Malicious ad/further hacking?

BlackBaron2

While I was looking at files on Nexus, I got this ad:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1082/annoyingad.th.jpg

I don't get this anywhere else, or see any other ads. I suspect someone has hacked the site.

Another Premium Member chiming in. This happened to me (once) today on the "DA Files" page, but when I wasn't logged-on to that part of the site. Figured it was a re-direct from the add that was displaying at that very moment.

So, closed that browser session, then went back and logged-in. No problem since... :mellow:

A couple folks remarked on ad redirects on this thread... both are Premium members. I smell something exceptionally fishy.

I got that too. Strange. Is it by sheer coincidence I also can't use the middle mouse button for opening a new tab on the links on TESNexus, except for the top banner (Forums, Articles, FIles, etc)?

Ditto on both counts. I got the ad the first time I navigated from the Nexus home page, and I can't open Nexus pages in new tabs by any means other than right-clicking and selecting 'open in new tab. Neither Control-click (on Windows) nor Cmd-Shift-click (on Mac OSX) open a new tab here, but they work on other sites, and used to work here as well.

I agree with Eiries - something's not right.

It's just for premium members (Can a supporter confirm this?) and it's on all 4 Nexus sites. I saw it twice on FO3Nexus, and once on the other sites. I was browsing both image share and files section.

This is a URL I got from one of the ads when I was on NVNexus. It only seems to link to the file now, but the URL may prove useful.

http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=57933&m=5&tp=6&url=http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php%3Fid%3D39063

Yep, I am a premium member and logged in. I went to TESNexus and clicked "Updates today" and got the ad complete with "Please take a few moments to visit our sponsors." Hmmm. I too agree with Eiries.

Edit - Just checked. It is happening with all of the Nexus sites.

Same just happened to me. Clicked on a file update link and got this full-page ad. Something definitely wrong here. This sort of tactic certainly does NOT encourage me to ever buy from these companies, or even do them a favour of clicking on the damn thing. It's just underhanded and rude.

Oops, just realised my mistake. I've added a new adformat that's meant to display once every 3 hours or so. The type of advert is called an "interstitial" and is quite safe. It's the same type of ad seen on a lot of sites, including the Planet sites like Planet Elderscrolls. Where I mucked up was by getting the premium "on/off" flag the wrong way around; so it's displaying for premium members rather than normal members.

Sorry about that! Fixing it now.

The redirects are all screwy too--if I click on a link to download a file, it not only gives me the popup that it is meant to, it also makes the file link show the standard download in progress page for Nexus sites.