via a workshop purchase though i wouldn't download it through the workshop.

If they think the'll make me pay for mods they're wrong. I'll stop buying games and pirate everything if it's what it takes.

This is absolutely outrageous. How they think this is okay is beyond me.

f*#@ Valve and f*#@ Bethesda

Of course you are against it. It hurts your business model. Nice advertising and people paying for your "premium" service, and all and all the modders on this page get nothing but a sense of "community" and you walk away with some nice pocket change every month.

Why would you want that to be ruined? ----------------------------------------->

SEE that arrow? it is pointing at the T-mobile add on the right of the page that I see right now.

I'd rather receive 100% of nothing than give away 75% of my earnings to host my mods on an invasive platform that occasionally force-feeds updates that break games. However, the Nexus donate button means I don't have to settle for nothing, and I keep 100%.