Steam Service Providers, and some how needing to clarify the Nexus stance again

Dark0ne

In response to post #24687539.

bigd4450 wrote:

Modders shouldn't be allowed to lock stuff behind paywalls plain and simple. Instead they should be encouraged to provide benefits to donators. Early access to new versions of a mod before the non-donators for example could be one way to encourage donations without dealing a potential death blow to the modding community in the long term (which is what paywalls will do) especially if Bethesda decides that for FO4 and TES6 that ALL mods have to be released on the paid workshop (that would cause the price of the game to go from the cost of the game and official DLC to skyrocket depending on how many mods that you use, and some people use hundreds of mods).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any modder who supports paid mods should be blacklisted.

well then you need to black list me, Gopher, Chesko, Isaku, the SkyUI team, need i go on?

So that means no SkyUi, Frostfall, SkyRe, Wet and Cold, Skyrim Mod Santuary and Totorials, etc just to name a few

Seriously guys do you even read the stuff you write, take SkyUI the newest Paid mod for example. Version 5 is on the workshop but 4.1 is still on Nexus, do you know why? Do you even care that the new features in 5 are only there because the SkyUi team had to hire /3rd party programers/ because the scope was beyond their ability, 4.1 was supposed to be the final version but with the promise of $$$ they could add in those new features that they couldnt justify a out of pocket cost for.

Now is every Workshop paywall the same, no of course not, but just laying down a blanket "we should ban modders from making content for us, that'll show them!" is just plain STUPID

Edited by nekollx

In response to post #24689134. #24689344 is also a reply to the same post.

nekollx wrote:
Lordkabal26 wrote: Except Bethesda has already got their money from the sales of the game and sales of the DLC. Why do they deserve jack all from the work of mod authors especially those that add new stuff to the game and DO NOT reuse assets from vanilla skyrim??

And you know what? You already bought the game paying for just that.So pay twice if you want. Edited by Salzber

In response to post #24689134. #24689324 is also a reply to the same post.

nekollx wrote:
Salzber wrote: And you knwo what? You already bought the game paying for just that.So pay twice if you want.

Except Bethesda has already got their money from the sales of the game and sales of the DLC. Why do they deserve jack all from the work of mod authors especially those that add new stuff to the game and DO NOT reuse assets from vanilla skyrim??

In response to post #24687539. #24689299 is also a reply to the same post.

bigd4450 wrote:
Lordkabal26 wrote: Modders shouldn't be allowed to lock stuff behind paywalls plain and simple. Instead they should be encouraged to provide benefits to donators. Early access to new versions of a mod before the non-donators for example could be one way to encourage donations without dealing a potential death blow to the modding community in the long term (which is what paywalls will do) especially if Bethesda decides that for FO4 and TES6 that ALL mods have to be released on the paid workshop (that would cause the price of the game to go from the cost of the game and official DLC to skyrocket depending on how many mods that you use, and some people use hundreds of mods).

Excellent points
. Take ANY mod, what percentage is original? Then too, is the modder who engages in PULP modding.One modder on STEAM is known for female follower mods..every 3 months or so, he regurgitates another CLONE.

And yet, this GUY creates something (however repetitive) that kept some people playing and kept making money.

In response to post #24689314. #24689404 is also a reply to the same post.

nekollx wrote:
Salzber wrote: "Skyrim Mod Santuary and Totorials"
Well I honestly couldn't care less for that two ...

You guys should honestly be supporting getting more donations directed at mod authors and not paid mods locked behind paywalls which will only be detrimental to the long term modding community for any PC game. There's a reason why Mojang forbade the outright selling of minecraft mods.

Why should we blacklist the people you are upset with when you can easily ignore them yourself? If you dislike something about a mod or modder, walk on by. That is the standard of behavior here. It's worked very well for a long time. State your opinion, by all means. Just don't be surprised if you are ignored.

I've seen some sites (I think Wikipedia was one) where, if you wanted to donate, you could do so through Amazon's payment system. I thought this was a really good idea, because I don't like giving credit card info to many different sites. I don't trust PayPal after I had a hacked account with them and the awful customer support they offered. Amazon seems a bit more professional. Is there any chance we could donate through Amazon instead of Paypal?

In response to post #24689064.

Servius1234 wrote:

Donations to mod authors on Nexus are handled through Paypal. The Nexus doesn't see any of your financial data in those transactions, nor does it see that data if you donate directly to the Nexus or buy a premium subscription using Paypal.