Aliens

MadMike710

Like many aspects of Beyond-the-Normal, this kind of thing is best experienced. Experiential understanding of an idea or event is what carries salt. A great many people don't believe in ghosts, until they see one or think they have. The same is true for UFO's. Experience is the key, and reliable witnesses abound. I'm speaking of military men, professional pilots, policemen, etc, who by all of societal standards are respectable, reliable witnesses to the events they experience.

I submit another book, one that I think all extraordinary people should read. It's called The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel, and it is insufficient to have seen or see the movie.

The book, however, details a period of time in an American town some decades ago where sightings of UFO's, men in black (the real ones, not government agents), and Mothman it/himself were incredibly common and seen repeatedly by townspeople, policemen, emergency workers, et al, in backed-up, cross-referenced events that basically sum up a very large part of the whole series of the X-Files all in one book of true stories.

Go and get it and read it, it won't disappoint. Plus, it goes beyond the usual stereotypes of Visitors from Mars, and is the first book to introduce a very new way of looking at aliens, ships, ghosts, demons, and all things of the Numinous World. That is perhaps its greatest achievement.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to get out of my depth here but my understanding of current theories goes that it is not possible for information in any form including energy to transfer between dimensions. The operating word here is CURRENT. If new theories succeed in turning over the current knowledge and suggesting that transmission/ travel is possible then yay, I'll be happy!

it is more likely that any non human contact we recieve will be from the set of dimensions we are capable of perceiving now i.e. 4 dimensional space.

I believe, or at least hope that a significantly advanced society would be capable of exploiting quantum foam, if it were so then energy issues cease to be relevant and only time and living space in a vehicle become an issue. To societies who had the will neither would be a major issue as there is so much in the way of materials in a solar system that design and construction become the major difficulty. I have no difficulty in imagining liberating a large asteroid or object from the oort or kuiper belts after modification and developing a society in the decades and centuries of travel.

If the suggestions of quantum entanglement etc live up to the speculations then again I'll be happy, blissfully, cos one of my cherished dreams would stand a chance of coming true.

In the summer of 1950, while having lunch with colleagues who were chatting about recent reports of “flying saucers” in the news, nuclear physicist Enrico Fermi suddenly blurted out, “Where is everybody?”.

Behind his question was the following line of reasoning:

(a) There are likely many other technological civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy

(b) It is highly likely that other technological civilizations are many thousands of years more advanced than us

© In a few million years, they could have explored or even colonized many distant planets, certainly encompassing the Milky Way

(d) So why don’t we see any evidence of extraterrestrial civilizations?

In the ensuing decades since 1961, numerous leading scientists have examined Fermi’s paradox and have proposed solutions. These range from presuppositions that there is a galactic pact not to disturb nascent civilizations like us (preferred by astronomer Carl Sagan), to the stark conclusion that there are no other technological civilizations in the Milky Way, or even in the entire universe! Here is a brief listing of some of the proposed “solutions,” and common rejoinders

1. They are nearby observing us, but are under strict orders not to disclose their existence. Rejoinder: It just takes one member of the extraterrestrial community to break the pact. Given our experience with human society, it seems utterly impossible to impose such uniformity on a vast civilization.

2. They exist, but are too far away. Rejoinder: Once a civilization is sufficiently advanced, it could send “von Neumann probes” to distant stars, which could scout out suitable planets, land, and then construct additional copies of themselves, using the latest software beamed from earth. Simulations suggest that the entire Milky Way galaxy could be explored within a few million years (an eyeblink in galactic time).

3. They exist, but have lost interest in interstellar communication and/or transportation. Rejoinder: As with item #1, this explanation requires that each and every civilization forever lacks interest in communication and transportation, which seems very dubious.

4. They are calling, but we do not recognize the signal. Rejoinder: The current Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) project has designed their equipment with the assumption that the remote civilization is making some effort to signal their existence in a way simple enough for us to detect and understand.

5. Civilizations like us invariably self-destruct. Rejoinder: This is the L term in Drake’s equation. From our experience we have survived at least 100 years of technological adolescence, and have not yet destroyed ourselves in an nuclear, biological or environmental apocalypse. Besides, within a few decades we will have colonized the Moon and Mars, and then our long-term existence will be impervious to potential calamities on earth.

All the above is a compilation of research and ideas that others have proposed, simply thought that it would add to the debate as food for thought.

Or another solution could simply be that they aren't really more technologically advanced than us and that they too don't have the ability to travel or have interstellar communications. That would mean they have never visited us and don't even know OF us. While this is very unlikely, it is a possiblity. Figured I'd throw it out there :P

With these kind of subjects, I just let it be and say I dont know it, and I probably will not for a long time.

I dont believe in them, nor do I oppose that they are real. It is just something that I dont know, and I accept that, regardless what religeon or facts, it has not been 100% proved

i am confident that the boundaries of time and space are similar to the virtual world in a computer screen in that you can fold it all up and be on the other side in no time theoreticly speaking. Edited by Nadimos

The Universe is absolutely huge. As in, much so huge that we can never get our minds wrapped around it. I think there has to be some other life out there, somewhere.

Is it as intelligent as us? There's a good possibility. Though I'm reluctant to believe many of these stories about supposed "alien abductions" (especially the one about the guy who claimed to have had sex with a bunch of catgirl aliens), I think they exist, somewhere in this universe.

If they are at our level of intelligence or even greater, I hope we make contact with them someday. I'd love to meet an alien. :)

(though if any of these abduction stories are to be believed and there really are aliens out there that can travel the universe in an instant, then obviously they're a heck of lot more intelligent and advanced than we are... which is a little scary I admit.)

Edited by Lehcar

As huge as the universe (multiverse if you like) is, we know less about whats at the bottom of our oceans than whats out there in outer space, maybe we are already co-existing along side creatures that would blow our minds and we don't even know it.

Interestingly enough NASA's orbiting telescope Kepler has just finished a year long project in which 1235 possible planets have been found (could be asteroids and the like but they think their planets) of which 54 fall in the Goldilocks range of being able to support life ,previously there were only 2 that fell in that range.Being as it was just announced thought it useful to this thread.

Aliens might exists but in all honesty, let's say if they are itelligent space travellers.. Why they would want to visit planet that has bunch of violent, primates (humans) that destroy everything on sight if something doesn't please them? If i was one i would let this planet alone. ;)

But putting aside green/grey little men. I think alien life exist in bacterial level maybe even below Mars's surface.